Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2010, 04:55 PM

6 posts, read 71,583 times

Advertisements

Ok here's the deal I live in an apartment complex and the man who lived below my apartment just left, I now have new neighbors, I don't know how many people actually live there cause they constantly keep having people over, it first started with the damn noise, music everyday and the bass makes all my apartment shake. I asked them nicely to lower the volume and they did, but every day after that they keep turning it on, then they started smoking pot which really pisses me off first of all because I don't like drugs being around the place I live, my little sister and parents come visit quite often and this is not an environment I want for me or for them. I like having my window open and I've had to close it several times because it stinks up the whole living room, they also keep their balcony all messy with trash and cans and there are a lot of cigarette butts outside their apartment. This apartment complex is a little bit more family oriented rather than for students, I talked to management about this and they said they where going to tell them about the noise, but they couldn't say anything about them smoking pot, which is what bothers me the most, I'm a student myself and I consider myself pretty tolerant and easy going, but I like to keep the place where I live nice, clean, and healthy. I do not think it is legal for them to be smoking pot, and I really would want them to leave, what can I do about this?? help please

Old 06-01-2010, 05:15 PM

7,084 posts, read 14,861,633 times
You could have a friendly talk with them. Inform them that the next time they are too noisy, you are gonna call the police, and, the next time they are too noisy, call the cops, most towns have a time limit on how late loud noises should last and, if they are smokin' pot, they really don't want police around.

Old 06-01-2010, 05:35 PM

2,689 posts, read 6,933,979 times
Why warn 'em?

Next time it happens, just call the police. They're paid to work these kinda problems out. And a little surprise visit from the cops might just eliminate the pot problem.

Sorry, but the whole "friendly talk" concept is lost on people who feel they can do whatever they want, whenever they want and you asking them to be respectful means nothing to them. They tend to get angry and then take delight in just annoying you for the future of their stay.

Old 06-01-2010, 08:03 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,328,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by canibeyou View Post
Why warn 'em?

Next time it happens, just call the police. They're paid to work these kinda problems out. And a little surprise visit from the cops might just eliminate the pot problem.

Sorry, but the whole "friendly talk" concept is lost on people who feel they can do whatever they want, whenever they want and you asking them to be respectful means nothing to them. They tend to get angry and then take delight in just annoying you for the future of their stay.
I agree, just call the cops. Your mention of people constantly coming and going makes me wonder if they are not only smoking pot, but selling it (and other stuff as well). You do NOT want THAT going on in your apartment complex.

CALL THE COPS.

Ken

Old 06-01-2010, 08:12 PM

1,046 posts, read 3,484,089 times
Why don't you leave a note on their door telling them to clean their porch and keep the noise down after 8pm or you will call the cops the next time you smell pot.

That should solve most of your problems. It's kind of a dick move to call the cops just for smelling weed (*from collage students*).

Old 06-01-2010, 08:27 PM

5,706 posts, read 9,630,158 times
"but they couldn't say anything about them smoking pot"

Using illegal drugs is committing a crime and the manager of the complex has an obligation to inform the cops. I suspect management just wants to keep the place occupied. You need to inform the cops and let them know you informed the management.

You could also get in touch with the owner(s) of the complex. I don't believe they'd appreciate management ignoring this problem.

Old 06-01-2010, 09:51 PM

38 posts, read 149,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by avd88 View Post
Ok here's the deal I live in an apartment complex and the man who lived below my apartment just left, I now have new neighbors, I don't know how many people actually live there cause they constantly keep having people over, it first started with the damn noise, music everyday and the bass makes all my apartment shake. I asked them nicely to lower the volume and they did, but every day after that they keep turning it on, then they started smoking pot which really pisses me off first of all because I don't like drugs being around the place I live, my little sister and parents come visit quite often and this is not an environment I want for me or for them. I like having my window open and I've had to close it several times because it stinks up the whole living room, they also keep their balcony all messy with trash and cans and there are a lot of cigarette butts outside their apartment. This apartment complex is a little bit more family oriented rather than for students, I talked to management about this and they said they where going to tell them about the noise, but they couldn't say anything about them smoking pot, which is what bothers me the most, I'm a student myself and I consider myself pretty tolerant and easy going, but I like to keep the place where I live nice, clean, and healthy. I do not think it is legal for them to be smoking pot, and I really would want them to leave, what can I do about this?? help please

If this a trick question?

either tolerate it....or not.
I'd recommend not tolerating it and call the police.

Old 06-02-2010, 01:00 AM

6 posts, read 71,583 times
I tolerate other students at 2 am on weekends having beers and talking on the grill area which is pretty audible in my apartment, even when I have a test the next day or whatever, it is perfectly understandable to have a good time with friends when you have no other obligations, I do that myself. I don't tolerate however people blowing marijuana fumes out of their balcony which then impregnates my whole living room. Thanks for the responses, I think it would be a good idea to contact the owners, I'll try that tomorrow. What's really weird is that I haven't heard any noise or smelled any pot for the past 2 days, I'm thinking there must have been other complaints.

Old 06-02-2010, 02:20 AM

8,869 posts, read 16,317,950 times
I caution against the direct approach in these cases from personal experience. I left a polite note for a downstairs neighbor once and had two tires on my car slashed the next day. If you call the police and ask them nicely not to out you to the neighbors, chances are the perpetrators will never know for sure who dropped the dime on them.

Old 06-03-2010, 11:12 PM

470 posts, read 1,155,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by avd88 View Post
Move or MYOB,OP.
Which is preferable?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson