U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Tulsa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 12-04-2009, 12:13 AM
 
Location: Flower Mound, Texas
1,837 posts, read 3,905,734 times
Reputation: 567

Advertisements

I think it is fairly safe to post again since I haven't been around for awhile and I promise I will try not to be so negative.

Anyway, I am excited to have boys that attend the Union School district and we are VERY proud that Union is playing for the State Title. Our boys continue to do very well here in both academics and sports.. Yeah, we are getting used to it here in Tulsa.

So what do you guys think?? Jenks or Union?? I love football and we are getting ready for the upcoming baseball team!!!

Go Redskins!!!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-04-2009, 07:09 AM
 
Location: Pawnee Nation
7,525 posts, read 15,959,879 times
Reputation: 7055
Jenks. They have more money to recruit better players.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-04-2009, 07:27 AM
 
702 posts, read 2,366,585 times
Reputation: 555
Yea, after all the suspensions at Jenks and Booker T. this year which revealed all the cheating these schools take part in, sure puts a damper on being enthusiastic on a state title. I never could understand why the OSSHA or whatever it's called never did not do more to these schools like Jenks and Union allowing transfer student athletes to transfer in their junior or senior year just to play football. When in Owasso every time there was a stud athlete on the football team the kid would mysteriously leave after his sophomore year and pop up at either Union or Jenks. Dominique Franks was a perfect example of that.

Oh well, kind of the way I feel about the New England Patriots superbowl championships. After they were caught cheating it sure taints all their championships in my eyes, just like this state title this weekend will be.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-04-2009, 12:54 PM
 
Location: On this planet most of the time
8,039 posts, read 4,270,681 times
Reputation: 4868
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raelyn28 View Post
I think it is fairly safe to post again since I haven't been around for awhile and I promise I will try not to be so negative.

Anyway, I am excited to have boys that attend the Union School district and we are VERY proud that Union is playing for the State Title. Our boys continue to do very well here in both academics and sports.. Yeah, we are getting used to it here in Tulsa.

So what do you guys think?? Jenks or Union?? I love football and we are getting ready for the upcoming baseball team!!!

Go Redskins!!!
BIG HI Raelyn welcome back, missed youNow I just have to go with Jenks. Sorry. Glad your boys are doing well and I am glad you are getting used to Tulsa. Trust me the longer you are here the better it gets. Hope to see more of you on the forum.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-04-2009, 02:27 PM
 
Location: Flower Mound, Texas
1,837 posts, read 3,905,734 times
Reputation: 567
I believe Owasso also does that for baseball don't they?? At least that is what I have heard

Quote:
Originally Posted by briansgi View Post
Yea, after all the suspensions at Jenks and Booker T. this year which revealed all the cheating these schools take part in, sure puts a damper on being enthusiastic on a state title. I never could understand why the OSSHA or whatever it's called never did not do more to these schools like Jenks and Union allowing transfer student athletes to transfer in their junior or senior year just to play football. When in Owasso every time there was a stud athlete on the football team the kid would mysteriously leave after his sophomore year and pop up at either Union or Jenks. Dominique Franks was a perfect example of that.

Oh well, kind of the way I feel about the New England Patriots superbowl championships. After they were caught cheating it sure taints all their championships in my eyes, just like this state title this weekend will be.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-05-2009, 12:30 AM
 
Location: Flower Mound, Texas
1,837 posts, read 3,905,734 times
Reputation: 567
Hi Brian,

I didn't have time to reply the way I wanted to regarding your post earlier. As the mother of two boys who are outstanding atheletes I do need to make a comment. I don't know much about the recruitment of players but I have heard a lot about it and it isn't just the sport of football or Union and Jenks exclusively. Other schools do it as well. And other States do it also.

One thing that I have to say in regards to players mysteriously disappearing. As a parent I transferred my son out of a High School and into another one for various reasons back in Spokane. Some of the reasons where academics and another reason was the coaching staff. I believe that if a boy/girl is an outstanding athelete and is not being played for whatever reason or is disatisfied with an athletic program, coaching staff, etc then that athelete or parent has the right to transfer at the end of the year and change schools to go into a better program. There is nothing wrong with that and everyone has freedom of choice. Brian there are kids that transfer to Owasso from the Tulsa Schools. There are also kids who transfer to Collinville from Owasso for more playing time.

I do however agree that the issue with Jenks when they payed for a family to move into the area out of booster club fees was wrong and if an action violates rules it is wrong also. I am not familiar enough with the area to make any judgments but after all..you guys were the ones who directed me to Union. Nobody mentioned anything about the athetic programs in this area when I was asking questions about school districts.

I do believe justice was served tonight when Jenks recieved a spanking from Union. My boys and I thoroughly enjoyed the game..

Quote:
Originally Posted by briansgi View Post
Yea, after all the suspensions at Jenks and Booker T. this year which revealed all the cheating these schools take part in, sure puts a damper on being enthusiastic on a state title. I never could understand why the OSSHA or whatever it's called never did not do more to these schools like Jenks and Union allowing transfer student athletes to transfer in their junior or senior year just to play football. When in Owasso every time there was a stud athlete on the football team the kid would mysteriously leave after his sophomore year and pop up at either Union or Jenks. Dominique Franks was a perfect example of that.

Oh well, kind of the way I feel about the New England Patriots superbowl championships. After they were caught cheating it sure taints all their championships in my eyes, just like this state title this weekend will be.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-05-2009, 08:42 AM
 
Location: Pawnee Nation
7,525 posts, read 15,959,879 times
Reputation: 7055
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raelyn28 View Post
..............I do believe justice was served tonight when Jenks recieved a spanking from Union. My boys and I thoroughly enjoyed the game..
GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you so much........I'm still on Cape Cod, so I can't get it live.

I have been to Jenks games where not only are the players jerks, but their parents warrant banning. I LOVE seeing Jenks get whipped.........just wish it could have been BA instead of Union doing it..........

http://feeds.newsok.tv/services/play...id=54356870001

Last edited by Goodpasture; 12-05-2009 at 08:52 AM..
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-05-2009, 05:48 PM
 
Location: Flower Mound, Texas
1,837 posts, read 3,905,734 times
Reputation: 567
If you can catch the game on FSOK as a rerun you would enjoy it. Union COMPLETELY dominated and Jenks looked like they didn't know what they were doing. It was very good. My boys and I were on TV a couple of times, lol. This was a good memory for us that we will always cherish..

Go REDSKINS!!!



Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodpasture View Post
GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you so much........I'm still on Cape Cod, so I can't get it live.

I have been to Jenks games where not only are the players jerks, but their parents warrant banning. I LOVE seeing Jenks get whipped.........just wish it could have been BA instead of Union doing it..........

Inline Article Video Player
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Tulsa
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:13 AM.

© 2005-2022, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top