Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Tulsa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2009, 08:54 PM

13,495 posts, read 37,439,639 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forrest_Gump View Post
I've been to Tulsa two times and Oklahoma City three. Tulsa has that homey feel to me that Oklahoma City doesn't.
You know, I kind of understand what you're saying. I don't mean that in comparison to OKC cause like I said, we've never been there. I just know that we felt welcome in Tulsa and it does seem like a very liveable city. Well, as far as cities go. The population of my town is 15,000 so obviously Tulsa is a huge city to us.

I remember I had to laugh at a guy one day. He was up here and he had OK plates on his car and I asked him where he was from. He said from OKC and I asked if he ever gets to Tulsa. He said he did and I asked him if he liked it there. He said, "Yes, it's a nice little city." Kinda made me wonder what he thought my town was.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2009, 07:01 PM

687 posts, read 2,350,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TulsaArtist View Post
Stay in a big city for a while then come back to Tulsa and tell me how it feels.
Lived in Houston for three years, then moved back here...to my home.

Houston is definitely culture shock. I came back here and felt like I was in Mayberry...

Old 09-03-2009, 10:10 AM

113 posts, read 86,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigOkie View Post
Lived in Houston for three years, then moved back here...to my home.

Houston is definitely culture shock. I came back here and felt like I was in Mayberry...

Were you on the early release program from Houston?

Old 09-03-2009, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crypton View Post
Were you on the early release program from Houston?
Nope, just got divorced, my only friends were people I worked with and I saw them eight hours a day. Stayed there long enough to say I toughed it out, then in late 1993 visited Tulsa and saw my first nephew's first birthday party and knew I had to move home.

Had $2000 in the bank and cashed it out as a cashiers check, loaded up, lived with the parents for about a year before getting my own place (but had a job within 6 weeks, and only two days of trying).

Oh, you were being witty....gotcha.

Old 09-04-2009, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigOkie View Post
Nope, just got divorced, my only friends were people I worked with and I saw them eight hours a day. Stayed there long enough to say I toughed it out, then in late 1993 visited Tulsa and saw my first nephew's first birthday party and knew I had to move home.

Had $2000 in the bank and cashed it out as a cashiers check, loaded up, lived with the parents for about a year before getting my own place (but had a job within 6 weeks, and only two days of trying).

Oh, you were being witty....gotcha.

Would you ever move away from Tulsa or is that the perfect place for you?

Old 09-04-2009, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammie View Post
Would you ever move away from Tulsa or is that the perfect place for you?
I've had options to do so, but never could. St Louis was trying to lure me (a job with Boeing), but I found better work before I could make my final decision.

I did move away...once....in 1991 to Houston. I moved back as I've stated above. I told myself if I did move back, I'd never leave.

I never have, and never have regretted it.

For some people, home is where your head hits the pillow. For me, it's where the heart and family and friends are.

I still love traveling though...

Old 09-10-2009, 02:01 AM

40 posts, read 111,696 times
Well, your in Tulsa or OKC either way it doesnt matter cause if something happens in the other that you want to attend they are only a short drive so its no big deal. I know Ive driven to Tulsa several times for concerts and it's always just fun to go to Cain's.

Old 09-10-2009, 11:37 AM

I've been following this thread cause I also have thought about OKC even though we've never been there. Yesterday I showed DH pics of Myriad Gardens and Bricktown and Lake Hefner and thought for sure he'd be interested in spending most of our vacation time there and then just spending a day or two in Tulsa.

SO, this morning I asked him about it and he definitely would rather go to Tulsa. That's fine with me, but I'm still hoping I can talk him into spending a couple days in OKC. It doesn't matter though cause I know that'll happen sometime in the future.

It seems like we're getting close to the point where we do the "practice living there" thing. It's something that people who have never or rarely relocated have often suggested. We've pretty much got our area picked out and will probably just hang out there for several days.

Guess it all just comes down to personal choice.

Old 09-12-2009, 08:42 PM

79 posts, read 98,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbrownie View Post
My husband has been offered a position and we can choose to live in either Tulsa or Oklahoma City. We are moving from South Carolina. We have an 11 y.o (middle school) and I work in healthcare. We would love to live in a golf course community. Any suggestions.

Thx
Cbrownie
I live in Tulsa proper and it has the good-the bad-the ugly parts just like any other large city.
In the OKC area, Edmond is a community with some nice golf courses. OKC has Amtrak and Tulsa does not. OKC is at the major crossroads of I-35 AND I-40 and Tulsa only has I-44.
Generally speaking, Tulsa is a cleaner city overall and Broken Arrow-Jenks-Owasso are all nice adjacent communities.

Old 09-13-2009, 04:14 PM

Tulsa Metro Chamber

This article is two months old, but it's still quite interesting. It seems like the same info may apply for OKC, but Tulsa is the one listed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Tulsa