Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Tulsa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2009, 09:45 PM

687 posts, read 2,350,686 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raelyn28 View Post
The people that get offended by the TRUTH are either in one of two categories..

1) They are offended because they do the things that are considered stupid so they are mad because they got BUSTED.

2) or..they are immature and they get offended by someone who has the guts to state the truth because they have lived their life hiding behind vices of all kinds or breaking the law.

There is NOTHING that I have said on these forums that hasn't been echoed by others (even fellow Tulsans). I have had LOTS of PM's that tell me great job, good for you, you are telling the truth. It makes me realize that there is always going to be certain people who live in denial and get very uncomfortable with reality and the truth being spoken. It hits a nerve sometimes but we all need to grow up and take notice of our own bad habits.

But guess what...it basically comes down to personally choice. Go ahead and light your cigarette and get lung cancer. I will even give you my sister's phone number and you can call her.. she will be more than will ing to explain the horrible consequences that she is going through as a result of smoking for the last 30+ years. And go ahead...drive 20+ miles over the speed limit in the right hand lane. Maybe you will get lucky and not take someone's life or your own...

I don't really care what you do..just don't kill me with your second hand smoke and your reckless driving.

I wasn't the one who brought up this topic or started the thread, I was responding to what others had posted. I never said EVERYONE was a bad driver or EVERYONE was unhealthy and I NEVER said anyone was stupid. I bet if you looked at statistics you would find that more people get in accidents here and more people smoke than they do in Washington. So what...big deal, get mad at statistics and not me.

ONCE AGAIN, I REPEAT, I DID NOT START THE THREAD BUT WAS RESPONDING TO A DISCUSSION ABOUT HEALTH. WHY DID YOU READ IT IF YOU DID NOT LIKE THE SUBJECT????
That's rich; just because you didn't start the thread you're not the one to blame. Did you ever stop to think how your were phrasing your posts? Case in point: //www.city-data.com/forum/11236714-post6.html

That's why left-coasters come off as uppity to most everyone who has lived in this area. They have this mightier-than-thou attitude about everything they've done on the left coast.

Guess what, you're not livin' on the left coast anymore.

And likewise, if you don't like us criticizing your posts, as I've said in an earlier post, don't read 'em. Plain and simple.

Thanks for playing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2009, 09:47 PM

1,837 posts, read 4,149,271 times
Unfortunately I don't have a choice so I cannot leave so you are stuck with me. And the same advice goes to you BigOkie, if you see my name and my response don't read it if you don't like what I have to say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigOkie View Post
Expect that if you're going to spew some comments that people will take as you not liking it her that will be mean. I mean one of your first posts was about how Tulsa drivers were the worst you've ever seen. Imagine how that looks to a community who has now tried to help you in your quest for information.

And wasn't it you yourself who said that if you didn't have to move you wouldn't have?

I think Tulsans and Oklahomans in general are a little put-off by some of the attitude of those from the left coast show on a pretty continual basis.

My whole point is that if you have a choice and don't like it, leave. If you don't like my comments, then don't read them.

Old 10-19-2009, 09:49 PM

687 posts, read 2,350,686 times
Hey, I'm ambivalent one way or the other. What I don't like is the generalizations you put on a people that live in a region or state, like you did with your very first post when you moved here. Makes you sound uppity. It also makes it appear to me that you're venting more about how you hate living here then trying to do something about it.

Old 10-19-2009, 09:51 PM

7,525 posts, read 16,981,976 times
Tell you the truth, this is almost as much fun as poking the lions at the zoo with a stick.....and a lot safer.........

Old 10-19-2009, 09:57 PM

So now you are judging me as a left coaster?? How can you judge me when you just judged millions of people who live on the west coast? Try going to the California, Oregon or Washington Forum with this attitude and you will get put in your place.. For your information people are NICER over on the left side then you are. Maybe you need to take a well deserved vacation so you can see for yourself and get a little bit education on how to welcome someone into your community. You sure do contribute to my frustrations here and you are probably one of those reckless drivers.

I have said LOTS of good things about Tulsa but maybe you don't read those threads because it seems like you wait for me like a vulture, swoop down and pick up anything you can find to chew on and criticize me with..

I have said I appreciate everyone's help and have said many good things, but truth is truth in certain subjects and I am not going to back down because someone is offended by it. Sorry..just not my style.

And another thing, I am not playing a game as it seems like you are with your comment..."thanks for playing". What does that mean anyway?

Quote:
That's rich; just because you didn't start the thread you're not the one to blame. Did you ever stop to think how your were phrasing your posts? Case in point: //www.city-data.com/forum/11236714-post6.html

That's why left-coasters come off as uppity to most everyone who has lived in this area. They have this mightier-than-thou attitude about everything they've done on the left coast.

