U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-31-2010, 10:27 AM

7 posts, read 11,232 times

Advertisements

Yeah .. ive heard that also... but what parts of central really ???? i mean they call 29th st. central.. the whole glenn/fortlowell... alvernon/columbus areas central.. i know alot of those areas are infested with dope .. i did grow up in midtown.... but it seems that north of broadway and east of columbus has allways been fairly decent.. am i wrong ??? dont make enough money to live in the foothills.. plus its overrun with rich kids on hard drugs.. herion/coke.. at least in town its more pot heads you gotta worry about... unless you end up in the areas i mentioned above.. i liked rincon high school.. most my friends that went there have been fairly successfull and have sent thier kids there also... so what does anyone think??? for a normal middle class family.. am i making a reasonable assumption.. of the area.. or am i totally off the mark??? like i said havent lived in tucson in almost 10 years...
Yeah .. ive heard that also... but what parts of central really ???? i mean they call 29th st. central.. the whole glenn/fortlowell... alvernon/columbus areas central.. i know alot of those areas are infested with dope .. i did grow up in midtown.... but it seems that north of broadway and east of columbus has allways been fairly decent.. am i wrong ??? dont make enough money to live in the foothills.. plus its overrun with rich kids on hard drugs.. herion/coke.. at least in town its more pot heads you gotta worry about... unless you end up in the areas i mentioned above.. i liked rincon high school.. most my friends that went there have been fairly successfull and have sent thier kids there also... so what does anyone think??? for a normal middle class family.. am i making a reasonable assumption.. of the area.. or am i totally off the mark??? like i said havent lived in tucson in almost 10 years...
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2010, 11:29 AM

42,835 posts, read 85,039,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayrockk520 View Post
.... but it seems that north of broadway and east of columbus has allways been fairly decent..
Well, it looks OK, but who knows... Some are obsessed with the "North of Broadway" rule. There is some merit to this rule, but Broadway is a looong street and it certainly doesn't apply to all stretches. Grant & Alvernon is North of Broadway, isn't it?! And Columbus is a block East of Alvernon. In other words, it's pretty damn close to all these activities, if you ask me...

Old 04-08-2010, 09:16 AM

153 posts, read 496,821 times
Tucson has the craziest traffic out of every city I ever lived in. Especially Central. Horrid road conditions, the lights aren't coordinated, way too many cars, etc. I mooved out to the far West side and stay away from Central Tucson during rush hours. I believe by doing this I will live a longer life and can enjoy some Sonoran Hot Dogs with less stress. Hahahahahaha.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
View detailed profiles of: