Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Tulsa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2014, 05:55 PM

5,546 posts, read 9,506,351 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by augiedogie View Post
I think its funny that a 30+ is still into the nightlife? And he thinks he's going to find LA nightlife in Oklahoma. He might want to rent by the month for awhile. My guess is that he will not last long. Countrywide opened in Plano, TX several years before I worked there. They told me that started out there with all staff transfered in from CA. 1/2 left within the first year. And that was Plano, Dallas is just a hop skip and jump away. My guess is that someone who loves CA will be back before too long.
Yep. Another one bites the dust.

It is different out here. Transplants need to know so they can be sensible and make a reasonably informed decision.

After seeing many transplants burnout on Oklahoma, the first thing I usually suggest is that they come and visit to get the feel of the place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2014, 11:56 AM

10,400 posts, read 15,583,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Catfish2008 View Post
Yep. Another one bites the dust.

It is different out here. Transplants need to know so they can be sensible and make a reasonably informed decision.

After seeing many transplants burnout on Oklahoma, the first thing I usually suggest is that they come and visit to get the feel of the place.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howest2008 View Post
Hang on in there big brother a change is coming to Tulsa OK.....
Quote:
Mach50
Little broseph just contacted me and said he is now finding his groove in OK, meeting good friends. However, he did get stalked by that girl with 3 kids lol, but that could happen anywhere.
I think that he's really got his groove thing working in Oklahoma

Old 06-28-2014, 07:48 PM

7,776 posts, read 12,443,357 times
Quote:
I agree with that , but I would have to kick myself in the Derriere if I didn't say this ( having a lot of kids
in 2014 shows less than Good Judgement skills for a comtemporary moderm woman ) when Birth Control
is 99% effective in stopping unwanted Pregnancies ...... Women can carry The Female Condon around in
theirs Purses , and the Male Condon Also if she wanted to be extra cautious about what comes naturally
with intimate relationships. And I hope that no one get defensive but what about ( The Diss Ease Factor )
of Love Making Without The Glove...????
Howest, here you are again misspelling words..... it's condom with an m. I've heard of someone with a Condon surname, but, otherwise, there's no such word. When my brother was little he thought the word mail was nail. The whole family began calling it the nail, perpetuating his belief. When he grew up he was P-Oed, but it changed nothing. I just threw that into the conversation.

Old 06-28-2014, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubi3 View Post
Howest, here you are again misspelling words..... it's condom with an m. I've heard of someone with a Condon surname, but, otherwise, there's no such word. When my brother was little he thought the word mail was nail. The whole family began calling it the nail, perpetuating his belief. When he grew up he was P-Oed, but it changed nothing. I just threw that into the conversation.
I just let my fingers fly off the keys I know that the correct way to spell Condon is with a (M) enstead of a (N) what I just typed was my wit and sarcasm going straight down the toilet. Have a great evening Rubi3.....

Old 06-28-2014, 09:06 PM

Quote:
I just let my fingers fly off the keys I know that the correct way to spell Condon is with a (M) enstead of a (N) what I just typed was my wit and sarcasm going straight down the toilet. Have a great evening Rubi3.....

Old 06-28-2014, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Oh me, oh my... my abject apologies, Howest. I am so dense not to recognize the wit. It was totally and completely over my head. Never again will I say one teensy tiny word about a misspelling. I should have known you knew how to spell it. In the future, even if you misspell 17 or 18 words in a sentence (wittily) I will know you are doing it on purpose. I am so very sorry and no, I will not have a good evening. I don't deserve having a good evening.

Old 06-28-2014, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Oh me, oh my... my abject apologies, Howest. I am so dense not to recognize the wit. It was totally and completely over my head. Never again will I say one teensy tiny word about a misspelling. I should have known you knew how to spell it. In the future, even if you misspell 17 or 18 words in a sentence (wittily) I will know you are doing it on purpose. I am so very sorry and no, I will not have a good evening. I don't deserve having a good evening.
No please don't stop correcting me I would be a man most undone , but I really did know how to spell Condom it's the word Prophylactic that always gave me fits " I used to spell it Polyhylactic " lol......I have either a learning disability or a Brain Fa@t rhythms with art....

Old 06-29-2014, 07:52 AM

Never. It's over. I've learned the lesson. My spelling acumen can molder in my brain and I will say nothing. Stampeding zebras would be unable to drag out a correction. You are safe from any haranguing from me even if your errors are vile and an abomination to the forum.

Old 06-29-2014, 08:34 AM

620 posts, read 1,752,199 times
This thread needs to get back on track.

Old 06-29-2014, 03:45 PM

Default Clearing my throat huuuuummmmmmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
My brother accepted a job at ConocoPhillips in Bartlesville. He's in his early 30s, single, and coming from Los Angeles .

Is there anywhere between Tulsa and Bartlesville for a young professional dude to live that would put him close to bars and club action?

He realizes it will be a shock...but he likes challenges.
Live downtown tulsa ( between north tulsa/west tulsa oklahoma
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Tulsa