Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Tulsa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2008, 02:26 PM

7 posts, read 23,404 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by case44 View Post
Here it is: What are your favorite memories of Tulsa TV? The faces, the names, the fun. Maybe there's a thing you remember. Let's hear from you now on your experiences. Let 'er rip, guys!
Cartoon Circus, that was must watch tv, and it was where I got my love for classic cartoons. That and Uncle Zeb. There was Creature Feature on Tulsa 23, and Tulsa 23 Goes 3D! There was Turn on 2, 'cause 2 is turning Oklahoma on, and the News Guys on Channel 8-you know, 8's the place! And Bobby Lester's commercials for BJ Furniture and Dan Howell for Beauty Biz.

Good times, good times!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2008, 09:04 AM

620 posts, read 1,743,519 times
Default 50's TV

Do you remember Winky Dink? We placed thin plastic sheets on the TV screen that you could buy in a Winky Dink set that came with markers as I recall. If Winky needed a ladder to climb on, you drew it on the screen, etc.

How about Shock Theater or Zeta from Satellite 6?

BTW, does anyone remember a family outdoor dinner theater with a hayride in Tulsa outskirts called the Blue Moon or maybe Harvest Moon? I recall going there as a child in the early 1950s.

When William Boyd (Hopalong Cassidy) came to town for the Tulsa Horse Show in the 50s, he gave me one of his real Colt 45 bullets which I still have.

Old 02-03-2008, 10:05 AM

4 posts, read 12,416 times
Default mazeppa.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by skydiva44 View Post
How can you forget Cy Tuma? Peggy Shaber did the Coffee Break and she was my cousin. I grew up in Tulsa...but crossed the Red River 33 yrs. ago, but still come back for visits. Tulsa is and has always been a beautful city and a great place to raise children. How about Mazeppa? Gaylard Sartain....KELI, KAKC Radio..KRMG...can't think of that DJ's name offhand, but a very distinctive voice.
Gotta get a good laugh out of Mazappa. In case anyone is interested, you can order DVD's at mazeppa.com. I got one and it is so hilarious. Gailard and Gary Busey doing on-your-belly on-your-back! There is something so hilarious about those! Even my friends who didn't see this in their youth are guffawing. I plan to keep buying them, one at a time. I hope they have the sessions where Leon Russell appers as the mystery musician with a bag on his head. I haven't seen that and am a big Leon fan and would love to see it. You all may know this, but Leon named his son Teddy Jack. Seriously. For those unfamiliar, this was Gary Busey's character's name, Teddy Jack Eddy.

JM100

Old 03-12-2008, 06:22 PM

2 posts, read 3,697 times
Gailard and Gary Busey doing on-your-belly on-your-back! There is something so hilarious about those!

I used to watch Mezeppa every Sat. night. On-your-belly-on-your-back was hysterical! To this day everytime I see Gary Busey he is still Teddy Jack Eddy to me. I also liked it when G. Ailard was "Hoss Chopwright" with those huge fake teeth crammed in his mouth. How they came up with some of that stuff I'll never know. They were Saturday Night Live before there was a Saturday Night Live.

I also loved Mr. Zing, Tuffy and Shaggy. I still remember the Tuffy and Shaggy Songs. Tuffy's the Tiger for me!

Old 03-13-2008, 07:18 PM

52,572 posts, read 47,695,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by haileyh500 View Post
Gailard and Gary Busey doing on-your-belly on-your-back! There is something so hilarious about those!

I used to watch Mezeppa every Sat. night. On-your-belly-on-your-back was hysterical! To this day everytime I see Gary Busey he is still Teddy Jack Eddy to me. I also liked it when G. Ailard was "Hoss Chopwright" with those huge fake teeth crammed in his mouth. How they came up with some of that stuff I'll never know. They were Saturday Night Live before there was a Saturday Night Live.

I also loved Mr. Zing, Tuffy and Shaggy. I still remember the Tuffy and Shaggy Songs. Tuffy's the Tiger for me!
And who can forget Channel 6's Lee and Lionel? Or Gary Chew's movie reviews?

Old 03-24-2008, 01:45 PM

13 posts, read 34,547 times
I purchased the DVD's The Lost tapes of Mezeppa for my parents at Christmas. We watched them laughed and laughed. I had never seen them before, loved them.

Old 04-01-2008, 01:13 AM

12 posts, read 35,357 times
A lot of these personalities are way before my time, but Clayton Vaughn is my guy.

Old 05-28-2008, 11:20 PM

1 posts, read 2,702 times
how about mazeppa pompazoidi and the uncanny film festival--brought to you by challenging casuuuuals?

Old 05-29-2008, 12:45 AM

687 posts, read 2,341,587 times
My dad went to high school with and knew Gailard (Mazeppa) Sartain, when he was going to Will Rogers HS. I saw him one year in the mid 80s at Skelly Stadium videotaping a soccer game his daughter was in. I got a chance to talk to him a bit about my dad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Tulsa