Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Tulsa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-08-2010, 09:57 AM

1,188 posts, read 5,534,458 times

Advertisements

One leg is needed to complete this animal rescue transport on Saturday, July 10, 2010. If you or anyone you know in the Tulsa area can help, please DM and I will provide you with the coordinator's email and cell number. Permission to crosspost was provided by original author. Please do not cross post to Craigs List.

As of July 8, 2010 at 10:16am:

ONLY 1 MORE LEG TO FILL!!!

Leg #6: Tulsa, OK to Joplin, MO (I-44)
1 hr 46 min; 113.57 miles
3:30 pm - 5:20 pm CDT
NEED

Jade is a sweet blue doberman who was dumped at the San Marcos, TX animal shelter and was scheduled to be PTS on 6/29/10. She was pulled and is in a foster home. A crate is being sent along and it is recommended that Jade be crated because she is in heat. We would not be transporting her until after her heat cycle but she is heartworm positive and in desperate need of treatment.

Sender:
The Doberman Assistance Network
Website: dedicated non profit helping dobermans needing assistance

The Doberman Assistance Network is a 501(3)c organization who only uses approved Doberman Rescues. They facilitate moving dobermans from shelters and other situations into approved doberman rescues. The Doberman Assistance Network fosters, vets and helps transport to these rescues. Rescues that are approved have gone through an approval process which requires that all dobermans be neutered/spayed, microchipped with the rescues information, the rescues must check vet references, do home visits and have an adoption contract.

Receiver:
Midwest Doberman Rescue
Website: Stats about all US cities - real estate, relocation info, house prices, home value estimator, recent sales, cost of living, crime, race, income, photos, education, maps, weather, houses, schools, neighborhoods, and more

Midwest Doberman Rescue does home visits, checks vet references and microchips their dobermans and they have adoption contracts.

Passenger:
Name: Jade
Breed: Doberman
Sex: Female / Will be spayed by receiving rescue - IS IN HEAT NOW!!!
Size/Weight: 65 lbs
Color/Markings: Blue
Vaccs: UTD
Heartworm Status: Positive - rescue is going to treat
Health: Good, with exception of HW positive
Housebroken: Yes
Personality/Behavior: Sweet, loves people and does well with other dogs
Crating: Highly recommended that she be crated for travel due to being in heat - crate is being sent along for transport
Car Riding Behavior: Rides well in car
Items being sent: Health Certificate, vet records, leash, collar, water bowl, food and crate
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2010, 10:12 AM

2,673 posts, read 3,248,373 times
I just offered to drive the Tulsa to Joplin leg. I emailed the person who notifies me of these transports. I hope he gets it in time as I would love to help transport Jade.

Old 07-08-2010, 10:33 AM

1,188 posts, read 5,534,458 times
This leg has been reportedly filled! Thank you to everyone who help spread the word.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Tulsa
View detailed profiles of: