Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Tulsa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-26-2016, 09:50 AM

1,812 posts, read 2,222,203 times

Advertisements

August is a rough month in Oklahoma. What were you in town for? Where did you stay?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2016, 01:24 AM

3,335 posts, read 2,922,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swake View Post
August is a rough month in Oklahoma. What were you in town for? Where did you stay?
visit my old high school friend who moved to Tulsa. Stayed at his house 5 miles from downtown. Checked out downtown on my own during my spare time while he was at work. Hot and stuffy around 99 degrees with some puffy clouds and gentle southerly breeze.

Old 01-30-2016, 09:34 PM

10,400 posts, read 15,573,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
Not conservative in the way Oklahoma is conservative.

Here, conservative means hating LGBT people, promoting Ten Commandments monuments, and making anybody who isn't a good-standing Baptist feel like an outside who doesn't belong. Young people who don't share these values will avoid Oklahoma and native Okies who don't will continue to leave the state as they have for a long time. Conservative here doesn't mean the pro-business and pro-growth strategies of many Texas cities and cities in the mountain west. It means you better follow my rigid, narrow interpretation of the King James Bible or else.

Tulsa has somewhat of a progressive vibe compared to the rest of the state but the place is too small and surrounded by suburbs that are too conservative for it to become an oasis. Plus, the city needs economic stimulation and neither Oklahoma city is getting much that isn't oil & gas related, which today has turned to bust.
Tulsa OK is small because the powers that be wants it
that way. If Tulsa wanted to be pro-growth like Texarr Cities
it would've dam the Arkansas River & pull in Locks & work-
ed on the river parks from Sand Springs to Bixby OK and
...this would've been done in the 1960's & 70-s...

Old 01-31-2016, 11:54 PM

2,572 posts, read 4,249,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the topper View Post
visit my old high school friend who moved to Tulsa. Stayed at his house 5 miles from downtown. Checked out downtown on my own during my spare time while he was at work. Hot and stuffy around 99 degrees with some puffy clouds and gentle southerly breeze.
Were you downtown during one of our many cattle drives? That's one of the reasons we can't have nice things here, well that and the dust storms.

Old 02-01-2016, 01:12 AM

5,546 posts, read 9,499,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by okie1962 View Post
Were you downtown during one of our many cattle drives? That's one of the reasons we can't have nice things here, well that and the dust storms.

Not to mention the free-range buffalo frequenting the parking lot at the BOK Center. Good thing those Cherokees are still good with a bow & arrow or they wouldn't have anything to take back to their teepees at night.

Old 02-01-2016, 05:41 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,922,710 times
Quote:
Nope

Old 02-02-2016, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the topper View Post
Nope
Well, if your ever back in town and get board, come over to my house and help me get my garage finished! I'll buy the beer.

Old 02-02-2016, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Catfish2008 View Post

Not to mention the free-range buffalo frequenting the parking lot at the BOK Center. Good thing those Cherokees are still good with a bow & arrow or they wouldn't have anything to take back to their teepees at night.

I was driving through Checotah a few weeks ago, and as I passed the Sonic there was three people on horseback ording food. I'm kicking myself for not going back and getting a picture, but I was late for an appointment in Tulsa.

It would have been funny to send into Sonic and put a caption on it that said "This is how we Sonic!"

Old 02-02-2016, 07:50 PM

26,404 posts, read 46,544,081 times
My sister just moved out of Tulsa after many years, moved to the Denver region. Has zero interest in returning..

Old 02-02-2016, 09:57 PM

5,546 posts, read 9,499,375 times
Quote:
I was driving through Checotah a few weeks ago, and as I passed the Sonic there was three people on horseback ording food. I'm kicking myself for not going back and getting a picture, but I was late for an appointment in Tulsa.

It would have been funny to send into Sonic and put a caption on it that said "This is how we Sonic!"

People did that all the time when I lived in Southern Oklahoma.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lfo-vSVT7Rg
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Tulsa