Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Tulsa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2007, 01:44 AM

14 posts, read 50,651 times

Advertisements

my friend recently relocated from tulsa to durham and she loves it there. she says that the two are very comparable on friendliness in attitude and such, so i think you'd like it on a "regional cultural" basis in tulsa.

having said that, i am from tulsa and used to live in nashville. i adored it! the pace was very relaxed and even though it was jam-packed with transplants because of the music industry, most people picked up on the laid back thing and were great. we've been considering going back to nashville for a while so i've been keeping an eye on the market and from what i saw there were definitely things more affordable that the 200k you mentioned. i agree that you might find more work in a place like that because of the orientation of the industries, but tulsa will have its share.

another place you might consider in your hunt (if you like the texas thing, too) is austin. the traffic can be hairy, but not as bad as socal really. not only is the real estate in dallas/austin/etc. considered to be "undervalued" in the market, but there is a growing music and entertainment industry that you might be able to use to your advantage in graphic design.

good luck!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2007, 07:01 AM

11,887 posts, read 36,922,373 times
To echo georgeious' statements, if jobs are a concern (as they always are for those that are not retired), there are other job markets in Oklahoma and Texas. Oklahoma City, being a larger city than Tulsa, has more job opportunities, and south of the border down here in Texas, the DFW area is filled with jobs in Graphic Design. Austin is much the same but there will be more in Dallas/Fort Worth area. Hope this helps.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Tulsa