Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Tulsa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2008, 02:07 PM

100 posts, read 267,148 times

Advertisements

i have lived in oklahoma 27 years,my kids attended school here,my wife attended.nsu,i attended rogers,worked at the court house in tulsa for 5 years i am not bashing just stating a fact , some thing you failed to do
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2008, 02:29 PM

i lived in tulsa 27 years,my kids were born in hillcrest hospital,i am not bashing anything,just warning newcomers,we do not have a fair court stystem when it comes to garnishment,i worked at tulsa city hall for several years i have seem the courts in action

Old 12-28-2008, 04:37 PM

687 posts, read 2,349,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbarjae View Post
i have lived in oklahoma 27 years,my kids attended school here,my wife attended.nsu,i attended rogers,worked at the court house in tulsa for 5 years i am not bashing just stating a fact , some thing you failed to do
What fact was failed to be stated? Now my head hurts from reading your posts.

Old 12-28-2008, 04:39 PM

7,525 posts, read 16,975,128 times
Quote:
.....we do not have a fair court stystem when it comes to garnishment........
Actually it is fair. When a couple agree to purchase a vehicle or anything else, using the purchase as collateral, simply because they divorce is NOT a change in the terms of the original contract. Both are responsible. When that contract becomes collectible, selling that contract is one way to get some money as partial payment for what is owed. Needless to say, the purchaser of that contract is going after the easiest one to find. Had your daughter been a welfare mom or self-employed with no attachable assets, the purchaser would not have been able to get anything. That she was able to be found, that she had a job, was her misfortune.

What would have been best would have been that the judge order the disposition of all assets, payment of all bills, then division of the remainder of the proceeds. But your daughter entered into the contract and your daughters attorney failed to allow for payment of the vehicle. Is it fair? Not to your daughter, not to the lender. Only one who "made out" was the guy driving the truck, but that got repossessed didn't it? Just goes to show how much hurt can be involved in a divorce. Even if your daughter works at wal-mart, next time she should probably get a pre-nup.

Old 12-28-2008, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodpasture View Post
Actually it is fair. When a couple agree to purchase a vehicle or anything else, using the purchase as collateral, simply because they divorce is NOT a change in the terms of the original contract. Both are responsible. When that contract becomes collectible, selling that contract is one way to get some money as partial payment for what is owed. Needless to say, the purchaser of that contract is going after the easiest one to find. Had your daughter been a welfare mom or self-employed with no attachable assets, the purchaser would not have been able to get anything. That she was able to be found, that she had a job, was her misfortune.

What would have been best would have been that the judge order the disposition of all assets, payment of all bills, then division of the remainder of the proceeds. But your daughter entered into the contract and your daughters attorney failed to allow for payment of the vehicle. Is it fair? Not to your daughter, not to the lender. Only one who "made out" was the guy driving the truck, but that got repossessed didn't it? Just goes to show how much hurt can be involved in a divorce. Even if your daughter works at wal-mart, next time she should probably get a pre-nup.
All of which is why I'm never marrying again. One was enough.

Old 12-28-2008, 06:03 PM

sorry i made your head hurt,the fact you missed was that i did not bash tulsa,the truck was taken from my daughter and given to her husband,the judge made him responsable for the truck she was to pay off her car. the fiance company sold the debt to a collection firm in broken arrow owned by a lawyer group from fla, lawyers have found loop hole in oklahoma law that allows them to set up offices in okla and start garnishments right away the legislature is working on changing this. ,again sorry i made your head hurt, if you think you have been taken advantage of by garnishments contac your state rep,okla is one of the few states that allow garnisments by non goverment enitys

Old 12-28-2008, 08:16 PM

Quote:
sorry i made your head hurt,the fact you missed was that i did not bash tulsa,the truck was taken from my daughter and given to her husband,the judge made him responsable for the truck she was to pay off her car. the fiance company sold the debt to a collection firm in broken arrow owned by a lawyer group from fla, lawyers have found loop hole in oklahoma law that allows them to set up offices in okla and start garnishments right away the legislature is working on changing this. ,again sorry i made your head hurt, if you think you have been taken advantage of by garnishments contac your state rep,okla is one of the few states that allow garnisments by non goverment enitys
Re read your initial post in this thread and note where I've bolded it...

Quote:
remember oklahoma is a garnishment state a lawyer in oklahoma can buy a book of debts go in front of judge and get garnishments on each name,he does not have to prove you are the person that owes the debt,just that you have the same name,my daughter had her wages garnished after her exhusband did not payoff a truck that was awarded to him by the same cuort that approved the garnishment,my daughter went to court told the judge that she did not have the truck showed the court order that awarded the truck to her exhusband ,showed the judge her paychecks from walmart ,told the judge she was the only support her and her daughter had.the judge awarded the scumbag lawyers 125.oo out of every pay check untill the debt was paid off.so be wary if you are thing of moving here,it aint that nice here
Now, as a resident who lives here now, what was I *supposed* to think.

That sure looked like bashing to me.

Old 12-31-2008, 03:47 PM

maybe you should have just thought, anyone who has lived in tulsa any lenght of time knows it aint that nice,why do you think most people want to live in jenks or broken arrow or bixby or owasso or collinsville oklahoma rocks tulsa aint that nice peace

Old 01-01-2009, 10:35 AM

7,525 posts, read 16,975,128 times
It's all a matter of taste, though, isn't it? BA, Jenks, Bixby, Owasso, and Collinsville (throw in Sapulpa, Glenpool, Claremore, Coweta, Catoosa, and Skiatook while you are at it) are ALL bedroom communities.......massive houses on tiny lots unless youa re rich enouugh to have a mini-estate to go with your Escalade. If I had to live on a tiny lot with lots of noisy neighbors, I would MUCH prefer mid-town Tulsa to ANY of the bedroom communities. I LIKE the eclectic mix of housing and neighborhood flavors. I would LOVE to be able, on a spring day to walk over to Merrits Bakery with a newpaper and have a pastry and a cup of coffee, or walk down to the used book bookstore and browse the aisles on an afternoon. And to be able to find nice restaurants, an Irish pub, an oyster bar, etc without driving half an hour would be really great.

Does Tulsa have it's disadvantages? Of course it does....what city doesn't? But at this point in my life I MUCH prefer midtown Tulsa to ANY of the bedroom communities where you have commute to find a supermarket.

Regarding your daughter and the liability for a loan she signed for, she signed for it. She was financially responsible for it. If she were working at the time of purchase, then her income is likely a good portion of the reason they were able to get financed as well. She should consider it part of the price she paid for marrying the wrong guy. Maybe next time around she will put more effort into the caliber of the man she decides to love, and not make that mistake again. Why should the lender pay for her bad judgment?

Old 01-02-2009, 09:33 PM

Quote:
maybe you should have just thought, anyone who has lived in tulsa any lenght of time knows it aint that nice,why do you think most people want to live in jenks or broken arrow or bixby or owasso or collinsville oklahoma rocks tulsa aint that nice peace
Yet almost 400,000 people STILL live in Tulsa.

Baffles the mind what some people can come up with.

Who still holds the lion's share of the population in Tulsa county.

That's right...Tulsa.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Tulsa