U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2009, 03:15 PM

24 posts, read 37,946 times

Advertisements

Going to Pima Community College. How is the area around that part of Tucson? I have 2 roommates and we would like to work part time. How hard is it to find a job right now? Thank you
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2009, 04:22 PM

4,201 posts, read 12,716,835 times
Hey 07...

good luck with your plans...but which is it?....Florida, California, or Arizona??...check out your recent posts....glad to help you if you can confirm it's here!

Old 12-16-2009, 04:27 PM

yeah i know its down to those three places. lol I was set on cali but they are raising rent where we were gonna move and the market for a job is horid. Florida might end up being a little to far away for my roommates. I would love Gainesville but their parents think its to far from home. No one had a problem with AZ area, I have family from there so decided to look around Tucson

Old 12-16-2009, 04:40 PM

the area around the main Pima campus (west) is good, but mixed...lots of student commuters...standard apt. complexes....some are student oriented with UA students mixed in, also....lots of people bike it....rents will be about $700 and up

jobs: as in most places nowadays, not good....if school is your main activity here, I suppose you could flip burgers....Raytheon, a missile manufacturer, is the biggest private employer here...the usual state and local govt jobs, too, but very difficult for those now....Tucson is not booming now.....

what else do you need to know?...have you visited here before?....when does school start for you?

Old 12-16-2009, 04:52 PM

07:

I scanned your other posts...are you just itchin' to get out of WA with your friends to a sunny and hip place?....how old are you?....if only 18 - 20, slow down and evaluate a big move like this.....I'm not against it, but just start thinking long term....I can see one of your roommates bailing on you, leaving you with a rent bill coming up due and utilities....or not finding a job you really like....

how about going to a CC in WA for a year to get the basics out of the way, then Wash or WSU with in-state tuition?...Seattle is a hip town, too....

just an idea....don't want to see you make a mistake....

Old 12-16-2009, 05:53 PM

yeah i'm 20 years old and really itching to get out of here! I've taken a year of school at a CC here in Washington. Right now i'm looking at places to I would like to attend a university at once i gain residency. I found a place called the Stargate west and seemed to have great ratings on the apartments review site i found.

Old 12-16-2009, 08:00 PM

School would start late august. I've been to the area b4. It seemed pretty nice.

Old 12-18-2009, 11:37 PM

31 posts, read 87,858 times
Smile Have you ever been to Gainesville?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07McCarthy View Post
yeah i know its down to those three places. lol I was set on cali but they are raising rent where we were gonna move and the market for a job is horid. Florida might end up being a little to far away for my roommates. I would love Gainesville but their parents think its to far from home. No one had a problem with AZ area, I have family from there so decided to look around Tucson
Although U of FL is a good school, I cannot imagine anyone with a pulse wanting to live in Florida. Gainesville is isolated, very congested, and poorly planned. To make matters worse there's nothing, I mean nothing, to see or do. Best thing in Gainesville is drag racing. If you're thinking you'll have all the sun and fun you can handle - think again. It's farm country. I'd choose U of A anyday. It's tops in many areas and there's loads to do in Tucson.

Old 12-19-2009, 11:28 AM

Yeah everyone is set and we will be moving to the Tempe area or Tucson. I have some other family in the Peoria area but I'd rather head the Tucson way because I would like the be a wildcat not a sun devil.

No I never been to Gainesville. I just heard it was a nice medium sized town.

Old 12-19-2009, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07McCarthy View Post
I would like the be a wildcat not a sun devil.
great to hear...so you might as well start calling them the ASWho Scum Devils....

make sure your roommates don't bail on you halfway thru a semester.....

keep your grades up....very important when you apply to the UA.....

and we don't observe daylight savings time down here!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson