Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Tulsa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-03-2014, 07:10 PM

10,400 posts, read 15,583,593 times

Advertisements

I will be a poll worker tomorrow Nov 4th 2014 in The Northern San Francisco Bay Area for the mid term elections anybody else in the Tulsa OK Metro doing likewise?

www.solanocounty.com/pollworker
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2014, 08:55 PM

7,776 posts, read 12,443,357 times
What I'll be doing tomorrow is going to the polls to vote, but first thing in the morning is my annual physical. I'll be glad to get it over with. Then I need to find a high intensity bulb for a lamp. So far, I've been to 3 stores that don't have one.

The hours for a poll worker are way too long. Do you get to sit down part of the time? Or take a nap?

Old 11-03-2014, 08:56 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,243,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubi3 View Post
What I'll be doing tomorrow is going to the polls to vote, but first thing in the morning is my annual physical. I'll be glad to get it over with. Then I need to find a high intensity bulb for a lamp. So far, I've been to 3 stores that don't have one.
Look on amazon and see if they sell it there, it could save you some leg work and aggravation.
I hope the physical goes well for you.

Old 11-03-2014, 09:44 PM

Default +1 Rep For That Physical Examnation Rubi3

Quote:

The hours for a poll worker are way too long. Do you get to sit down part of the time? Or take a nap?

I'm all with you on the voting part and annual physical , but just let the small stuff fall by the ay side
there plenty of time to get that bulb latter this week ( right) ?

Poll workers are like Military Personnel over worked and underpaid they don't call it a volunteer job for
nothing lollllll

This time around I got assigned close to home and may have someone pick me up and Nap in the car
during my Lunch Break , otherwise I'll probably take a walk and eat a sandwich loll.....

Old 11-06-2014, 06:19 PM

Default J.F. Kennedy Once Said Ask Not What Your Country Can Do For You But What You Can Do For Your Country

Solano County - Poll Worker Online Application

Being a poll worker is certainly in that vein of activity doing more for America than you are getting back.

I worked 16 hours on election day November 4, 2014 and 2 1/2 hours on my training day a week before that , and will receive a grant total of $145.00 for my efforts 6:00AM until 10:00 PM Nov 4,2014 9:00AM to 11:30 AM Oct 28, 2014.

(A) $20.00 training
(B) $100.00 election day Provisionary Clerk
(C) $15.00 performance bonus
(D) $10.00 Equiptment Turn-In Clerk = equal a grand total of $145.00
(E) and the worst part of the experience is that I had to break the Electronic Roster Clerk
and Ballot Clerk for Lunch " and you have to be Bi-Lingal out here in California " I'm not
and have problem spelling these names out here part of the Electronic Roster Clerk Job
Duties....LOL

This is my second time being a poll worker the first was in June 2014 this year....LOL

I have been a Census Worker in 1990 and 2000 and it's pretty much the same with the addition of
danger , they always sent me to the scariest parts of the local Ghetto that no ones want to go to..LOL

USCD Oklahoma Census 1990....
USCD California Census 2000....

Old 11-07-2014, 06:24 AM

Howest, it's that Lone Ranger quality you have that caused you to be sent into those areas and it was obviously the right thing for them to do since you survived the challenge. Congratulations!

As to the bulb, I checked Amazon, but didn't find it. Yesterday, the only other place I thought may have it was Homeland. It was in their new Ace Hardware section! $4.95. I didn't remember it being so expensive, but it was good to finally have it.

Old 11-07-2014, 09:47 AM

Default Here's A Funny Story

Quote:
Howest, it's that Lone Ranger quality you have that caused you to be sent into those areas and it was obviously the right thing for them to do since you survived the challenge. Congratulations!

As to the bulb, I checked Amazon, but didn't find it. Yesterday, the only other place I thought may have it was Homeland. It was in their new Ace Hardware section! $4.95. I didn't remember it being so expensive, but it was good to finally have it.
I was doing my duty in the Ghetto and noticed that a " Big Head Pit Bull Dog " you may or my not know
what I'm talking about , they are the ones with the " most muscles in theirs Jaw For Biting Force" was heading toward me about two blocks away.

I knew that you aren't supposed to show fear around these types of animals so I kept on walking casually toward him , and casually crossed the street " and he casually crossed the street like I did.

I casually crossed the street again showing no concerns whatsoever and he casually crossed the street as I did. One last time I crossed the street trying to shake and evade him , and he did like wise.

Finally it was evident that I was going to have to walk pass this Big Head Pit Bull Dog one of the most vicious dogs in the world ( when they are socialized Wrong ) and I was going to have to act like he didn't even exist acting totally casual and cool on the outside ( but let me tell you I wasn't cool on the inside ) I was surprised when he just trotted on pass me Casually As If I Didn't Exist.....lol

Good to hear about your bulb all is well that ends well....

Old 11-08-2014, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howest2008 View Post
I was doing my duty in the Ghetto and noticed that a " Big Head Pit Bull Dog " you may or my not know
what I'm talking about , they are the ones with the " most muscles in theirs Jaw For Biting Force" was heading toward me about two blocks away.

I knew that you aren't supposed to show fear around these types of animals so I kept on walking casually toward him , and casually crossed the street " and he casually crossed the street like I did.

I casually crossed the street again showing no concerns whatsoever and he casually crossed the street as I did. One last time I crossed the street trying to shake and evade him , and he did like wise.

Finally it was evident that I was going to have to walk pass this Big Head Pit Bull Dog one of the most vicious dogs in the world ( when they are socialized Wrong ) and I was going to have to act like he didn't even exist acting totally casual and cool on the outside ( but let me tell you I wasn't cool on the inside ) I was surprised when he just trotted on pass me Casually As If I Didn't Exist.....lol

Good to hear about your bulb all is well that ends well....
Well, much better that your vicious pit bull with big head (yes, I know about them) turned out being a ***** cat. Apparently, he wasn't trained to be a killer dawg. If you ever watched Judge Joe Brown you know he publicized the bad bad dog image of pit bulls and I agree with him. Fortunately, all haven't been trained to be mean, but too many have.

P.S. Of course you know that dog could as easily have passed you, then turned and leaped up to lock his jaws around your throat and you would be a goner as in goodbye world... say byebye, Howest. Not that I would ever want to be a downer, but pit bulls being what they are you came out of it a winner.

Old 11-12-2014, 03:21 PM

Default Low Voter Turnout

I heard that this was the lowest voter turnout in the last 72 years , well the winners certainly don't have
a voters mandate of any sort......LOL

Old 11-18-2014, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by [B
Rubi3[/b];37199827]Well, much better that your vicious pit bull with big head (yes, I know about the......m) turned out being a ***** cat. Apparently, he wasn't trained to be a killer dawg. If you ever watched Judge Joe Brown you know he publicized the bad bad dog image of pit bulls and I agree with him. Fortunately, all haven't been trained to be mean, but too many have.

P.S. Of course you know that dog could as easily have passed you, then turned and leaped up to lock his jaws around your throat and you would be a goner as in goodbye world... say byebye, Howest. Not that I would ever want to be a downer, but pit bulls being what they are you came out of it a winner.

Good thing that he didn't bite me because in my desperation I most likely would've bit him back , and
used all of the dog fighting myths like going for the eyes and squeezing it's paw.

It wouldn't cost me anything seeing that I could die anyways , go ahead and shot the moon maybe the PAW SQUEEZE JUST MIGHT WORK OR A DOG being blinded may rethink his attack..........LOL Rolling On The Floor
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Tulsa