Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Tulsa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2009, 04:22 AM

11,887 posts, read 36,818,319 times

Advertisements

Sandsprings has been sent to the great "trollway" in the sky.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2009, 10:03 AM

75 posts, read 248,395 times
once again did sand springs think they were in LA

Old 02-18-2009, 01:44 PM

10,400 posts, read 15,502,336 times
Default evergreen101...I don't know about that

Quote:
Originally Posted by evergreen101 View Post
Hi Marsbound2024, I think I may be able to help. I've lived in Tulsa now for about 8 years but before that I lived in Kentucky and visited TN often, so I have some idea of what kind of scenery you are looking for. With that being said - Tulsa doesn't really have anything similar (in fact, this was one of my larger disappointments on moving to the area). I would definitely suggest south Tulsa for any kind of hills and trees. Mid town and northern suburbs tend to be completely flat with very little trees (some may try to dispute this, but those will not have lived in MO, KY, TN, or anywhere north or east of here! So trust me on this - if it's natural aesthetics you want, stick to the very south of Tulsa! Have you checked out Springfield, MO? This sounds like it may fit your needs even more, and it's young adult culture is thriving). As far as active young community here in Tulsa, it does exist, and the best place you might want to look is through a church.

One more thing - I attended a college in mid-town and didn't feel particularly safe as a female for a number of factors. The more south you go the better the area.

Hope this helps - best of luck!
Tulsa is hilly and green , but only in the summer time.....KY and TN are only vastly superior to Tulsa in these Cities...Chattnooga...Knoxville.....
Louisville only in the Southwestern Section , overall Tulsa compares to Louisville pretty well , and Springfield MO is on the same level as Tulsa is , it's just doesn't have half the development that Tulsa Has.....Springfield MO is a Medium Sized City and Tulsa is a Up And Coming Large City , and
when you compare Tulsa to Lexington KY Tulsa comes out Ahead inside
the City Limits PROPER.....

Old 02-18-2009, 09:39 PM

258 posts, read 1,011,772 times
Tulsa an up and coming large city? lol. Its barely a small city.

Old 02-19-2009, 09:00 AM

687 posts, read 2,343,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TulsaArtist View Post
Disagree.

What would you consider any metro area with a population coming up on 1 million?

I think with the growth we've been having, 'up and coming large city' is not a stretch. I know some people don't want to hear that, but it's happening. With the economy it may draw it out, but make no mistake, it's happening.

Old 02-19-2009, 03:31 PM

10,400 posts, read 15,502,336 times
Default Large Cities Are Cities With A Population Over 300,000

Quote:
Originally Posted by TulsaArtist View Post
Large Cities are cities with a population over 300,000 such as Miami Florida , Atlanta GA , Pittsburgh PA ,have you heard of those large cities...

If Washington , Nowata , Muskogee , Okmulgee County are added into the TULSA metro for the 2010 Census , tulsa will be well over 1,000,000
metro area wises.....and about 388,800 city proper wises..... That My Friend Fits The Profile Of A Big City......Sorry that i wasn't on City-Data Yesterday...Howest2008
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Tulsa