Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Tulsa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-05-2015, 05:20 PM

4 posts, read 7,887 times

Advertisements

My family & I are moving from AR to Owasso/Collinsville/Claremore area and I would love input regarding:
1) Family Doctor (and why)
2) Veterinarian (dog & cat - and why)
3) Bible believing Church
4) Dentist
5) Eye Doctor
6) An Honest Mechanic
7) Holistic Care

Please, no ads. I'm looking for personal referrals only and a few reasons why you are referring them. Please msg me if you are not comfortable about threading this information. Thank you so much for your help in this. Tracy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2015, 05:51 PM

9 posts, read 16,505 times
Tracy,
Welcome to OK!!!
The only ones that I can refer are
Veterinarian-Woodland Animal Clinic They have offices in Tulsa, Broken Arrow, Owasso....I have used them in different locations and taken my dogs and cat there. They are very personable.
Mechanic-W&J Automotive Services it is in Tulsa but they are very reasonable for body work and repairs. I have used them 5 times for collision repair and maintenance.
Good Luck I hope you get more referrals!!

Old 01-07-2015, 09:03 PM

2,557 posts, read 5,861,291 times
Woodland Animal hospitals are part of VCA and are the most expensive vets in town. I used to use them, but now go to Tulsa General Veterinary Hospital. I have also used Ranch Acres Veterinary Hospital. It is small. only 2 vets. I have also used Affordable Pet Care. The practice was sold after the vet retired, then died. I have heard they are good. I have had a lot of cats through the years and I have dogs now as well.

Family doctors would probably depend on your insurance. There are several hospitals and many doctors to choose from.

I have recently started going to Dr. Hugh Do for my teeth. He goes to my church and his kids go to the school where I work. Very nice people and very nice office.

Tulsa Eye Clinic. Several ophthalmologists and opticians available as well as an optical store...all in one stop.

Honest mechanic ....Modern Imports Automotive.

Churches everywhere. You will just have to visit some to see what you like.

Can't help on Holistic care.

Old 01-11-2015, 11:58 PM

4 posts, read 7,887 times
Thank you so much for your information, this has helped me to narrow things down. Excited to make the move however I'm leaving a great network of friends & services here in NWA.
Collinsville Middle School? Opinions?

Old 01-28-2015, 02:09 PM

1 posts, read 1,292 times
I don't have input on Collinsville Middle School, as my kiddo is too young. I grew up in Claremore, and have been in Owasso/Collinsville for four years, and Tulsa for a few years before that, so I know a little bit about them all (except Claremore, and I know a LOT!).

Vet: I use Shipman Veterinary in Claremore. It's a pretty good drive from Collinsville, as it on the far east side of town, but they are great. I used SAHO in Owasso a couple of times, and honestly felt I was getting ripped off. I've heard wonderful things about Eastside Veterinary; it's in Collinsville, right at the junction of the main street and Highway 169. Very convenient.

Church: there are LOTS to choose from. I've been recently going to LifeChurch in Owasso, and they are supposed to have an awesome kids program.

Dentist: Mine is in Broken Arrow, and that's pretty far, too, so I'm not much help there.

Honest mechanic: Melton Sales in Claremore. They are a Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep dealership but they service all makes and models. Don't be scared that they're a dealership; they're a family business that's been there since 1946 and they pride themselves on not being like the others. No salesmen, that kind of thing. Highly, highly recommend. I've purchased two vehicles from them and wouldn't go anywhere else. They've done the brakes on both mine and my husband's cars within the past six months. I also went to them recently for an oil change (because my usual cheap place burned down) and was hesitant because it's a dealership, but they were actually cheaper. $29.99 for an oil change. Nice.

If you settle in Collinsville/Owasso, be sure to check out Owassoisms on Facebook and you'll learn all about what's going on, and you can ask questions like this, too. Check out moreClaremore.com on Facebook (or the web) for Claremore info.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Tulsa