Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Tulsa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2016, 12:04 AM

108 posts, read 120,544 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnieR View Post
Hi, sunnyspring. We are heading to Owasso. House hunting trip set for May with relocation to happen in June after school is out here. Have you decided where you are going to settle? I think that any place you settle in OK or NWA is going to be cheaper and have a ton less traffic than OR. It's beautiful here and I will certainly miss the lush green. ��
Hi ConnieR, Exciting! I haven't yet decided but am closer to zeroing in on OKC metro. I hope your house hunting trip goes great and the move is easy peasy. I love the green too, but I also really miss more sunshine/warmth and I am pretty fed up with the COL here. I really don't mind the rain, it's the months of clouds that get to me. I look forward to reduced stress due to a lower COL overall as well. Keep us posted OK? I plan to post once I've decided and am on the move, hopefully before July. Cheers!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2016, 10:56 PM

14 posts, read 14,412 times
Um, sorry to be a negative nancy here, but, I also don't want you getting false hope either.

Take a close look at what is happening to our schools financial budget state wide.

Just FYI. Please know things are gonna get worse before they get better.

Hopefully you have enough money to send your kids to a private school.
Just sayin'.

We are moving away from OK in the next 4-5 months due to the school situation.

I have lived here my entire life and feel there is no future here for my young family.

To each his own I guess. But please check out the news.

Old 04-20-2016, 03:16 PM

2,572 posts, read 4,252,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMata2010 View Post
Um, sorry to be a negative nancy here, but, I also don't want you getting false hope either.

Take a close look at what is happening to our schools financial budget state wide.

Just FYI. Please know things are gonna get worse before they get better.

Hopefully you have enough money to send your kids to a private school.
Just sayin'.

We are moving away from OK in the next 4-5 months due to the school situation.

I have lived here my entire life and feel there is no future here for my young family.

To each his own I guess. But please check out the news.
I wouldn't call you Negative Nancy. I know two families personally who have transferred out of Oklahoma solely because of what is going on with our schools in Oklahoma. One family I'm very close to and it really breaks my heart to see them go. The husband works for Blue Cross and Blue Shield and got his transfer, and they are moving to Plano.

I've lost count how many schools are moving to a 4 day school week, and Tulsa Public Schools is saying they will probably be forced to do the same, but not official yet.

I thought I heard the schools that are going to the four day schedule, will have 20 minutes per day added to the four day schedule. So it seems to me, they will be losing four hours and 40 minutes of class time each week.

Old 04-22-2016, 06:34 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,636,949 times
To legislators at the state capitol, it's more important to keep oil companies and wealthy businessmen happy than families of modest means with school children. Maybe some legislators send their children to private schools to help further explain why they vote the way they do.

I have no children. I am just a homebody at heart, while reaching for some popcorn to watch just how crazy the show gets as a sorry, inept legislature struggles to run this less than medicare state. If the show means most of the Republican legislators will still be there after Nov. elections, then more people, who aren't homebodies, might as well give up and move out of state, unless they're wealthy.

Old 05-17-2016, 11:40 AM

10,400 posts, read 15,583,593 times
Default Heaven or Hades

Heaven or Hades

Well that's what you get with a Oklahoma domicile

Upper Middle Class/Millionaire/Billionaires it's Heaven

Middle Class and Lower Class it's HADES.....LOL falling out of my chair...

Never Been To Spain , but I Have Been To OKLAHOMA .... they tell me I was Borne There I really don't remember!!!

THREE DOG NIGHT ....never been to SPAIN but I been to OKLAHOMA....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nc8OI19q78c

HANSON a group from TULSA OKLAHOMA.......
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oguD0KOrPPk

Last edited by Howest2008; 05-17-2016 at 11:57 AM..

Old 06-01-2016, 11:40 PM

2,077 posts, read 2,017,890 times
HOw Ironic . I am from the Texas/ Oklahoma area and have lived in Seattle for years now and if my husband doesnt drag us back to the Netherlands-- Oklahoma is his second choice to go back to based on my stories of it . We are not right wing flag waving church goers either if you catch my drift ... I'm sorta dreading this but slowly he has joined me in my lifelong horse racing industry . Showing also . To board our broodmares up here is outrageous when I can BUY a field for less..
We have a VERY alt gothic 9th grade daughter that would TRIP of she went back to the south ..
I'd sure miss my Seahawks , but the expense is overwhelming.

Last edited by DutchessCottonPuff; 06-01-2016 at 11:53 PM..

Old 06-11-2016, 06:02 AM

5,546 posts, read 9,506,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchessCottonPuff View Post
HOw Ironic . I am from the Texas/ Oklahoma area and have lived in Seattle for years now and if my husband doesnt drag us back to the Netherlands-- Oklahoma is his second choice to go back to based on my stories of it . We are not right wing flag waving church goers either if you catch my drift ... I'm sorta dreading this but slowly he has joined me in my lifelong horse racing industry . Showing also . To board our broodmares up here is outrageous when I can BUY a field for less..
We have a VERY alt gothic 9th grade daughter that would TRIP of she went back to the south ..
I'd sure miss my Seahawks , but the expense is overwhelming.

I've got 'em on the house and the cars! *sarcasm*

As for your daughter, T-Town is a big place. It may take some time initially, but she can find some people her age to connect with. Welcome back to the South-Central!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Tulsa