Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Tulsa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2009, 11:46 AM

2,716 posts, read 6,894,400 times

Advertisements

Callahan was actually born and raised in Chicago where he ultimately went to college and became an assistant coach of some sort. Then he bounced around a bit to AZ, WI, Philly, then to Oakland I believe. After Oakland, the King of Sabotage (Steve Peterson) hired Callahan to destroy a storied college football program and make it the joke of the big12.

He did set a bunch of new records defensively…unfortunately they were the records you do not want to set. Ughhhh……
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2009, 01:28 PM

11,887 posts, read 36,913,507 times
Nebraska is back on the right path, for which I am thankful. No wishes to see such a storied program fade away. College football NEEDS Nebraska back.

Old 08-02-2009, 05:10 PM

10,400 posts, read 15,576,277 times
Default Neb University Will Rise From The Ashes.......

I wait with baited breathe for the resurrection of the storied Nebraska University Football Team.......

Old 08-03-2009, 06:00 AM

11,887 posts, read 36,913,507 times
You ever been to a Nebraska/OU game Howest? Back in the day (70s), I went to a couple of OU/Nebraska games. Very competitive and usually the two teams were ranked somewhere in the top ten. Nebraska fans are very passionate about their football, as passionate as any football fan out there, but they have class. It was always good to speak with the Nebraska fans while at those games.

Old 08-03-2009, 03:15 PM

Default No But I'ave Beem To The Lincolm And Norman Campus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
You ever been to a Nebraska/OU game Howest? Back in the day (70s), I went to a couple of OU/Nebraska games. Very competitive and usually the two teams were ranked somewhere in the top ten. Nebraska fans are very passionate about their football, as passionate as any football fan out there, but they have class. It was always good to speak with the Nebraska fans while at those games.
No But That's on my BUCKET LIST....LOL I'ave Beem To The Two
Universities , but wasn't fortune enough to see a game.

Old 08-14-2009, 10:58 AM

48 posts, read 197,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodpasture View Post
Oklahoma and Nebraska both consist of 8 letters.

both have Big 12 teams.

both have losing Big 12 teams (NU/OSU) (where being a losing team means losing to OU)
Omaha is close to Lincoln which has the greatest BIG RED team of all Time
Go Huskers! Pure Red vs the burnt red of ou. NU owned the 90's (3 National Championships and multiple Big 8, 12), OU owned this decade (1 Nat'l Champ, many Big 12 champs), NU is on their way back to own the next decade. OU vs NU in the Big 12 Championship game this year like it is suspose to be (Restoring the Order) Bo will replace Bob as the Youngstown, OH wonder. - OK just a bit of rivery talk here - great respect for OU and between both programs - we both hate Texas and any Florida school.

Omaha is a lot like Tulsa wt the hills and the Mo River going around it. Tulsa seems more developed. Moving from S. Dak 30 years ago to Tulsa, I enjoy the winters much more here but still the summers are more brutal here then Omaha area (both have humidity however).

Old 08-14-2009, 04:22 PM

Default I Just Can't Wait For Nebraska University And USC To Make A Come Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulsa Guy View Post
Omaha is close to Lincoln which has the greatest BIG RED team of all Time
Go Huskers! Pure Red vs the burnt red of ou. NU owned the 90's (3 National Championships and multiple Big 8, 12), OU owned this decade (1 Nat'l Champ, many Big 12 champs), NU is on their way back to own the next decade. OU vs NU in the Big 12 Championship game this year like it is suspose to be (Restoring the Order) Bo will replace Bob as the Youngstown, OH wonder. - OK just a bit of rivery talk here - great respect for OU and between both programs - we both hate Texas and any Florida school.

Omaha is a lot like Tulsa wt the hills and the Mo River going around it. Tulsa seems more developed. Moving from S. Dak 30 years ago to Tulsa, I enjoy the winters much more here but still the summers are more brutal here then Omaha area (both have humidity however).
Yeah I'm Chopping At The Bit..waiting for Nebraska University and
USC to make a come back. Omaha is less developed than Tulsa right
now , but Lincoln is going to be sucked into the Omaha Metro in
about 10 to 20 years.......

Old 08-14-2009, 11:59 PM

13,495 posts, read 37,436,311 times
Tulsa Guy, which part of So. Dak. did you come from? Are you glad you moved to Tulsa?

Old 08-16-2009, 10:40 AM

1,137 posts, read 2,280,130 times
Tulsa City hall reminds me of the Union Pacific Center a little bit...

Old 08-17-2009, 11:03 AM

48 posts, read 197,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammie View Post
Tulsa Guy, which part of So. Dak. did you come from? Are you glad you moved to Tulsa?
Grew up in Parker, S.D - near Sioux Falls. We moved to Tulsa in 1978. It is a big city wt a smaller city feel in some ways. Love the winters except the ice storms - much better then up north. Summers are brutal at times. As far as a city - friendly people, good churches, balanced economy which is better then then most places, home prices - one of the best in the country (which makes it difficult to relocate). The city is kept up nice, downtown is being renewed wt a new arena and baseball field. Ozarks are within 2-3 hours and plenty of lakes. We also have a great Cornhusker Club in town!!
However, we would like to move to Colorado or Cheyenne closer to our son in Co. Springs - we love the mtns besides and the cooler summers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Tulsa