Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Tulsa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2010, 02:06 AM

40 posts, read 103,723 times

Advertisements

Wondering if there is a Ex con support group here in Tulsa? Are you married to an Ex convict? Are you in love with a Ex convict? Iam, and would like to chat with someone that is, to even being a group leader to start a support group that are connected to an Ex Convict. Dont judge others unless you have walked in their shoes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2010, 02:10 AM

Default dont judge unless you've walked in their shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justusjnd View Post
Wondering if there is a Ex con support group here in Tulsa? Are you married to an Ex convict? Are you in love with a Ex convict? Iam, and would like to chat with someone that is, to even being a group leader to start a support group that are connected to an Ex Convict. Dont judge others unless you have walked in their shoes.
If you know of any groups, or would be interested in joining a support group, plz let me know.

Old 08-07-2010, 06:16 PM

2,825 posts, read 7,542,392 times
I don't know of any. I bet the DA's office does, though!

Old 08-07-2010, 06:40 PM

7,525 posts, read 16,976,226 times
Redbird would probably know. I think he's spent a fair amount of time behind the walls............

Old 08-08-2010, 01:13 AM

34,254 posts, read 20,529,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodpasture View Post
Redbird would probably know. I think he's spent a fair amount of time behind the walls............
Actually there is, and it's set up just like cdf. Unfortunately, like cdf, it has its share of trolls and a lot of misinformation and "blaming the sytem", but for the most part it's simply people asking the same questions over and over.

What is cushing like? My man is getting transferred to wackenhut and we need to know more about this place. What is OSR like? How come they don't protect the prisoners. Why doesn't DOC do this or that to help inmates. Are there any apts in <insert city>?

OTOH, there are a lot of good, kind, loving family members who are clueless about life behind the fence. It has separate forums for each state and for Federal. Just do a google search and you'll find it.

Old 08-08-2010, 02:51 PM

Thank you redbird, good info, we will look into it. What gets me the most is how ppl judge us. It sickens me, to know that certain ppl that call them selves "christians" can judge so many, but against all odds, we all sin, and all. Tho really we are just looking for friends, that have things in common, to get together and chat to even outside activities. To even support each other threw tough times.
Are you local?

Old 08-08-2010, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodpasture View Post
Thank you goodpasture for your reply. got one from redbird.

Old 08-08-2010, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Thank you redbird, good info, we will look into it. What gets me the most is how ppl judge us. It sickens me, to know that certain ppl that call them selves "christians" can judge so many, but against all odds, we all sin, and all. Tho really we are just looking for friends, that have things in common, to get together and chat to even outside activities. To even support each other threw tough times.
Are you local?
It works both ways. The inmate forums are full people who are ignorant of how things work doing a lot of judging themselves.

Every other post will be some story told to the inmate family member from the inmate putting down the staff, the guards, the case managers, the courts, the food, the lack of this, the cost of that, yet.... no one seems to remember going to lock up is voluntary. A LOT of them cry like hell when it's time to do the time.

Doesn't take long to learn the difference between a convict and an inmate. Just remember, they are not there for singing too loud in church and don't believe everything you read on those sites.

Old 08-08-2010, 04:46 PM

Let me clarify my self as i wrote that comment back to redbird, Iam also a Christian and Iam not saying all Christians are judgemental, tho we have found those that are towards us. once they find out bout my man. so just to clarify that. thanks for all the replies.

Old 08-08-2010, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Let me clarify my self as i wrote that comment back to redbird, Iam also a Christian and Iam not saying all Christians are judgemental, tho we have found those that are towards us. once they find out bout my man. so just to clarify that. thanks for all the replies.
Good point. I am just warning you, on those sites you will find some families are good, hard working, salt of the earth type people, and sadly, some aren't so nice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Tulsa
View detailed profiles of: