Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Tulsa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2007, 09:58 AM

6 posts, read 22,855 times

Advertisements

Recently filed a complaint about a Tulsa business. The business initially didn't file a response to the complaint. The BBB had to request a response a second time and the business finally responded. Of course, in their response they left out several important details. I responded to add the important details that they left out. Anyway, to make a long story short. I got notified today that the BBB is closing the case and said the employer made a good faith effort to resolve the matter. Basically the BBB just accepted employer's response. I would like to know what in the heck was the good faith effort? The employer did absolutely nothing to resolve the matter. Nothing at all. Moreoever, it isn't even going to be on their record a complaint was filed. So what good is the Tulsa BBB? Do I have to be taken for several thousand dollars and absolutely no work be done and the company owners have fled the country before I get some action from the Tulsa BBB? Since my complaint was for only $65.00...just wasn't enough to mess with. I am not going to bother with the Tulsa BBB anymore. It is a joke!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2007, 03:53 PM

2 posts, read 10,252 times
Oh my, I was thinking about filing a complaint with them since my builder "Home Address builders in the owasso area" didn't fix things I've requested for my 30 day walk through. That's kind of stinks. I have a feeling that my complaint would probably be the same. Now, even my realtor won't help anymore since she already got her money.

Old 02-14-2007, 11:59 AM

94 posts, read 612,678 times
Keep in mind that the BBB is SO inundated with ridiculous complaints from consumers that it's all they can do to keep their head above water. As with everything else, it's the STUPID PEOPLE who try to keep the world from going 'round.

Old 06-19-2007, 09:35 AM

1 posts, read 6,280 times
I completely feel your pain. I recently had an addition done to my house. I did all the necessary research. At the end, the contractor inflated costs and lied about several things. My roof leaked and I was unable to get a response from him for 2 months. I contacted both the BBB and Tulsa HBA. The HBA told me they followed the ruling of the BBB. I sent every detail and documented problem and lie by the contractor to the BBB. The contractor "replied" with a very vague solution saying they would come out to look at it. I replied again stating that wasn't enough and that I wanted a detailed account of how they would fix it. Since I had caught him in lies before and it had taken 2 months to get to this point I wanted it done right. He replied to the BBB saying I was being uncooperative. I finally rejected his "offer" even though it was a half fast attempt. The BBB decided he made a good faith effort and closed the case. With the documentation I provided and his "response" the BBB can't tell me they would have accepted his "response" if they were in my position. Also, since the HBA follows the BBB he gets to keep his membership there. In researching the BBB I have found that a business only gets a negative mark if they do not respond at all to the complaint.

Old 01-15-2008, 09:27 AM

1 posts, read 5,931 times
Default Ref. what good is the BBB?

I feel the same way. I had what I thought was a good complaint about service I received and being highly overcharged for service work. I simply made a complaint, the business owner stated he didn't know there had even been a complaint, this was after the second notice to the company. Anyway, the BBB took the business side, and said, that I should of known certain things before I paid the business for the work done, and they dissolved the complaint for the business. In essence, my complaint was, I was charged $210.00 for a service call, and work done on a dryer, when in fact, the part cost only $7.35 on the internet, and I was still charged the service call of $75.00 when they repaired the part. I just felt I was overcharged and had a valid complaint.....needless to say, no one will know now about that company being high on service calls, etc.

Old 01-15-2008, 07:28 PM

340 posts, read 1,286,606 times
The BBB is around to protect against people taking your money and doing no work or other cases of outright fraud. If a business replies that they will investigate or try to fix the problem, then that is a valid response because they are showing action. It's only if they say they won't come out or they won't fix it that the BBB might step in.

Like mentioned before, they are inundated with stupid complaints, they are not concerned with he said/she said stuff, just whether or not the business shows ANY effort on their part.

Old 05-25-2008, 06:18 PM

1 posts, read 5,709 times
Thumbs up Bbb

I have used the BBB for many complaints. they have helped me many times. if you do not get any sastisfaction ask them to file an abrutration. once they do that you will get help from them. i tried many of the tv stations to try and get help, but since one of the companies does a lot of advertisement with them, they did not want to get into it.

Old 05-26-2008, 12:09 PM

702 posts, read 2,517,700 times
Don't forget another recourse is to call one of the local TV stations, they all have action lines where you can inform them of your issue.

Old 03-04-2009, 01:52 PM

1 posts, read 4,803 times
Default Flustrated at the Tulsa BBB

To All,
The BBB is an organization used by businesses to delay and frustrate the consumer. It can be used as a tool in the attempt to reduce the chances of finding an honest business but by no means do you find a guaranteed honest business. Note: The requirements to be a BBB member is: 1.) Join the BBB. 2.) Pay your dues promptly and 3.) Respond to complaints (not settle complaints, just respond). The BBB has no litigation powers and does not want to offend a good dues paying member. So don’t waste your time filing a complaint with the BBB. A better course of action would be to file a small claim court action or consult an attorney.

Old 11-10-2009, 05:16 PM

1 posts, read 3,936 times
The BBB is "title" used to give consumers a false sense of security. I AM a business, a chimney business to be exact, that has recently relocated from LA back to Tulsa due to a family illness. I had an excellent reputation built on word of mouth and was featured in BEST of LA twice. I had to join the BBB because that is what consumers are told to ask for, as if paying a membership due improved the integrity of a company. I rebuilt a chimney for a homeowner after the 1994 Northridge EQ that had tumbled down and also damaged his roof. I did an beautiful job on the chimney and it drew alot of extra business passer-bys. When I was trough with the construction the owner invited me inside while he wrote the check. He asked me if I could replace a couple of loose brick in the floor of the firebox and I told him yes. He asked how much would it be and I told him since he just had extensive work done I would do it as a courtesy. I scheduled a time to come back and he was not at home. The second time his girlfriend said she would be there and when I arrived she said if it was going to take longer than 30 minutes she would have to do it another time. This job was done in July. In November , Thanksgiving week, they called and wanted me to drop everything and come and do it for free. I told them they had waited too long and I had already made two trips to their home which cost me time and money (Gas, time away from a paying job etc). The homeowner then called and reported me to the BBB and I get a call from them stating the homeowner says he paid me for a job in full that I did not complete!!! I then had to document in writing and copy my original bid and show them that the estimate did not cover two bricks in the firebox. It was an exterior job only!! O never even knew the bricks were missing inside and I was nice enough to same I would do it for free. It is true---no good deed goes unpunished! My documentation saved my a$$. But just think of all the bad pubilicty I got from his word of mouth when he did not say it the way it really occurred. Honest and integrity works both ways. Home owners can be just a dishonest as businesses. The BBB assisted me in that respect but I know it is just as easily could have gone the other way if I had not been diligent enough to document accurately my findings. They goodness the homeowner was always smoking dope and was not smart enough to "lie" convinceingly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Tulsa
View detailed profiles of: