Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Tulsa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2009, 03:40 PM

8,039 posts, read 4,514,412 times

Advertisements

First of all Crashing I wish to apologize to you for the uncalled for remarks to you regarding your use of the internet and telephone. I am not afraid of the telephone it just can't stand the attitudes on the other end of the line, much the same as some of the attitudes on this forum. You know who you are. Also not everyone here in Tulsa is snarly, there are many people here who will be glad to help you out with your questions. Now to answer your question about Panera Bread there is no smoking within the establishment itself although I am sure that the employees who do indulge go outside to a designated area. A good majority of the resurants here do not allow smoking inside the establishment most of them do allow smoking for employees outside. In some instances there are large ashtrays for the customers who wish to smoke after their dinner or finish one before they go in, these are usually located outside the front doors. You should be ok as far as a smoke free environment is concerned. Hope this helps.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2009, 12:06 PM

Hi everyone
I realized that on Nov 16 I made some rather snide remarks about other posters I would highlight the quote but for the life of me I cannot figure out how so I'll just leave it for now. I wish to apologize for the remarks I made. In no way would I intentionally be mean to anyone. Unless someone deserves it and no one in this instance did. I admit at times I suffer greatly from foot and mouth disease in this case I suffered from brain to computer disconnect. I really should have someone take a look at that! Again I apologize for the remarks and I will be more respectful in the future. Those of you who are regular posters are great and I not only enjoy the posts but derive a great deal of information and perspective from your posts.

Old 11-18-2009, 12:10 PM

1,812 posts, read 2,224,517 times
Smoking is generally banned in all restaurants in Oklahoma and has been for years unless the restaurant has a separately ventilated smoking room or if the establishment is an over 21 bar with food. Effectively there's no smoking in 99% of all restaurants in the state.
Additionally there have been efforts recently to ban smoking entirely in all restaurants and bars. I would expect to see that in the next year or two.

Old 11-18-2009, 12:38 PM

7,525 posts, read 16,983,404 times
If something I said offended someone, please let me know what it was.......I may want to offend you again sometime.

Old 11-18-2009, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodpasture View Post
If something I said offended someone, please let me know what it was.......I may want to offend you again sometime.
Thanks GP needed a good laugh. No it wasn't you I was the offender. I felt like the south end of a donkey.

Old 11-18-2009, 01:20 PM

620 posts, read 1,752,199 times
Most Indoor Places Are Smoke free

New Oklahoma laws apply to the following:

• Indoor places used by or open to the public (like Panera Bread)
  • Indoor workplaces
  • Public transportation
Smoking is prohibited in these places, except for certain exempt places specified in the laws and described here.

Specific Places Smoking May Be Allowed

The following types of places are listed as exempt in the laws, so smoking is permitted, provided the nonsmoking areas are protected:
  • Stand-alone bars, taverns and cigar bars
  • Retail tobacco stores
  • Up to 25% of the guest rooms at hotels or other lodging establishments
  • Licensed charitable bingo games, during operations for bingo
  • Workplaces in private residences, except in licensed child care centers in private residences during hours of operation
  • Veterans' organizations, except that they shall be smoke-free during events open to the public
  • Medical research or treatment centers, if smoking is integral to the research or treatment
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Tulsa
View detailed profiles of: