Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Tulsa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2006, 08:42 PM

1,355 posts, read 4,185,226 times

Advertisements

Good to see you liked Tahlequah. I spent some time around there this summer, didn't seem like Oklahoma, awesome!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2006, 12:54 AM

11 posts, read 77,009 times
Default Tulsa is great

I live in a town about 20 miles north of Tulsa, but I consider Tulsa my real hometown. Tulsa has about everything someone would want. Its not too big like Dallas, but not too small to offer just about everything you need. There are a ton of good resturaunts and 2 excellent malls. As far as crime goes, most of the areas north of highway 51 or the Broken Arrow Expressway are the shady areas of town. The parts to the south of highway 51 are nice and the further south you go, the nicer it gets. I really like the midtown areas near brookside and cherry street, and I would like to eventually purchase a house near those areas. Its funny that you mentioned Tahlequah because I am a college student there. Tahlequah is a great small town and its in a great location near a river and Lake Tenkiller. Tahlequah is a great place to go to college and it has a nice down town with many good resturaunts like the Iguana and Sam and Ellas pizza.

Old 11-06-2006, 04:00 PM

94 posts, read 612,546 times
chancellorman, what town do you live in? Just out of curiosity. I can't think of what's 20 miles North of Tulsa.

Old 11-10-2006, 03:15 PM

3 posts, read 10,563 times
Griffis,
I'm going to have to agree with you about the weather here in Ok. I've lived in Oklahoma a lot of my life, now in Coweta, which is a suburb of Broken Arrow. These Summers are terrible. I get ticked when the heat starts creeping up to the 90's, 'cause I know it's not coming back down until October. I'm really a colder climate-type person, though. I was in fine when I lived in Vegas, with 100 + days, but like they say...it was a dry heat, totally different. Yeah, my boots melted to the pavement, but I wasn't miserable.
Oklahoma weather could vindicate itself if we at least had something of a Winter, i.e. snow. But, usually, we just get a couple of ice storms. No snow to mention for the most part.
I absolutely love the Tulsa area, I really do. It's got so many high points. I was telling my fiance the other day that if we could live in Tulsa, but the city was in a more Northern state, or higher elevation, I'd never want to leave. It really is awesome here. Just too dang hot for my taste.

Chris

Old 11-12-2006, 12:41 AM

11 posts, read 77,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sooner-On-The-Move View Post
chancellorman, what town do you live in? Just out of curiosity. I can't think of what's 20 miles North of Tulsa.
I am from the Collinsville area.

Old 11-12-2006, 10:37 AM

450 posts, read 2,055,969 times
Default Grand Lake/Grove bit cooler/Bartlesville for arts/medical

Yes, Oklahoma gets plenty hot in the summer. I have a place on Grand Lake that gets a lot of breeze. I am almost overhanging the lake in my cabin so Summers are cooler.

I think Grove is an up and coming spot. Lots of jobs there for young people who want to service tourists, retirees. Great potential for art galleries and gift shops. More medical moving in, too. It is a very clean and upbeat little town.

Best bigger town is Bartlesville. Petroleum workers moving back. Nice scenery and great arts scene. Check out Frank Lloyd Wright's skyscraper and the old Santa Fe depot. Good medical. I would have my procedures done there rather than Tulsa cause I don't like the Tulsa traffic.

Old 04-19-2007, 04:17 PM

1 posts, read 2,989 times
Tahlequah is a nice place...

Last edited by okiefromokla; 04-19-2007 at 04:18 PM.. Reason: posted wrong post in wrong thread

Old 10-30-2008, 11:00 PM

1 posts, read 2,720 times
Hello -- I currently work for a large telecommunications company in NC and the jobs in our department are being shipped to the Phillipines. None of us know how long we'll be around but it doesn't look very good at this point. That said, I have been doing some investigating and am on the verge of getting an offer from HP/EDS there in Tulsa.

That's the GOOD part ! The BAD part is that this has happened in rather short order and I have a townhouse to try and sell -- in a really fun housing market, eh? LOL

Unfortunately, as with most companies, RELO assistance is a 4-letter word so I'm on my own. I will need room and board at hopefully someone's home until my house sells (this decade hopefully !).

Anyone have any advice?

Wayne

Old 10-31-2008, 08:50 AM

265 posts, read 904,153 times
I live in Broken Arrow and it is a wonderful community. No Complaints. Just south and east of Tulsa. Plus, some areas of Broken Arrow have the benefit of city services but in Wagoner County in stead of Tulsa County which translates to lower property taxes, etc...

Old 11-01-2008, 06:12 PM

2,557 posts, read 5,859,644 times
I don't like OKC's red dirt (clay soil) or the size. We chose Tulsa 36 years ago.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Tulsa