Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Tulsa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2008, 08:26 PM

37 posts, read 108,098 times

Advertisements

I may be taking a job working in Muskogee, but will probably live in Broken Arrow. What would the commute time be like from Broken Arrow to Muskogee? I'm looking for a home in the $250,000-$300,000 range and figured Broken Arrow would be the best place to raise a family and commute to Muskogee. I guess I could live in Muskogee but I figure I would be better off in Broken Arrow. Thoughts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2008, 09:38 PM

7,525 posts, read 16,983,404 times
Depending on where in Muskogee, anywhere from 30 to 45 minutes once you hit the turnpike.

I would also look closely at Coweta. They have nice estate type homes in that price range and they have lots of growth potential.

Old 12-08-2008, 09:03 AM

687 posts, read 2,350,686 times
Absolutely look at Coweta; it's a nice little community that is what I like to call 'in between'. You can still get to Tulsa in 20 minutes, but if you need to work in Wagoner or Pryor or Muskogee, it's not that far.

Old 12-15-2008, 03:22 PM

2 posts, read 6,377 times
I live in Broken Arrow and commute to Muskogee. I live in the Forest Ridge area. It's 36.2 miles from my doorstep to my job. Not a bad drive at all. Currently, takes a little longer than normal with all the construction on the turnpike. I would think BA schools might offer a little more than Coweta if you have children but thats me. Good luck.

Old 12-15-2008, 09:29 PM

265 posts, read 904,480 times
Definitely look in Broken Arrow. East Broken Arrow might put you in a better position to get to Muskogee. Good luck!

Old 12-18-2008, 05:25 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,636,949 times
How come Muskogee is looked down upon as a not so good place to live and raise a family? Are there just too many old, runned down neighborhoods? Stillwater is kinda like that but if one wanted a home in the $250,000 to $300,000 range, you'd just be pointed to the southwest side of town, such as the Berry Creek addition.

Old 01-28-2009, 08:46 PM

2 posts, read 13,845 times
Hopefully I am not highjacking this thread. Looking for as much info on living in Muskogee as possible. Me and my wife will be moving there in three weeks since I got a job with the VA. Can anyone tell me what parts of the city are safe? Where should I look for an apartment? I don't want to live very far away since that is a huge reason I am leaving my current job. Anyone who lives in Muskogee have any advice? Thanks.

Old 02-22-2009, 09:26 PM

1 posts, read 4,290 times
I live in East Broken Arrow and my children go to school in Coweta. I work 4 days a week in South Tulsa and 1 day in Muskogee. It is very convienent to get on the Creek or the Muskogee Turnpike to get to work quickly. I moved here from Southern California and Oklahoma is great! There are great areas to buy acreage and build a home in the Broken Arrow or Coweta areas. Forest Ridge and Emerald Falls are golf communities which are very nice and there are many areas like Woodland Hills, and The Meadows that have beautiful homes. My suggestion is to do alot of research on the web and look at as many houses and areas as you possibly can before buying. Ask about new developments going in and areas that flood because we get a lot of rain here! Call [mod]please, no advertising realtors[/mod] in Coweta, she grew up in the area and knows it like the back of her hand.

Last edited by Synopsis; 02-23-2009 at 06:28 AM..

Old 07-17-2013, 06:08 PM

2 posts, read 2,909 times
We currently live in Zachary, LA and my husband is considering a job in muskogee. We have 3 children ages 1, 11, and 9. They currently attend schools in the #1 rated school district in Louisiana. We are thinking of living in BA but want a quality education for our children. That is top priority. I have read up on BA and Union schools. What is the best area of BA to live that is a reasonable commute for hubby? And which schools are best? We are also looking for some diversity since we are an African American family.

Old 07-17-2013, 07:03 PM

1,368 posts, read 3,217,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by broncopride View Post
We currently live in Zachary, LA and my husband is considering a job in muskogee. We have 3 children ages 1, 11, and 9. They currently attend schools in the #1 rated school district in Louisiana. We are thinking of living in BA but want a quality education for our children. That is top priority. I have read up on BA and Union schools. What is the best area of BA to live that is a reasonable commute for hubby? And which schools are best? We are also looking for some diversity since we are an African American family.
BA recently redistricted the elementary and middle schools. All the schools feed a single HS, the largest in the state. If you ask me, BA would be better. I would never Union as my step-children had a very bad experience there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Tulsa