Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Tulsa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-26-2011, 10:51 PM

15 posts, read 38,708 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone!!!
I have been reading all the threads on the different towns around tulsa and i really need yalls help and info on some towns please.. i will explain what im used to and what i like and you can give me some advise and insite...
I am orginally from springdale ark been there since i was 14 loved it at first until illegals took over... i have since lived in tx mo ok and i love ok and chose to come back and stay and finally plant my roots ... i am used to and like the smaller towns i love tulsa but dont want to LIVE in Tulsa... i would like to live in a friendly middle class town i say middle class becuz i dont want to live in an uppity town with a bunch of snobs who dont give a rats a$$ about anyone but there money for i dont have alot just a hard workin middle class family i guess you would say.. sorry but theres more to life then that and i guess im old school who is all about honesty compassion and im just plain down to earth kind of woman.... I just recently moved here from springfield mo although i loved the scenery i hated the ppl becuz they hated newcomers and treated you like dirt... so i guess what im tryin to say is i want to live in an accepting town with loving ppl!! does that even exsist nowadays? right now i feel displaced, depressed and missin my grandaughter and im so frustrated becuz i cant find a town to live in becuz im reading so many negatives on the towns im lookin at... so here they are... BROKEN ARROW was my first but way to many ppl for me BIXBY, JENKS, GLENPOOL, OWASSO, SKIATOOK.. Im sure all these towns are great but which based on what ive said would be best for me... I value everyones opinion and would greatly appreciate all the information i can get..... i am SO ready to get out of the filth wheel and into a home so i can feel apart of someplace and want to have my grandaughter for springbreak!!! sorry if this was so long..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2011, 11:06 PM

13 posts, read 19,295 times
Nana,

first, hello and welcome! You sound like a very nice and respectable person. I will give my opinion on your question ,but it's one that the uppity snobheads don't like to hear......First - you are right to not try to live in Tulsa because too many people and too many rich butt wipes. That also goes for Jenks..it's almost worse if you can believe that. Bixby used to be a nice little town for folks to settle in , but now its being turned hugely corporate and the horribly snobby rich robots just flock there like maggots. Out of the places you named i think you would do well in Owasso because it's still a bit laid back and not overpopulated with uppity's....yet
also Glenpool is good as well as Skaitook..and they're all close enough to Tulsa IF you want to come to shop and fight the traffic.

I hope this helps and good luck in your search.

JSG

Old 01-27-2011, 09:33 AM

265 posts, read 904,292 times
Nana, I think you would fit in well in Broken Arrow. There is a large working class population in Broken Arrow and residents in this community fall all across the spectrum of income levels. There is a growing population, but the city is spread out so it still feels small in many areas, while being close to shopping and dining. Broken Arrow ranks 3rd in the state for manufacturing jobs and has many employers who have announced expansion plans or will be expanding in the coming years. There area also a wide range of housing options here and we are close to several medical facilities.

Old 01-27-2011, 10:21 AM

1,173 posts, read 1,534,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLUEOCEAN_NANA View Post
Hello everyone!!!
I have been reading all the threads on the different towns around tulsa and i really need yalls help and info on some towns please.. i will explain what im used to and what i like and you can give me some advise and insite...
I am orginally from springdale ark been there since i was 14 loved it at first until illegals took over... i have since lived in tx mo ok and i love ok and chose to come back and stay and finally plant my roots ... i am used to and like the smaller towns i love tulsa but dont want to LIVE in Tulsa... i would like to live in a friendly middle class town i say middle class becuz i dont want to live in an uppity town with a bunch of snobs who dont give a rats a$$ about anyone but there money for i dont have alot just a hard workin middle class family i guess you would say.. sorry but theres more to life then that and i guess im old school who is all about honesty compassion and im just plain down to earth kind of woman.... I just recently moved here from springfield mo although i loved the scenery i hated the ppl becuz they hated newcomers and treated you like dirt... so i guess what im tryin to say is i want to live in an accepting town with loving ppl!! does that even exsist nowadays? right now i feel displaced, depressed and missin my grandaughter and im so frustrated becuz i cant find a town to live in becuz im reading so many negatives on the towns im lookin at... so here they are... BROKEN ARROW was my first but way to many ppl for me BIXBY, JENKS, GLENPOOL, OWASSO, SKIATOOK.. Im sure all these towns are great but which based on what ive said would be best for me... I value everyones opinion and would greatly appreciate all the information i can get..... i am SO ready to get out of the filth wheel and into a home so i can feel apart of someplace and want to have my grandaughter for springbreak!!! sorry if this was so long..
Wow.

Old 01-27-2011, 08:33 PM

whats with the WOW proudvoterofObama?

Old 01-27-2011, 08:38 PM

thank you so much for yalls replies BAGuy and john st george very much appreciated
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Tulsa