Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Tulsa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-05-2012, 05:50 PM

3 posts, read 10,367 times

Advertisements

Hey! I'm moving to Tulsa soon and my parents went up to scope out apartments in Tulsa for me because I couldn't get off work. I'm single, female and 25, so looking for something that will fit my lifestyle. I will be working odd hours monday thru friday, so I want to make sure its in a safe area.

My parents favorite was the Sonoma Grande on 81st, but I'm wondering if it's too far away from Midtown and the areas I'll be wanting to go out.
Also, people warned me to stay away from the Mall traffic. Is the Sonoma in the middle of all that?

They also looked at Lincoln Park but honestly weren't that impressed, but there was an apartment available. The other place they looked was the Renaissance. I have two dogs, so I'm also concerened about how easy it will be to take them out. Please Help me decide! I want to live somewhere nice but I also want to live not too far away from everything. Opinions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2012, 09:35 AM

1,368 posts, read 3,218,221 times
Default Grande

If you are working downtown or midtown, Sonoma Grande is not a good place. US 169 and the BA are slammed with traffic from about 7:30 to 8:30 every morning. I spoke with a coworker who said that US 169 adds 20-30 minutes to her commute every morning as it is so crowded. If you like the river and work downtown or in midtown, Lincoln Park is much closer and in a better location.

I live in midtown and hardly ever go to the Mess at 71st and Memorial (Mess is my term for that area). If I need to go to a department store, I go to Promenade Mall at 41st and Yale and can usually get what I need. The sizing availability is better in the Mess but the anchor stores usually carry the same items at both locations so you at least can see what they have.

I found the Renassance to be overpriced. You can rent a furnished apartment in Central Park next door for what you rent an unfurnished one there. I didn't price out Lincoln Park as I work downtown and wanted to walk to work.

What happened to renting in Cherry Street?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Tulsa