U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Tulsa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2008, 02:16 PM

68 posts, read 217,998 times

Advertisements

Could ya'll tell me what part of Tulsa is Union school distric. Also is that part nice and is it close to Dr's, shopping ETC.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2008, 02:21 PM

11,885 posts, read 35,234,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by okie in tx View Post
Could ya'll tell me what part of Tulsa is Union school distric. Also is that part nice and is it close to Dr's, shopping ETC.
I lived about three miles from there at one time and it is a good area; low crime, nice homes, etc.

Here is their website; they appear to be an excellent district with a rating of 9 out of 10.

http://www.unionps.org/

They are at the following location in Broken Arrow and are 2 miles from Woodland Hills Mall and there are several hospitals (one major one in Saint Francis) within 2 miles of there as well. I think it's a very good location.

shopping loc: 7616 S. Garnett Rd., Broken Arrow, OK 74012 - Google Maps

Hospital loc: 7616 S. Garnett Rd., Broken Arrow, OK 74012 - Google Maps

There are also several stores for grocery shopping in the area.
Grocery loc: 7616 S. Garnett Rd., Broken Arrow, OK 74012 - Google Maps

There are also several movie theaters and performing arts centers nearby.

theater loc: 7616 S. Garnett Rd., Broken Arrow, OK 74012 - Google Maps

Last edited by Synopsis; 01-14-2008 at 02:31 PM..

Old 01-14-2008, 02:34 PM

And churches. Rest assured your never far from a church in Broken Arrow.

Church loc: 7616 S. Garnett Rd., Broken Arrow, OK 74012 - Google Maps

Old 01-14-2008, 03:02 PM

tHANKS FOR YA'LLS REPLYS iN ABOUT A MONTH OR SO WE'LL GO UP THERE AND LOOK AROUND. I can't wait to move back home to Oklahoma, I've really not been happy here in Frisco, texas at all, the only thing I will miss is my church.

Old 01-14-2008, 03:10 PM

I live in DFW as well okie in tx. The mid-cities area. Frisco's a pretty neat place, and growing fast. Small world!

Old 01-14-2008, 03:37 PM

Well, synopsis what a small world yea Frisco;s nice, but with an average income of 105000,Frisco not ours, its just really diffrent down here than OK.

Old 01-14-2008, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by okie in tx View Post
Well, synopsis what a small world yea Frisco;s nice, but with an average income of 105000,Frisco not ours, its just really diffrent down here than OK.
That's for sure! I hope you find what you are looking for in Oklahoma.

Old 01-15-2008, 08:20 PM

50 posts, read 161,275 times
Union schools are very good. But the areas in the district include the 71st St. corridor that can be a huge hassle to navigate at all times, especially on Friday and Saturday nights as well as throughout the holidays. 71st from Garnett to about Yale is the main retail and restaurant area in this part of town. But the schools will be better than Tulsa Public Schools. Broken Arrow schools are also good.

Old 01-15-2008, 08:21 PM

340 posts, read 1,219,986 times
Union Schools is the South & East endges of Tulsa as well as the north and west edges of Broken Arrow. It's a very heavy retail area and the school has some serious $$$. I believe they were the first HS in the state with a large concrete stadium with astroturf. The band regularly wins national competitions and the Union vs Jenks football game was televised on a national cable channel as well as made into a (limited release) movie. I believe Union won the state championship in football this year. As far as other things, they have a very large performing arts center which I believe is the second largest in the city, they have a very large basketball/multipurpose center as well as a track & field stadium separate from the football one.

Old 01-16-2008, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgrizzle View Post
Union Schools is the South & East endges of Tulsa as well as the north and west edges of Broken Arrow. It's a very heavy retail area and the school has some serious $$$. I believe they were the first HS in the state with a large concrete stadium with astroturf. The band regularly wins national competitions and the Union vs Jenks football game was televised on a national cable channel as well as made into a (limited release) movie. I believe Union won the state championship in football this year. As far as other things, they have a very large performing arts center which I believe is the second largest in the city, they have a very large basketball/multipurpose center as well as a track & field stadium separate from the football one.
Wow, they sound like a super-school; almost like a college. Thanks for the info sgrizzle.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Tulsa