Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Tulsa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which city do you think rather live in?
Atlanta 0 0%
Dallas 0 0%
Nashville 0 0%
Portland 0 0%
San Antonio 1 16.67%
Seattle 1 16.67%
St. Louis 0 0%
Tulsa 4 66.67%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2010, 09:30 PM

20 posts, read 43,912 times

Advertisements

Hey, I have a question for you guys on here. I am looking into going to medical school to get my doctorate, and I am currently looking at 8 different schools. The schools I am looking at are in Atlanta, Nashville, Portland, Seattle, San Antonio, Dallas, St. Louis, and Tulsa. My question is out of the list of cities, which city would you like to live in the most, which city do you think would be fun to live in. Would you rather stay in Tulsa? Of course this does not have a definite affect on my decision, I just thought it would be fun to hear everyone's opinions. Or if you have another city that has a medical school in feel free to offer up the suggestion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2010, 08:28 AM

258 posts, read 1,014,446 times
The city I would most likely live in would be Tulsa of course lol. But the most "fun" to live in, would say either Dallas, Seattle or Portland. Though I must add the caveat that a bit older persons idea of fun might be different than a younger person, so me being an older gen Xer I think Tulsa is a good choice to grow my career which is something I consider fun lol. But a younger person may want more of a bustling, high paced, urban lifestyle with lots of younger, partying people so one of those other cities I mentioned might be a better choice. Go to a bigger city and have fun while your young and going to school, then come back to Tulsa and live well. :-) However..... I have run into a lot of younger college aged people in Tulsa who have this fondness for Tulsa and have discovered the joy of "making a difference" (check out TY Pros for instance). They get together with other people and are pushing for changes,,,, more urban development, light rail/trolley, new events and festivals,,,, enjoy seeing and being part of Tulsas growing "scenes",,, new museums, nightlife opportunities, rapidly growing colleges, concert venues, etc. etc. Tulsa is small enough that YOU can make a real difference. Tulsa is growing and changing and its fun to watch and to have a hand in whats going on. And you really can do that here where as that kind of thing is very hard to do in other larger cities. Oooor, you can go to one of those other cities that already has everything and enjoy that . Its just kind of what your personality is. Do you not want to bother with getting involved and simply want to kick back and enjoy what "others have already created lol", or do you like feeling involved and part of whats being created.

Old 02-17-2010, 03:22 PM

13 posts, read 28,647 times
I chose Tulsa. However, my second very close choice would be Seattle as my granddaughter is there!

As far as fun, I wonder if you will have much time for fun during medical school?

Old 02-28-2010, 03:22 PM

20 posts, read 43,912 times
Thanks for your responses. I was just curious what other peoples thoughts were. I probably won't have a lot of time for fun when I am in med school lol. I have lived in Tulsa for four years now, I used to live in Atlanta. Each city has its good points and its bad ones of course, every city does and each city is different. I love Tulsa, but I also want to get out and travel to different cities. I will probably end up going to just which one accepts me. I believe that you get out of life what you put in it, and if you want to have fun then you can.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Tulsa
View detailed profiles of: