Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Tulsa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2018, 10:16 AM

7,887 posts, read 11,403,116 times

Advertisements

I like Tulsa but have shifted my move exploration to Tn primarily.

The reason is my state and local taxes in Ok would be $8k higher than where I am in Tx. Yes homes cost less in Ok, but Tn has lower property taxes than Ok and definately vs Tx. Tn has basically no income tax. There is a tax on dividends and interest receieved that is going to zero in a couple of years.

I looked at NW Arkansas and liked it alot but between property tax and state income tax it cost me about the same as Ok would. I know both have lower cost of living than Plano where I am but not enough lower to over come a big difference like this.

I have family in Tn area and spent a good amount of time vsiting family as a kid so I know the area. Between Central Tn and Eastern Tn the beauty matches NWA yet cost of living other than in Williamson County near Nashville is lower. While homes are not quiet as affordable as Tulsa per se. I have a concern about the direction of crime rate in Tulsa area. Relatives there over a long term have seen crime rates climb and move into areas once considered safer. NWA has no crime issues that I could find.

I may delay my move some as my mom is still iving in SE Oklahoma and a brother is in Norman as well as a sister who is now in Elk City or i should say is moving there right now with her husband whose job ended up there.

I like Oklahoma people and beauty but if I move one lasts time it will be Tn most likely for us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2018, 11:29 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,624,662 times
Taxes are high in Oklahoma, yet the revenue is poorly managed and spent as reflected by the bad roads, overcrowded prisons, education, and lack of health care for the needy for starters. For all that heavy taxation, I heard single poor people got their food stamps cut from $16 a month to $8. And then Oklahoma voters, assuming they vote at all, sadly lack the willpower to vote out incumbent legislators, so other people can see if they can run government better. I don't have much hope for much needed change from the result of the November elections.

Last edited by StillwaterTownie; 04-24-2018 at 11:39 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Tulsa