Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Tulsa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-04-2011, 01:08 PM

732 posts, read 1,047,753 times

Advertisements

I'm a current KC Mo. resident who lived in Tulsa from 1996-2000. I enjoyed many things about Tulsa and remember it fondly. I've been looking at some of the old threads here and got to wondering about many parts of Tulsa Living I experienced while I was there. Would love to get some new info.

I read somewhere that Bells is gone. Oh No! I loved that park. It was a favorite place to go on Friday nights. If I remember correctly, you could buy an all-ride pass for about 15 or 20 bucks. The park was just the right size. Not too big and the lines were never that long. I loved the bumper cars. I haven't found a park yet that has them. Worlds Of Fun up here sucks. Too expensive, too crowded and I hate standing in line for 45 minutes for a 3 minute ride. When did Bells close? What's there now?

Does the Fairgrounds still have the Saturday flea market? I used to go there when admission was free. Then they changed it to $1.00 and I would still occasionally go there. Do they still have the gunshows just about every weekend?

How is the weekend flea market on Admiral? I absolutely loved that place. You could find anything and everything.

Is Gardners Used Books still running? The biggest used bookstore I've ever seen. Spent a lot of time there buying record albums and comics. Gardner also did our taxes and he used to give us a merchandise coupon to the book store every year.

Casa Bonita still around? I used to eat there and go next door to a comic book shop. I can't remember the name of that place but bought a lot of comics there too.

I really need to get back sometime. i owned homes in Brookside, around 48th and Peoria. Then moved to Longview Lake, off 21st and Mingo. How are those areas now?

Thanks a lot. Look forward to your input.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2011, 03:55 PM

340 posts, read 1,288,329 times
Bells is closed and is now a parking lot. Some things like their skee ball machines can be played at the Max Retropub. The rest is in storage.

Flea Markets and gun shows are still the same as ever.

Gardners is still open and still huge

Casa Bonitas is still there, but the comic shop moved.

Brookside is turning into a more high-end district with restaurant's like Wolfgang pucks and high-end retailers.

The biggest change is in downtown. We now have one of the top 10 arenas in the nation, 6 professional sports teams, a world class baseball stadium, new hotels, restaurants and retail. Downtown has changed a lot in the last 5 years and will change exponentially more in the next ten.

Old 01-04-2011, 06:56 PM

7,525 posts, read 17,004,671 times
It hasn't......still too many people.......and I don't expect it to change for the better...........ever.........

Old 01-04-2011, 08:28 PM

431 posts, read 1,243,101 times
Brookside and downtown (specifically the Blue Dome area) are almost unrecognizable from the late 90's to now. KC is only 4 hours away, you should come down and check it out for yourself.

Old 01-05-2011, 03:43 PM

1 posts, read 1,676 times
Tulsa is a VERY BIG SMALL TOWN - avoid it if you can!!!!

Old 01-05-2011, 04:37 PM

7,525 posts, read 17,004,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mckenzie50 View Post
Tulsa is a VERY BIG SMALL TOWN - avoid it if you can!!!!
thank you

Old 01-06-2011, 07:34 AM

340 posts, read 1,288,329 times
Well there's two people i'm glad I don't have to share a town with.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Tulsa
View detailed profiles of: