Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2013, 04:37 PM

53 posts, read 90,941 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedJacket View Post
"but they couldn't say anything about them smoking pot"

Using illegal drugs is committing a crime and the manager of the complex has an obligation to inform the cops. I suspect management just wants to keep the place occupied. You need to inform the cops and let them know you informed the management.

You could also get in touch with the owner(s) of the complex. I don't believe they'd appreciate management ignoring this problem.
Correction. Cannabis is now legal in Colorado and Washington state and will be in other states soon. And by the way it is not a drug, it is a whole plant herbal medicine. But thanks for all the wonderful comments people. Now I know not to move to Arizona!

Old 01-15-2013, 04:39 PM

53 posts, read 90,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Pickering View Post
Ignoring illegal drug use is why the cancer is spreading. It is our community. Our neighborhood. The only way to stop the cancer is to report every infraction to the people we pay to enforce our laws. If you choose to look the other way, you are as responsible for the illegal activity as the perpetrators.
The cancer is the prohibitionists trying to tell people what to do and control the way other people live there lives. Not the Cannabis. It is just a harmless innocent plant.

Old 01-15-2013, 05:12 PM

8,000 posts, read 17,334,839 times
We have reasonable laws in most cases, and Cannabis is not legal in Colorado and Washington. It is in violation of Federal law which supersedes state law. It is a narcotic and always was.

Old 01-15-2013, 07:09 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,328,298 times
Quote:
We have reasonable laws in most cases, and Cannabis is not legal in Colorado and Washington. It is in violation of Federal law which supersedes state law. It is a narcotic and always was.
Yes it is inviolation of Federal law even in those states. However, in Washington at least, the administration has made it clear it will not enforce the Federal law as long as the user is not in violation of Washington state law (ie limited amounts etc). I think the judgement was made that going after such folks in a state where it is legal (at the state level at least) is both non-productive and "messy".

Ken

Old 01-22-2013, 01:10 PM

39 posts, read 73,310 times
It's all fun until someone loses an eye...or some such wisdom. Yeah, the post is old, but it's a good topic to bat around. Next month we'll discuss politics and religion.

Old 01-22-2013, 04:33 PM

17,914 posts, read 43,412,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Musketeer3-2 View Post
It's all fun until someone loses an eye...or some such wisdom. Yeah, the post is old, but it's a good topic to bat around. Next month we'll discuss politics and religion.
Not in this forum, there's other forums here for that.

Old 01-24-2013, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
Yes it is inviolation of Federal law even in those states. However, in Washington at least, the administration has made it clear it will not enforce the Federal law as long as the user is not in violation of Washington state law (ie limited amounts etc). I think the judgement was made that going after such folks in a state where it is legal (at the state level at least) is both non-productive and "messy".

Ken

The state is not who the pot heads need to worry about. It is the feds that have been poked like a sleeping bear. I think all this state law stuff has just awoke a sleeping bear and the boomerang effect is gonna be disappointing.

Old 01-24-2013, 05:15 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,328,298 times
Quote:
The state is not who the pot heads need to worry about. It is the feds that have been poked like a sleeping bear. I think all this state law stuff has just awoke a sleeping bear and the boomerang effect is gonna be disappointing.
As I mentioned, Holder (ie the FEDs) has already said the FEDS will not actively pursue the such cases in Washington state. (by "the Administration" I was referring to the Federal government - not the State of Washington).

Ken

Old 01-25-2013, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
As I mentioned, Holder (ie the FEDs) has already said the FEDS will not actively pursue the such cases in Washington state. (by "the Administration" I was referring to the Federal government - not the State of Washington).

Ken

That is not what the Local press is saying. They say there has been no comment from the feds yet as a decision has not been made.

Old 01-31-2013, 10:38 AM

9,532 posts, read 16,515,499 times
My only question is this. Is all this legalization of pot just for medical purposes, or for the general public? That is as long as they only have a certain amount. I know I lived in a bldg in Portland that was loaded with people smoking pot. It was terrible and I was glad I was able to leave. I don't care for cigarette smoke let alone pot smoke.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson