Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Tulsa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2009, 04:38 PM

64 posts, read 228,443 times

Advertisements

Still researching my move... If I go ahead with Tulsa, Would late fall or early winter be okay? What I mean is: Is there a high probability of experiencing bad weather (ice storm, snow) while my furniture and other belongings are being unloaded from the truck?

I'd like to get out of SoCal as soon as possible, but I haven't even started packing yet, and the earliest I can leave would be November/December.

So what would be the best time to arrive in Tulsa?
(I guess some of you would say that anytime is a good time to move to Tulsa )

Looking forward to some guidance in this matter. TIA!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2009, 05:02 PM

7,525 posts, read 16,981,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veexx View Post
So what would be the best time to arrive in Tulsa?
I always liked daytime.

If you have bad weather when you get here, find a motel, watch a football game, and it will be better in the morning..........

Old 09-10-2009, 05:51 PM

258 posts, read 1,014,669 times
Any time from now till end of Nov would be excellent. Dec. is mostly ok but you can get the occasional cold spell with precipitation of some sort or another.

Old 09-10-2009, 09:48 PM

58 posts, read 146,560 times
Heavy snowfall is vanishingly rare here, so I wouldn't worry about that. Freezing rain can happen in December, but it doesn't happen every year. December in Tulsa is a funny month, weather-wise. The daytime temperatures can be in the 40s or the 70s, you never know. (More often, they'll be in the 50s.)

Old 09-12-2009, 10:31 AM

144 posts, read 484,675 times
Move there ASAP! Now until November is the best weather for the state.

Old 09-12-2009, 03:41 PM

32 posts, read 147,837 times
Default Move before December hits and the ice arrives

I agree with the previous comments. If you are worried at all about moving in cold and icy weather, then you will want to do it before December. The highest probability of ice storms would be from about the second week of December to the first week of January. Of course, there could be no ice storm during the time and an ice storm could hit later in January or into February, but the highest probability period would be during December.

November is still warm in Tulsa. Tulsans still wear shorts and t-shirts during November, but then pull out the sweaters, jackets and pants once December hits. December temperatures are usually around mid to high thirties at night and mid to high fifties in the day.

Old 09-12-2009, 10:10 PM

64 posts, read 228,443 times
Thanks for the helpful replies, everyone!

My main concern is that my stuff doesn't get wet coming out of the truck, or that the movers slip and drop something.
From all your replies, I guess I better hurry up and make a decision soon, so I can be there by the end of November.

So much to do...

Old 09-16-2009, 04:56 PM

79 posts, read 98,685 times
Best time to move to Tulsa for anyone is never.Find a nice community outside of Tulsa like Claremore and commute to Tulsa.

Old 09-28-2009, 10:24 PM

1,837 posts, read 4,148,902 times
I think I understand what the previous poster was talking about but honestly coming from SoCal... Tulsa will probably be (literally) a breathe of fresh air. I moved here in August and I hated it!! It was in the 100's when I arrived and I don't like that type of heat. I think you would probably do well moving in the fall or spring. I am not sure what winter has in store here but right now it is really nice.

The people on this forum steered me in the right direction but I wish I would have moved further away from the busyness of 71st street although there are some really nice houses and decent schools in this area as well. It is just a little too busy for me. I noticed that in the Broken Arrow/Jenks area around 101st street and more south of Tulsa things start getting a little less hectic and I personally like that feel better than the hustle and bustle of the city. I have kids though with specific needs and the school we thought was best was the Union school district. If I didn't have kids I would have moved to Jenks or maybe one of the nearby surrounding towns. NOT COLLINSVILLE!!!

But then again, I moved from Spokane Washington and you are moving from SoCal. You will be fine. You may feel some culture shock and miss the ocean and the weather but you will most likely enjoy the pace...

Let us know how things turn out.

Old 09-28-2009, 11:18 PM

265 posts, read 904,394 times
71st in Broken Arrow is a little busy (Commercial Development, etc...) but once you get off that street, it gets more "relaxed". I live off 111th in south Broken Arrow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Tulsa