Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Tulsa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2009, 09:29 PM

76 posts, read 274,775 times

Advertisements

I was dead set on skipping it but my sister showed me these one dollar admission tickets and that changed my mind in a second.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2009, 08:00 AM

124 posts, read 256,262 times
Yes i got tickets as well u just have to to got a Ford dealer ship to give them when i went they didnt even try and sell me a car i was so suprised!!

Old 09-28-2009, 06:56 PM

687 posts, read 2,350,440 times
I will NEVER go back to the fair again after the way the County treated Bells Amusement Park. They're on my 'ban for life' list.

Old 09-28-2009, 10:09 PM

1,837 posts, read 4,149,271 times
What is at the State Fair in Oklahoma anyway? Just curious...

Old 09-28-2009, 11:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raelyn28 View Post
... I guess technically I should start calling it the city fair haha. Also, I do feel bad about Bell's to. I used to actually work with a family member of the Bell's family who had a really bubbly personality. I never pieced together that the fellow employee was related to them until they came out and told me one day.

I personally started laying off the fair since it started to seem everything was increasing 2$ dollars every year and also because the kids that attended couldn't seem to act civilized.

Old 09-29-2009, 01:29 AM

Well it seems kids everywhere are like that the grocery store the pool the park so the state fair wouldnt be any diffrent i persume lol

Old 09-29-2009, 11:51 AM

4,070 posts, read 5,605,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdilladoesitbetter View Post
I was dead set on skipping it but my sister showed me these one dollar admission tickets and that changed my mind in a second.
Good info, I would have included that they are only good for one day, Thurs OCT 1st. If I would have known that, I wouldn't have wasted my time getting a few.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raelyn28 View Post
People, LOTS of crazy looking people!! You HAVE to check it out!! I guarantee you will have never seen anything like it before!! They definitely "come out of the woodwork" for this one.

I think its freakin hilarious to go people watch at the fair, from the couples with their matching OU t-shirts, to the 400 pounders chewing on turkey legs. I think its freakin hilarious. Priceless IMO.

Old 09-29-2009, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergoingback View Post
Good info, I would have included that they are only good for one day, Thurs OCT 1st. If I would have known that, I wouldn't have wasted my time getting a few.

People, LOTS of crazy looking people!! You HAVE to check it out!! I guarantee you will have never seen anything like it before!! They definitely "come out of the woodwork" for this one.

I think its freakin hilarious to go people watch at the fair, from the couples with their matching OU t-shirts, to the 400 pounders chewing on turkey legs. I think its freakin hilarious. Priceless IMO.
LOL, and yes, I apologize for not mentioning that the tickets were only good for one day. I also read on the tickets that almost every ride costs a dollar each that day. Not quite sure if that's a truly good deal however.

Old 09-29-2009, 03:57 PM

The rides are $1 from 5pm to close just so no else has to get rude! But also if someone would of done their homework it says online the tickets are only good for one day!

On a diffrent note i have never been to the Tulsa fair so im excited about going!!

Old 09-29-2009, 08:47 PM

1,837 posts, read 4,149,271 times
Not to bring up the driving issue again, but LOL...if the people look anything like the way they drive here I suppose I am in for a real treat. I think I am too scared to go and I probably would be entertained by the individuality. I still get a kick out of just about everything in this State... One good thing about it... You can be whoever you want to be here and no one cares... unlike other places that I have been where it looks like everyone just stepped out of the same old box...

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergoingback View Post

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Tulsa