Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Tulsa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2017, 12:49 PM

574 posts, read 377,988 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by okie1962 View Post
If you're liberal or even middle of the road I wouldn't move here, you and your family will be absolutely miserable. You will find way too many Rush Limbaugh and Shawn Hanity want to be's. People will think you're a big ole backwards thinking bible thumpers like them. Every business has their TVs tuned to Fox News, you can just see the stupidity in everyone's eyes.
I may not reside in Oklahoma, but since I'm a CONSERVATIVE AND I WATCH FOX NEWS... that makes me STUPID???? What if I mad foolish assumptions about you and your possible viewing habits in regards to watching CNN and that your stupid for it? Making assumptions are we?

SSeligman
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2017, 03:32 PM

17,619 posts, read 13,433,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swake View Post
Did anyone tell Starship or Oz or any of the other headships in town about this?
I guess not.

Oklahoma Marijuana Laws for Possession, Growing, Selling | Criminal Law

Drug Paraphernalia
It is illegal in Oklahoma to manufacture or sell drug paraphernalia (or possess paraphernalia with the intent to do so).
Paraphernalia includes items used in growing, harvesting, processing, selling, storing, or using marijuana. A conviction may be punished with up to a year in jail, and a fine of up to $1,000 for a first offense; up to $5,000 for a second offense; and up to $10,000 for a third or subsequent offense. (63 Ok. Stat. Ann. § 2-101.1.)*

36. "Drug paraphernalia" means all equipment, products and materials
of any kind which are used or intended for use in planting,
propagating, cultivating, growing, harvesting, manufacturing,
compounding, converting, producing, processing, preparing, testing,
analyzing, packaging, repackaging, storing, containing, concealing,
injecting, ingesting, inhaling or otherwise introducing into the human
body, a controlled dangerous substance in violation of the Uniform
Controlled Dangerous Substances Act
including, but not limited to:

Mashburn (Cleveland County DA) believes state law clearly defines items police seized in two raids on The Friendly Market in 2015 as drug paraphernalia. The items included glass water pipes or bongs, commonly used to smoke marijuana. The defendants have maintained the items can be used to smoke tobacco and a variety of legal herbs.

I wouldn't lie to you.

Last edited by eddie gein; 05-29-2017 at 03:41 PM..

Old 05-29-2017, 03:44 PM

1,835 posts, read 2,197,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
I guess not.

Oklahoma Marijuana Laws for Possession, Growing, Selling | Criminal Law

Drug Paraphernalia
It is illegal in Oklahoma to manufacture or sell drug paraphernalia (or possess paraphernalia with the intent to do so).
Paraphernalia includes items used in growing, harvesting, processing, selling, storing, or using marijuana. A conviction may be punished with up to a year in jail, and a fine of up to $1,000 for a first offense; up to $5,000 for a second offense; and up to $10,000 for a third or subsequent offense. (63 Ok. Stat. Ann. § 2-101.1.)*

36. "Drug paraphernalia" means all equipment, products and materials
of any kind which are used or intended for use in planting,
propagating, cultivating, growing, harvesting, manufacturing,
compounding, converting, producing, processing, preparing, testing,
analyzing, packaging, repackaging, storing, containing, concealing,
injecting, ingesting, inhaling or otherwise introducing into the human
body, a controlled dangerous substance in violation of the Uniform
Controlled Dangerous Substances Act
including, but not limited to:

Mashburn (Cleveland County DA) believes state law clearly defines items police seized in two raids on The Friendly Market in 2015 as drug paraphernalia. The items included glass water pipes or bongs, commonly used to smoke marijuana. The defendants have maintained the items can be used to smoke tobacco and a variety of legal herbs.

I wouldn't lie to you.
The stores in Tulsa have always just hung signs around the stores that the stuff they sell is for tobacco use only and no one bothers them. They've been around for decades.

Old 05-29-2017, 04:00 PM

3,198 posts, read 12,670,187 times
To those in this thread that are talking about how abhorrently conservative Tulsa is to live in, perhaps this would be a better town to move to:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKOb-kmOgpI

Old 05-29-2017, 04:16 PM

5,852 posts, read 2,787,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSeligman View Post
Why sweat it? Do you want to only live among people that you agree with er something? Serious question !

SSeligman
What happened to progressive Diversity

Old 05-29-2017, 08:29 PM

17,619 posts, read 13,433,465 times
Quote:
The stores in Tulsa have always just hung signs around the stores that the stuff they sell is for tobacco use only and no one bothers them. They've been around for decades.
I guess it depends on whether the local DA wants to bother with it. IIRC they passed those laws during Keating's time as gov.

Old 05-30-2017, 12:43 AM

2,572 posts, read 4,228,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSeligman View Post
I may not reside in Oklahoma, but since I'm a CONSERVATIVE AND I WATCH FOX NEWS... that makes me STUPID???? What if I mad foolish assumptions about you and your possible viewing habits in regards to watching CNN and that your stupid for it? Making assumptions are we?

SSeligman
I don't have cable, so assume all you want.

Old 05-30-2017, 12:52 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,477,869 times
Quote:
When were they not allowed? Stillwater is a college town, doesn't it have at least one?
Yeah, at least one, Mike's. If he was in Norman, the police would run him out of business. Here is what Mike says about his two Oklahoma novelty shops, "Uncle Mike's has been selling and building pipes for thirty years as of 2016. Our first dollar earned is displayed on the wall of the Stillwater location. The first sale was made out of a show trailer on the side of the road located south of Stillwater. An hour later, the cops asked us to pack up and leave, and we have been fighting them ever since for our right to operate in this state. In the early days, we were asked to pack up from every local event that we attended including Stillwater, Ponca City, and most towns in the state. Thirty years later, we are still here with two locations in Stillwater and Ponca City."

Interestingly enough, while I was gathering signatures to legalize medical marijuana last summer, my enthused assistant with sign in hand walked into Mike's and asked if we could stand on his corner to get signatures. The clerk said we couldn't and marched him out of the store. So we went across the street to the other corner and got some signatures there. We got like 40 signatures in two hours from corners in downtown Stillwater. Nobody complained or told us to leave.

Last edited by StillwaterTownie; 05-30-2017 at 01:09 AM..

Old 11-20-2022, 09:04 AM

1 posts, read 890 times
I've lived in both places for years. I love the ocean and even if I don't see it everyday, the comfort of knowing I can go there anytime I want brings me inner peace. Northern Ca, from Santa Cruz to Mendocino is breathtaking beauty with the ocean on one side and the pine tree forest on the other. -heaven
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Tulsa