Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Tulsa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2007, 07:19 AM

3,160 posts, read 10,619,497 times

Advertisements

There are still places to go camping. We gripe a lot about the subdivisions and growth in the metro areas, but there is still plenty of wild land, beautiful state parks, the lakes, etc., in the rest of Oklahoma.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2008, 01:22 PM

7 posts, read 23,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
I'm absolutely shocked that anyone from warm and sunny Florida would want to move to Oklahoma after what came after the drought--the flash floods and recently the ice storm. And Winter hasn't even begun on the calendar!
I've come back to Tulsa in Mid-November, and just before the ice-storms: I came back because, hey, it's home, I was homesick, I accomplished what I set out to do, and it's time for chapter 2 in the book that is my life.

Old 01-29-2008, 02:03 PM

11,887 posts, read 36,917,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.jaynes View Post
I've come back to Tulsa in Mid-November, and just before the ice-storms: I came back because, hey, it's home, I was homesick, I accomplished what I set out to do, and it's time for chapter 2 in the book that is my life.
Welcome to the forums mr. jaynes. Stick around!

Old 01-29-2008, 09:52 PM

7 posts, read 23,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
Welcome to the forums mr. jaynes. Stick around!
Glad to be back in T-Town, and thanks for having me! I' plan to stick around for a looooonnnnng time....

Old 01-30-2008, 10:19 AM

19 posts, read 106,692 times
We moved to Tulsa from St Petersburg, FL back in late 2004. We really enjoy it here but we do miss a few things about living in St Pete. eg beaches, weather, professional sports teams, proximity to Disney attractions, good inexpensive seafood.

With the amount we are saving on our home here in Tulsa, we can afford to take a couple of visits there per year!

Old 01-30-2008, 12:29 PM

98 posts, read 273,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by midtowntulsa View Post
We moved to Tulsa from St Petersburg, FL back in late 2004. We really enjoy it here but we do miss a few things about living in St Pete. eg beaches, weather, professional sports teams, proximity to Disney attractions, good inexpensive seafood.

With the amount we are saving on our home here in Tulsa, we can afford to take a couple of visits there per year!
I really envy you. I might miss the weather, but not the beach. When you get a 2nd degree sunburn that puts you on your stomach for two weeks you learn to stay away from the beach. But I will probably miss the inlet and scuba diving. But definitely there still is the ability to take a trip to go to Disney, LOVE that place. ENJOY glad you got to go home!

Old 01-30-2008, 12:48 PM

11,887 posts, read 36,917,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdblauvelt View Post
I really envy you. I might miss the weather, but not the beach. When you get a 2nd degree sunburn that puts you on your stomach for two weeks you learn to stay away from the beach. But I will probably miss the inlet and scuba diving. But definitely there still is the ability to take a trip to go to Disney, LOVE that place. ENJOY glad you got to go home!
Lake Tenkiller has some excellent scuba-diving. From the following website:

Scuba Diving -- Lake Tenkiller (http://www.laketenkiller.com/scuba.asp - broken link)

"Divers from Oklahoma, Texas, Kansas, and all surrounding states have long labeled the crystal clear waters of Tenkiller as their destination of choice. The mildly sloping hills and rock cliffs are not confined to the land, as they delve into the depths of the lake, they provide an intriguing underwater terrain down to 165 feet deep, making Tenkiller one of the deepest lakes in the area."

http://www.rondayphotography.com/Pine-Cove-Bluff-RDP.jpg (broken link)

http://www.rondayphotography.com/The-Island-RDP.jpg (broken link)

http://www.rondayphotography.com/Carlisle-Cove-RDP.jpg (broken link)

lake tenkiller, ok - Google Maps

Old 01-30-2008, 07:50 PM

98 posts, read 273,111 times
Nice pictures of Tenkiller, when I was young we used to go there. I can see my dive flag floating in that lake, if I close my eyes. Thanks for the pics, Synopsis!

Old 12-28-2008, 03:55 PM

100 posts, read 267,243 times
i live in st augustine fla have for about three years. you right about rude people and jammie you are right on about the wages and stuff we want to move as soon as possible and of course oklahoma is where we are headed soon as possible.oklahoma gets inside you and you can not shake it,ice storms ,tornados and very hot summers i love it all
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Tulsa