Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Tulsa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-03-2016, 11:59 AM

143 posts, read 193,013 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraniteStater View Post
My sister just moved out of Tulsa after many years, moved to the Denver region. Has zero interest in returning..

I would never want to live in Denver. I hate the cold and snow. To each his own.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2016, 04:09 PM

7,776 posts, read 12,443,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklahomagirl74 View Post
I would never want to live in Denver. I hate the cold and snow. To each his own.
I know several people who used to live in Denver and they are thrilled silly to no longer have to deal with the cold and snow. My brother drove past Denver once, but didn't stop. Surely would be a strange world if everyone wanted to live in the same place. I wonder if some people are predisposed to make snarky posts. When I see certain usernames, I know odds are they've written something negative.

Old 02-03-2016, 08:07 PM

10,400 posts, read 15,583,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Catfish2008 View Post

People did that all the time when I lived in Southern Oklahoma.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lfo-vSVT7Rg
Seriously I really loved that VIDEO and I can't wait until I retire in 2018 & move back to Tulsa OK...as long as I have
enough dough to fly to California & the west whenever the
MOOD hits me.....

Old 02-04-2016, 10:24 AM

26,411 posts, read 46,581,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklahomagirl74 View Post
Denver is mild most of the time, 300 days of sun a year. Not cold at all compared to the Upper Midwest. Yes, they get snow, but it often melts fast there.

Old 02-07-2016, 11:46 AM

10,400 posts, read 15,583,593 times
The city of Denver Color....ado is playing today for the
NFL WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP IN AMERICAN FOOTBALL...

IN MY BACKYARD AND I'M NOT EVEN GOING TO WATCH
THE GAME....

I have family in DENVER & NOT CHARLOTTE NORTH CAROLINA so I guess I'm pulling for DENVER, but believe
that Charlotte will win THE FOOTBALL GAME.

RACIST OKLAHOMA FORUM TO BE CONTINUED TOMORROW.

Old 02-07-2016, 05:03 PM

1 posts, read 1,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigOkie View Post
I'm guessin' you need to 'openyoureyes' because not all people from either of those areas are like that. I live on the East side and have most of my life and work 40+ hours a week and have no problems in my neigborhood, who are all either retired or hard working blue collar people.

Stop generalizing. Nothing makes me madder than that.
Thank you BigOkie for your reply to the question. I am a senior about to relocate to Tulsa and I read the forum to get a general idea of where to live.

Old 02-08-2016, 05:55 PM

3,674 posts, read 3,035,365 times
Gave Tulsa 5 years. I actually WANTED to move there, but grew tired of the crime, low paying jobs, bad roads, crime, too many uneducated people, crime, bad school, racists on all sides, crime, ultra-conservative attitudes, crime, people content with working 3 $8 per hour jobs to barely survive, crime, majority of people content with status quo and living in the 1950s, crime, the horrific dating scene, God-awful drivers-prepare for your auto insurance to triple-oh and did I mention crime? To anyone considering moving there, please take the time and visit to get a true feel of how badly Tulsa declined. Tulsa used to be the jewel of the Midwest, then when the oil and gas economy went in the tank, Tulsa really declined into a Republican hell of low paying jobs, poverty, and crime. All anyone wants to do about Tulsa's decline is pray about it. Really??

Old 02-08-2016, 07:49 PM

1,812 posts, read 2,224,517 times
Tulsa is a city with an income disparity problem, probably more than most cities. Sounds like you were on the wrong side of that.

Old 02-08-2016, 08:03 PM

2,752 posts, read 2,760,834 times
Tell me something bad about Tulsa...

There must be too much moonshine in the water because:

They lowered a brand new Plymouth into a below ground vault and let it brine for 50 years. Brilliant.

Old 02-09-2016, 08:44 AM

143 posts, read 193,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen88 View Post
Tell me something bad about Tulsa...

There must be too much moonshine in the water because:

They lowered a brand new Plymouth into a below ground vault and let it brine for 50 years. Brilliant.

It was a good idea, just didn't work out the way they'd planned.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Tulsa