U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2010, 10:40 PM

4,923 posts, read 8,075,408 times

Advertisements

I like being able to grow plants and flowers all year round, leaves on the trees, the desert landscape, the colorful birds, the spectacular sunsets, the sound of rain on the roof, monsoons, mild winters, and so much more....
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2010, 05:09 PM

33,411 posts, read 32,257,589 times
there is no one thing that is my absolute favorite thing about tucson, as there are so many things. while our summers entice the devil to vacation here from time to time, god comes here in the winters. one of my old pastors complained once that being a minister in tucson was tough because in the winter you cant promise us heaven, and in the summer you cant threaten us with hell.

going beyond the number of fine restaurants and hotels, there is the desert landscape, that can change within a few hours to mountainous forests. and then there is the desert museum, old tucson, the pima air museum, saguaro national park, saguaro national monument east(two of the largest concentrations of saguaro cactus in the world), southwest international raceway. head up north to phoenix, and there is firebird raceway. go further north past flagstaff and there is the grand canyon.

and then there are the people. we have about 1 million of some of the friendliest people on earth here. and dont forget the university of arizona, and its various athletic programs. the coaches try to recruit the best athletes from around the nation that also fit the attitude of tucson.

Old 04-04-2010, 09:32 PM

5,407 posts, read 7,522,837 times
I like you can drive 5 minutes and be completely out by yourself in the desert and mountains. Very liberating.

Old 04-05-2010, 11:26 PM

8,873 posts, read 15,455,294 times
I'm not a huge cheerleader for Tucson (mostly due to the correctness of your observation "I was stepping back into the 1970's,") but the things I enjoy the most are:

-Stunning mountain vistas and sunsets
-Wonderful Tohono Chul Park
-Interesting architecture (homes, not the downtown!)
-Unique shopping in the Lost Barrio
-Patio dining options
-Gelato at Frost (as good as Italy!)
-Hotel Congress

Old 04-06-2010, 07:27 PM

15 posts, read 37,946 times
Oooo gelato, thanks for that tip Jukesgrrl!!!

Those are all things I would like to check out.... this has been a wonderful thread to read I like reading some of the positive, inspirational stuff mixed into all of the critiques and negativity abounding in these web forums. Is that negative? :P Haha

Anyway, love to read about what moves people.

Many times I see Tucson sunsets in my mind, they have been very striking moments in my life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson