Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Tulsa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2015, 04:53 PM

2,033 posts, read 1,679,538 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tete Dur View Post
I appreciate everyone's replies. My cousin and her husband lived in Tulsa before moving to New Orleans, and another uncle and his family lived in Tulsa for a goodly portion of my cousins' childhoods. It's a pleasant enough town, and like I said, I'd even consider retiring there in a few years. I think moxiegal said it best, but at the same time, they're not unlike people in other places. Me, I grew up in the midwest; Iowa, Minnesota, Illinois, Missouri, Wisconsin. Mostly small towns, but when I joined the Navy in the early '70s, it was mostly cities; San Diego, Los Angeles, Houston, Orlando, Philadelphia...and Tulsa. Interestingly, I find people in big cities tend to be more accepting, if not downright friendly toward new people. I find people here in Maryland tend to have that stand-offish attitude toward anyone not from here (about 2.5 hours south of evil DC). Have a good night, all.

PS: Does anyone remember Townsend Top Shop?
Interesting side note; I was a Navy wife for 15 years myself. That is a whole different culture...military life. That in itself, being a Navy dependent and being thrust into the Military base culture, helped me alot with relocating and assimilating where ever I went.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2015, 03:36 PM

34,254 posts, read 20,534,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Catfish2008 View Post
EDIT:
I have a sneaky suspicion RedBird is a closet CBer!
Breaker, breaker, Bass, watch the kojak with a kodak on 99.

Old 06-12-2015, 06:19 PM

7,525 posts, read 16,980,527 times
make that 69, it goes both ways to Dallas

Old 06-15-2015, 08:43 AM

5,546 posts, read 9,503,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by _redbird_ View Post
Breaker, breaker, Bass, watch the kojak with a kodak on 99.
How 'bout a little C.W. McCall:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Sd5ZLJWQmss

Old 10-07-2015, 02:22 PM

10,400 posts, read 15,579,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodpasture View Post
make that 69, it goes both ways to Dallas
Ahhhhhhhhh....... Goodpasture you did it again Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh

Old 05-25-2016, 10:10 PM

1 posts, read 856 times
I am an older woman with the soul of a young person , and I have the same problem. Can anyone give me advice on how to make friends who are fun. Moved to Tulsa from Seattle about 3 years ago. Kind of f÷el like a fish out of water. And so it goes.

Old 05-27-2016, 06:42 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,630,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pbennett2613 View Post
I am an older woman with the soul of a young person , and I have the same problem. Can anyone give me advice on how to make friends who are fun. Moved to Tulsa from Seattle about 3 years ago. Kind of f÷el like a fish out of water. And so it goes.
Try volunteering to get enough signatures to vote on legalizing medical marijuana in Oklahoma. Get a sign, the two petitions, and hang out on a busy street corner. You don't have to do it alone. You can help at locations where they are taking signatures at a pop up tent. Oklahoma HQ is in Tulsa. You might run into some fun people. More info at: https://oklahomansforhealth.com/. Scroll down the page for more info.

Old 05-28-2016, 10:30 PM

10,400 posts, read 15,579,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pbennett2613 View Post

I am a 64 years young African-American man originally from Oklahoma who has lived in California 30 plus years.

I plan to retire in Tulsa OK so this is what you do .

1. You volunteer in all of the non-profit places in TULSA.

2.You go to these ( Lakes hot spots and places)
(A) Grand Lake
(B) Fort Gibson
(C)Tenkiller
(D) Keystone
(E) .................

You sign up for every Meetup Group that vaguely interest you...WowwwwLaaaa.

Old 07-14-2016, 06:40 PM

11 posts, read 11,451 times
Buy yourself a bass boat You'll have "friends" than it will float. That or get yourself a deer lease.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Tulsa