Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Tulsa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2013, 04:42 PM

5 posts, read 6,895 times

Advertisements

Thanks for the school info, Howest2008 and Swake. And, flyingcat2k and Swake, it looks like there might be a couple of properties in those areas that might work.

Is "Gilcrease Hills" nice, if anyone knows? (It's Tulsa schools.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2013, 06:31 PM

1,812 posts, read 2,224,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulsa Qs View Post
Thanks for the school info, Howest2008 and Swake. And, flyingcat2k and Swake, it looks like there might be a couple of properties in those areas that might work.

Gilcrease Hills is a nice, very diverse neighborhood. Very pretty and hilly and is right next to downtown. The main drawbacks would be that it is a little isolated from the major shopping areas and it's quite close to Tulsa's major ghetto area. Don't do local schools if you live there, go magnet (almost all the kids in this area do) or go private.

Old 04-25-2013, 07:14 PM

10,400 posts, read 15,581,661 times
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Gilcrease Hills are multi-racial in make up I'm AA and some of my Brothers and Sisters live there , it also
house Gilcrease Museum which is a World Class Arts Museum " has a great housing stock , along with
McMansion and Full Fledge Mansions " is near Freeway to provide a quick transportation link to DTTOK
and Mid-Town..Up-Town " .

Tulsa has a Middle School Magnet School called Carver Middle School which my Brothers and Sister ( who are a great deal smarter
than me ) send theirs kids to , and of course Booker T. Washington High School , these schools are among the best in the USA.

During my yearly visit to Tulsa 2012 I went to a Regional Track Meet to see my neice ( Brother Daughter ) run track for Carver
Middle School , she runs the 100 meters/yard plus the 200 meters or 220 yards if I'm correct. I't a shame I ran track one year
in High School and pretty much forgot everything.

Last edited by Howest2008; 04-25-2013 at 07:33 PM..

Old 04-25-2013, 08:29 PM

5 posts, read 6,895 times
Great, sounds like I can add Gilcrease Hills to my (growing) list of neighborhoods.

Thanks for the suggestion of Carver, Howest2008--I think I also heard from someone else when I was out there that it was an excellent middle school.

I really appreciate all this help, I feel like I have a much better idea of where to look!

Old 04-26-2013, 10:23 AM

1,812 posts, read 2,224,099 times
Quote:
Great, sounds like I can add Gilcrease Hills to my (growing) list of neighborhoods.

Thanks for the suggestion of Carver, Howest2008--I think I also heard from someone else when I was out there that it was an excellent middle school.

I really appreciate all this help, I feel like I have a much better idea of where to look!
Carver is a magnet middle school and is the main feeder to Booker T and like BTW it has no home school area, all the students are from all over the district. If you do well at Carver you basically automatically get into BTW.

Old 04-26-2013, 04:37 PM

10,400 posts, read 15,581,661 times
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by swake View Post
Carver is a magnet middle school and is the main feeder to Booker T and like BTW it has no home school area, all the students are from all over the district. If you do well at Carver you basically automatically get into BTW.
True Swake it's automatic
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Tulsa