Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2010, 02:19 PM

42,831 posts, read 87,997,292 times

Advertisements

Hmm, I'm not sure why the post I was trying to quote disappeared... but we sure don't need legs anymore! Heck, I haven't seen it, but I've heard about Brail pads on banks' drive-through ATMs!

Old 04-27-2010, 03:18 PM

3,440 posts, read 8,026,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post

Heck, everything's being done to discourage walking and socializing. Even businesses right next to each other are separated by walls and you have to drive out of one parking lot and into the other! Do everything through drive-ins, online, machines, so it can be ensured you never meet anybody! Because, God forbid, people talking tend to share discontent, too, and that's dangerous!
Well you and I both know about the reasons behind the "engineering" of all this.

Old 04-27-2010, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morphous01 View Post
Well you and I both know about the reasons behind the "engineering" of all this.
Yeah... we do... God forbid, they may also have strong family ties, relationships, and friendships, too! Outrageous!

Old 04-27-2010, 04:55 PM

1,389 posts, read 3,522,919 times
Quote:
Hmm, I'm not sure why the post I was trying to quote disappeared... but we sure don't need legs anymore! Heck, I haven't seen it, but I've heard about Brail pads on banks' drive-through ATMs!
Thats a manufacturing thing. Brail is on the front of the walk up ATMs outside of a bank. When they first made drive up ATMs, it used the same front as the other machines - No need to create a whole new plastic shell - they just used the old ones.

Old 04-27-2010, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chorizo View Post
Thats a manufacturing thing. Brail is on the front of the walk up ATMs outside of a bank. When they first made drive up ATMs, it used the same front as the other machines - No need to create a whole new plastic shell - they just used the old ones.
Good to know!

Old 04-27-2010, 05:34 PM

1,389 posts, read 3,522,919 times
Quote:
Good to know!
I have an enormous amount of useless facts/knowledge stored. I try to lighten the burden by giving it to others.

Old 04-27-2010, 09:52 PM

3,440 posts, read 8,026,410 times
Quote:
Yeah... we do... God forbid, they may also have strong family ties, relationships, and friendships, too! Outrageous!
You know what I also don't like?! I don't like it when big box stores copy the architecture of Ancient temples (e.g Pillars) so they can have better results to sell their cheap merchandise. That's called desecration in my book.

Old 04-27-2010, 10:08 PM

172 posts, read 474,975 times
Quote:
Being of the same kind, I have to say it's pretty hard... Eventually you learn to appreciate the good aspects (because there are good aspects - namely nature and weather), but the lifestyle certainly never grew on me and I've been living here for over 13 years.
I'm curious, as a New Yorker with an English wife, what is it about the lifestyle that has been hard to handle? And what part of town do you live in?

From my visits, I'd think the only place that would conceivably work for us there would be somewhere in 4th Ave. corridor and toward downtown. Where you could walk out your door and be able to hang out among people who aren't your generic suburban types. And you can be out in the desert in 20 mins ... unlike NYC, where you've got to sweat thru traffic, pay tolls and maybe get out in hour or 90 mins to somewhere natural.

Old 04-28-2010, 12:25 AM

4,922 posts, read 8,543,788 times
My neighbors just moved here from England. They absolutely love the Tucson lifestyle and love being here in OV. They moved here from Bourton Swindon (?) UK. And my daughter has lived in Hungary for the last year and a half and can't stand it. She wants to come back to the US as soon as possible. She's just not thrilled that they'll probably be stationed in the Florida panhandle.

Old 04-28-2010, 12:28 AM

4,922 posts, read 8,543,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chorizo View Post
Born and raised in Tucson.
Not retired.
Not running from the law.
Not in witness protection.
Obviously not from another country.

So.. what are you trying to imply?

Also, recent immigration law is not about Tucson, but the entire state. If you don't like it
<----- Kalifornia is this way - they have a lot of sanctuary cities to choose from.
Born and raised in the USA.
Not retired.
Not running from the law.
Not in witness protection.
Obviously not from another country.
Here by choice.
Love it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson