Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Tulsa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-27-2007, 06:35 PM

2 posts, read 7,789 times

Advertisements

Hi all, this is my first post.

I grew up in Owasso but moved away in 1990. My husband and I are now thinking about moving back to the Tulsa area. My main question is about the schools. We would like to find an excellent public school system that has a decent percentage of minority students. We adopted our youngest child from India and we would not consider sending her to a school where she is one of very few non-white students. Any suggestions regarding which schools in the immediate Tulsa area offer both a diverse faculty/student body and an excellent education?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2007, 06:27 AM

11,887 posts, read 36,919,738 times
Go to:

GreatSchools.net

and type in the school or city and a list will pop up. From there you can view all statistics about a school, its student population (including demographics) and staff. This is a very good website. Best of luck to you and your family!

Old 05-28-2007, 03:54 PM

21 posts, read 98,328 times
Tulsa Booker T Washington Magnet High School was recently rated the 75th best school in the nation and is very mixed race.

Old 06-30-2007, 08:36 PM

9 posts, read 68,965 times
Booker T Washington is an excellent public high school. I believe you have to test to go there. Also, you will find more diversity in some of the private schools like Holland Hall. It's a private prepatory school. quite expensive but I do know that about 70% of their students get some sort of scholarship money.

Old 05-21-2011, 08:27 AM

1 posts, read 1,781 times
Instead of sending your children too a conservative school that is either color blind or all white where they can get a good Education and learn christian charity you are going to send them too a ultra liberal school where they will learn how to be *******s, learn poor white trash and ****** doings, learn liberalism, and learn that 2+2 somehow equals -5 don't your children deserve something better, a real education. A well educated person will respect people of different races and color. A ill educated person is a two faced liberal and communist ******* with the IQ and graces of a pile of grass clippings

Old 05-21-2011, 09:21 AM

174 posts, read 450,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkathey View Post
Hi all, this is my first post.

I grew up in Owasso but moved away in 1990. My husband and I are now thinking about moving back to the Tulsa area. My main question is about the schools. We would like to find an excellent public school system that has a decent percentage of minority students. We adopted our youngest child from India and we would not consider sending her to a school where she is one of very few non-white students. Any suggestions regarding which schools in the immediate Tulsa area offer both a diverse faculty/student body and an excellent education?

Thanks!
You're in luck! I have wonderful news for you!!

An article from Tulsa World detailed the racial and ethnic makeup of Oklahoma public schools. About 10 percent of enrollment is Latino, around 11 percent African-American and nineteen percent Native people. In fact, your old stompin' grounds of Owasso has a significant segment of students from the Pacific Area. Are these racial breakdowns good enough to provide the decent diversity your're seeking or are there still too many white students in the system?

Hopefully these facts can help you to place your confidence in the Oklahoma public school system. Welcome home!

Old 05-23-2011, 11:37 AM

10,400 posts, read 15,581,661 times
Default Who Would've Ever Thong It............

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnrichardziegler View Post
Instead of sending your children too a conservative school that is either color blind or all white where they can get a good Education and learn christian charity you are going to send them too a ultra liberal school where they will learn how to be *******s, learn poor white trash and ****** doings, learn liberalism, and learn that 2+2 somehow equals -5 don't your children deserve something better, a real education. A well educated person will respect people of different races and color. A ill educated person is a two faced liberal and communist ******* with the IQ and graces of a pile of grass clippings
Bless my soul who would've ever thong it?????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Tulsa