Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Tulsa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-29-2007, 04:54 PM

2 posts, read 15,461 times

Advertisements

My son (17 years old) is moving to Tulsa in May '08 to attend TWS and I would like some much needed input on apartments for rent in safe neighborhoods. I would like to rent close to the school if possible, but it has to be affordable. Any help would be appreciated. We are going out in February to the welding competition and we will begin looking for an apartment then. We live 8 hrs. from Tulsa, so I am sure we will be making several trips out there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2007, 05:49 PM

11,887 posts, read 36,913,507 times
Your best bet would be 1) to ask members of this forum, and 2) to google "tulsa apartment finder" and check out the neighborhoods for the apartments that are most affordable. Most all of Tulsa is a very safe place, but like any other medium to large city it has its problems. Where is the school located? I hope some Tulsa natives can chime in and give you more advice. Good luck to your son!

Old 12-29-2007, 08:52 PM

7,525 posts, read 16,978,684 times
Tulsa Welding School is in a older but not too bad part of town. There are several apartment complexes in the area that provide decent apartment life, although it would be best to keep the vehicles free of anything of value while in the parking lot. Will he have to work while there? there is a pretty good apartment complex north of the directv call center on Sheridan, north of 21st street that has nice apartments for not a lot (under $500). My son lived there when he worked for DTV, and he liked it.

BTW, I've known some of the welding schools graduates, and they are an excellent school. A young man (or woman) could do a lot worse than graduate from there. There is a tremendous demand for good welders these days, and TWS is one of the best around.

Old 12-29-2007, 09:20 PM

3,160 posts, read 10,618,555 times
There was another thread on this same subject. I think you would find it interesting, Shana

//www.city-data.com/forum/tulsa...apartment.html

You can do a search this forum for welding school, and you will find that thread. Linda finally found an apartment for her son, who is starting this winter semester.

Last edited by peggydavis; 01-20-2008 at 02:07 PM..

Old 12-30-2007, 01:14 PM

2 posts, read 15,461 times
TWS is located @ 2545 E. 11th Street. My son will have to get a part-time job while living in Tulsa.

Old 01-17-2008, 09:23 AM

48 posts, read 117,957 times
Yes, we have had our share of Tulsa stories already. Like I said in the other thread, my son got a bumpy start by having his window broken out & radio stolen his very first night of apartment residence. Even my friends have agreed that he was not targeted since there were several others that had the same thing happen to their vehicles.

He is in orientation at the welding school today and his first day of school is Jan 21st. I hope he loves the school and it is encouraging to hear people say that it is a very good school.

He is already very homesick, but hopefully, that will pass after he starts the school, gets a part time job, and has a busier life.

We, naturally, just want our son to get settled into his routine so that we may do the same !!

Old 02-03-2010, 09:32 AM

1 posts, read 6,246 times
Hi Linda!! My brother is attending the Tulsa Welding School and started January 11th. We are now looking for an apartment. Any suggestions?

Old 02-04-2010, 05:23 PM

48 posts, read 117,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajohn1764 View Post
Hi Linda!! My brother is attending the Tulsa Welding School and started January 11th. We are now looking for an apartment. Any suggestions?
I certainly wish I could help you with that question but we obviously didn't get the best area of town when we found the apartment for our son. In his own words "things change after dark".

I do hope someone else on here can help find an area that isn't too scary since it's been so long ago that we've had to deal with Tulsa housing - thank goodness !!!!

Old 02-05-2010, 05:53 PM

4 posts, read 9,465 times
Tulsa police recently laid off 150 police officers. The safety of your son depends solely on LUCK (or God if you're religious) his attitude and his hangouts. People on the South side in gated communities get robbed and some people live on the North or West side for forty years and never see a crime. Tulsa is the most diverse racial community in the state of Oklahoma. It is one of the top "gay and lesbian" capitals of the country. You will find ALL walks of life in Tulsa. I love Tulsa but like anywhere else there are mad men and scum of the earth. I try to keep good company myself or at least people who won't rob or kill me. But in the end who knows what safe is.

Old 10-07-2011, 07:08 PM

1 posts, read 4,807 times
i start school in tulsa dec 5. I am really lookin forward to it but scared. Hoping for the best. Though. Anyone going around that time i can get to know so i wont be soooo alone. This is a big move for me and my family doesnt care nor bother helping. They live in texas lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Tulsa
View detailed profiles of: