Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Tulsa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-28-2006, 10:30 PM

6 posts, read 58,180 times

Advertisements

We are thinking of relocating to the Tulsa area and my husbands profession is in the custom car audio installation/fabrication industry. Is the scene for custom car stereo/audio/visual/fabrication big in the area? We need to make an educated decision because we have 2 babies and I am in college and our home is currently on the market. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2006, 01:13 PM

11,887 posts, read 36,919,738 times
I don't live in Tulsa anymore, but it is pretty much like any other mid-sized city; people like to have their toys worked on by professionals. I would try google and plug in some terms like "custom car audio, tulsa" and see what comes up. To find out if the market is that hot or not there might be difficult unless you speak to someone over the phone or in person.

Best of luck to you and your family. Take care

Last edited by Synopsis; 11-29-2007 at 06:36 AM..

Old 10-29-2006, 05:53 PM

94 posts, read 612,652 times
Well, I can tell you that there wasn't a place that could do a decent install on my brother's car radio. So anyone who's competent would make a nice addition to the community.

Old 10-30-2006, 06:12 AM

6 posts, read 58,180 times
Default Thanks for the info...

I did take a look at that Tulsa now forum. It is really great because it is so local. Not being able to find a decent install...on just a radio!? That is really discouraging! He has had offers in Phoenix, but I don't like the looks of the city- too big and it sounds like they have their fair share of problems. I have never been west to see any of these places-just what I can find on the internet. We are originally from Upstate NY and he did his training and got certified just outside of Toronto, Canada. He has worked in Rochester, NY and near NYC and now we are in Virginia Beach. We are having trouble finding a place that pays, that is not too expensive to live, and where he can find reputable custom shops...this is proving to be tough to get all 3 qualifiers-Ahhhh...We have someone looking at the house today-hopefully they won't like it! We need more time! I really like the looks of Tulsa...hopefully something comes up-he is still doing his homework.

Old 11-06-2006, 04:03 PM

94 posts, read 612,652 times
Personally, I'd prefer Tulsa to Phoenix. But that's because there's more of a "community" there. Phoenix is too "big city" for me. Tulsa is inexpensive to live in (I realize, now that I'm in New Mexico where a decent rental home goes for $1200/month), most industries pay well. I don't really know that much about custom shops, but Tulsa has its share.

I may have misspoken earlier when I talked about my brothers stereo. Keep in mind that it was installed in 1992. I really do not know about the custom industry in the area now.

Old 11-28-2007, 11:11 AM

1 posts, read 3,876 times
I've lived in the Tulsa area most of my life and I am very much into the car audio/electronics scene. As are all of my friends.

Here are some of the best known car audio places in town.
I have had problems with a few of them, but everybody makes mistakes sometimes.

- Boomer's Audio (my personal favorite)
- Car Trends
- Car Toys
- Best Buy, Ultimate Electronics and Circuit City all do car audio installs, but I don't like going to them because car audio is not their specialty.
- Audio Advice does good work, but they were rediculously over-priced the last time I went in their store.

The rest of the car audio stores here in town are small stores and I've never been to any of them. Nobody I know has either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Tulsa
View detailed profiles of: