U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 04-09-2010, 04:23 PM
 
602 posts, read 1,962,640 times
Reputation: 407

Advertisements

I had a pizza at Zona 78 yesterday and it was scrumptious.

Just letting you guys know, fwiw. I've been back in town for nearly two years now, and I finally got around to going there. Well worth it.

For me, so far, I like Zona 78 and Grimaldi's the best for pizza in Tucson.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-09-2010, 08:26 PM
 
Location: 602/520
2,441 posts, read 6,700,761 times
Reputation: 1815
I think Zachary's and Brooklyn are the best... I'll have to try Zona 78 though.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-09-2010, 08:28 PM
 
Location: Tucson for awhile longer
8,873 posts, read 15,455,294 times
Reputation: 29169
I think pretty much any pizza that comes out of a brick oven is going to be better than pizza that doesn't. Zona 78 seems to me similar to what you would get on the West Coast at places like California Pizza Kitchen or Wolfgang Puck's. Which is not a complaint, just the observation that it's not New York City pizza -- which, to my mind, is the ne plus ultra of pizza. And please note that I am saying that as a person who is not a native New Yorker and as a person who has eaten pizza in Italy.

I enjoyed the ambiance at Zona 78, also. It's a nice place to be with friends. Thanks for the recommendation of Grimaldi's. I'll try it next.

Are you the same azhiker I see on Huffington Post?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-09-2010, 08:39 PM
 
Location: Southern Arizona
9,549 posts, read 29,867,640 times
Reputation: 11526
I agree, azhiker . . . Zona 78 has great pizzas.

Also, just East on River a couple blocks is Zinburger . . . great hamburgers.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-09-2010, 09:15 PM
 
Location: Miramar, FL
117 posts, read 271,967 times
Reputation: 64
If you ever make it down south towards the Green Valley/Sahuarita area try "Two Girls Pizza". Its pretty good too! (Its off of Duval Mine Rd, just West of the Highway near the Titan Missile Museum)
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-09-2010, 09:33 PM
 
602 posts, read 1,962,640 times
Reputation: 407
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jukesgrrl View Post
I think pretty much any pizza that comes out of a brick oven is going to be better than pizza that doesn't. Zona 78 seems to me similar to what you would get on the West Coast at places like California Pizza Kitchen or Wolfgang Puck's. Which is not a complaint, just the observation that it's not New York City pizza -- which, to my mind, is the ne plus ultra of pizza. And please note that I am saying that as a person who is not a native New Yorker and as a person who has eaten pizza in Italy.

I enjoyed the ambiance at Zona 78, also. It's a nice place to be with friends. Thanks for the recommendation of Grimaldi's. I'll try it next.

Are you the same azhiker I see on Huffington Post?
Nope, that's not me, Jukesgrrl.

Yeah, I used to live in a 'burb of Napoli for a year and a half. Super pizzas there (of course). You'll like Grimaldi's too (brick oven).
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-09-2010, 09:36 PM
 
602 posts, read 1,962,640 times
Reputation: 407
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummer View Post
I agree, azhiker . . . Zona 78 has great pizzas.

Also, just East on River a couple blocks is Zinburger . . . great hamburgers.
Yeah, Bummer, I had a burger there before. Massive and good.

I've kind of gone nuts on the good food the last couple of days. Zona 78 two days ago, then I tried one of those BK Sonoran Hot Dogs yesterday (I like Guero Canelo better), and today, Miss Saigon for lunch and In-N-Out for dinner.

I'm probably gonna burst an artery any day now. At least I'll die with a full belly and a smile on my face
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-09-2010, 09:37 PM
 
602 posts, read 1,962,640 times
Reputation: 407
Quote:
Originally Posted by polo708 View Post
If you ever make it down south towards the Green Valley/Sahuarita area try "Two Girls Pizza". Its pretty good too! (Its off of Duval Mine Rd, just West of the Highway near the Titan Missile Museum)
polo, do they make them in a brick oven there too?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-09-2010, 09:51 PM
 
33,411 posts, read 32,257,589 times
Reputation: 19962
Quote:
Originally Posted by azhiker View Post
I tried one of those BK Sonoran Hot Dogs yesterday (I like Guero Canelo better)
i also like canelo better than bk, but only because the buns are much better at canelo.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-11-2010, 02:42 PM
 
45 posts, read 177,386 times
Reputation: 54
What time of pizza is it? Deep dish or flat? I'm a New Yorker and the pizza's that have come the closest to the New York pizza I love is No Anchovies, Brooklyn Pizza (those two are the same ranked) and then Mario's. I'm always on the search for good pizza so I'll try Zona 78 out.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2022, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top