Guess what, you're not livin' on the left coast anymore.

And likewise, if you don't like us criticizing your posts, as I've said in an earlier post, don't read 'em. Plain and simple.

Thanks for playing.

Old 10-19-2009, 10:01 PM

Didn't you notice that I had the thread closed and asked for an apology? I explained that I posted that thread out of frustration because my entire family almost got hit within the first couple of weeks that we arrived. I explained all that but it seems that your emotions blind you from the good things that I have said here.

Come on...give me a break and go back and re-read some of my threads.. I have tried to be really positive about this move.

Quote:
Hey, I'm ambivalent one way or the other. What I don't like is the generalizations you put on a people that live in a region or state, like you did with your very first post when you moved here. Makes you sound uppity. It also makes it appear to me that you're venting more about how you hate living here then trying to do something about it.

Old 10-19-2009, 10:04 PM

I really don't need this and will probably just leave the Tulsa forum. It is obvious that I cannot state my opinion or comment in the way I want to comment because it is ALWAYS taken in the wrong way. It is not worth the headache to me... I am pretty much done. See you guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodpasture View Post
Tell you the truth, this is almost as much fun as poking the lions at the zoo with a stick.....and a lot safer.........

Old 10-19-2009, 10:22 PM

498 posts, read 1,606,256 times
BigOkie, Raelyn is in a new place that she is getting used to and there are a lot of frustrations to work through. Perhaps she is trying to understand why. It is easy to get frustrated and go find a place to vent. Nothing wrong with that. I understand getting upset because Oklahoma does get attacked alot. But let's not start making enemies.

Let's please end the fight and find a way to make her feel more welcome in Oklahoma.

And Raelyn, it is getting late so I'll make this brief. A lot of bad you are seeing in Oklahoma doesn't represent what Oklahoma is truly about. It was a state founded on European settlers who turned Oklahoma into a cultural island in the south. Then came the 1920s when many southerners decided to migrate to Oklahoma to escape the impoverished south. Unfortunately they brought with them their southern culture, and thus we ended up with the bad stats and a bad rep. I'll explain more later, but I have been studying Oklahoma culture for 16 years and I am starting to find a lot of things that most people don't realize. Oklahoma has so much potential but there are people here that are doing what they can to try and keep Oklahoma from prospering.

Old 10-19-2009, 10:28 PM

5,546 posts, read 9,505,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodpasture View Post
hahahaha!

*grabs popcorn...extra butter....sits back down*

Old 10-19-2009, 10:35 PM

I truly appreciate your compassion and sensitivity to me but I have asked that ALL my threads be closed. I really believe I have caused more harm than good here and I don't want to do that to anyone. I have never intended for any of my threads, comments or posts to cause anyone to think of Tulsa in a negative way. I have only discussed issues out of concern.

Big Okie along with a few other people on this forum have told me on quite a few occasions to go back to Washington. Although I cannot do that I can leave the Tulsa forum and I have decided that it would be best to do so. My presence here is causing anxiety and frustration for many including myself. When that happens it is time for someone to say goodbye and that would be me because I am the newcomer.

With that in mind, I just want to say "Thankyou" to the many of you who have stood beside me through the last several months. It was and still is a difficult transition for me and my family. I am positive that with time it will get better. I really appreciate every ounce of help and all the support that I have recieved here. I am sorry that I caused any bad feelings and I will not continue to be someones' entertainment for the day.

Have a great week/weekend and enjoy the great State of Oklahoma... Peace out...

Quote:
Originally Posted by okcpulse View Post
BigOkie, Raelyn is in a new place that she is getting used to and there are a lot of frustrations to work through. Perhaps she is trying to understand why. It is easy to get frustrated and go find a place to vent. Nothing wrong with that. I understand getting upset because Oklahoma does get attacked alot. But let's not start making enemies.

Let's please end the fight and find a way to make her feel more welcome in Oklahoma.

And Raelyn, it is getting late so I'll make this brief. A lot of bad you are seeing in Oklahoma doesn't represent what Oklahoma is truly about. It was a state founded on European settlers who turned Oklahoma into a cultural island in the south. Then came the 1920s when many southerners decided to migrate to Oklahoma to escape the impoverished south. Unfortunately they brought with them their southern culture, and thus we ended up with the bad stats and a bad rep. I'll explain more later, but I have been studying Oklahoma culture for 16 years and I am starting to find a lot of things that most people don't realize. Oklahoma has so much potential but there are people here that are doing what they can to try and keep Oklahoma from prospering.

Last edited by Raelyn28; 10-19-2009 at 10:38 PM.. Reason: Added a line... Spelling errors.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Tulsa