Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Tulsa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-20-2019, 04:04 AM

1 posts, read 507 times

Advertisements

Hey there readers,

I need some wisdom bestowed upon me please. My mom owns a lot of land and has a house on it. I’m looking to move onto the land with a Double Wide mobile home but I don’t really know where to begin. I would be moving my mobile home probably within less than 100 yards of her house. She has an electric pole and sewage and everything. Knowing that background, any help answering these questions would be so so appreciated.

- What’s the process from start to finish of putting the home on the land?
- do I have to have the land inspected/“perc’d”?
- would I be able to hook Into her electric/ sewage/ water lines?
- if I was able to hook into them, what would be an estimated cost? What about if I wasn’t able to?
- Do I need to have a foundation laid prior to having the mobile home delivered? (Having sent in from Texas)
- Do I need to have all the utilities ready before having the mobile home delivered?
- what things can I do myself to cut costs?
- Do I need any types of permits?
Also accepting any other advice on this!

I am grateful for anything!

Thanks!

P.s Town is Sapulpa, OK in case that helps
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2019, 05:58 AM

24,545 posts, read 10,869,900 times
Never done this but this is how I would start. Did I understand it correctly - you and your trailer are moving to OK?

Contact city building/code department
Is the lot zones for a second primary residence?
What requirements are there for a double wide installation?

Contact utilities
Second primary residence on lot with existing hook up. What inspections are required? Will you need your own meters? Is hook up required to be done by utilities or approved technician?
I seriously doubt it that you will get away with hooking into your mother's lines. But OK has surprised me before.

Please share what you find out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Tulsa
View detailed profiles of: