Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Tulsa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2010, 09:19 AM

8,039 posts, read 4,512,606 times

Advertisements

HI everbody
I am seriously considering a move to Broken Arrow. I have only on occasion buzzed in and out. Could someone tell me what is a good safe area to live in, as well as some idea of the rental prices. I have done some research on rentals but have only been able to find apts. I am looking for a small house that will accept pets. I did know of a couple of people that lived there and they seemed to like it but i have lost touch with them so I am now relying on my CD buddies to give me some info. Any info would be appreciated.
Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2010, 12:57 PM

45 posts, read 184,848 times
I grew up in Broken Arrow, and know a lot about it.

The "new" Broken Arrow area is the nicest place to live. It is out by the outside between 71st and County Line - 41st and County line. There are tons of new neighborhoods out there that are very nice, affordable, and MORE than safe.

As for rental prices, I have no idea. You would probably pay less buying a home than renting right now, but thats up to you.

If you have more specific questions feel free to ask.

Old 05-04-2010, 08:28 PM

265 posts, read 904,023 times
Broken Arrow is definitely a great community to be in, tookey. Good luck on your search. I live in the south area of the city and love it here. The areas to the north, as mentioned above, are also excellent (new retail, restaurants, neighborhoods, etc...). There really isn't a bad part of B.A.

Old 05-04-2010, 09:58 PM

2,572 posts, read 4,249,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tookey View Post
HI everbody
I am seriously considering a move to Broken Arrow. I have only on occasion buzzed in and out. Could someone tell me what is a good safe area to live in, as well as some idea of the rental prices. I have done some research on rentals but have only been able to find apts. I am looking for a small house that will accept pets. I did know of a couple of people that lived there and they seemed to like it but i have lost touch with them so I am now relying on my CD buddies to give me some info. Any info would be appreciated.
Thanks
Your profile says you live in Tulsa. Broken Arrow is pretty much like SE Tulsa. In fact if it were not for the street signs being different colors you really wouldn't be able to tell when you are leaving Tulsa and entering Broken Arrow. What part of Tulsa do you live in that makes Broken Arrow seem so foreign to you?

Old 05-05-2010, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by okie1962 View Post
Your profile says you live in Tulsa. Broken Arrow is pretty much like SE Tulsa. In fact if it were not for the street signs being different colors you really wouldn't be able to tell when you are leaving Tulsa and entering Broken Arrow. What part of Tulsa do you live in that makes Broken Arrow seem so foreign to you?
I live in midtown Tulsa and as I stated I have only on very rare occasions buzzed in and out of BA. I haven't explored BA. It is not foreign to me at all I only wanted some insight from people that live, shop and work in BA. Since I live in midtown there is no need for me to travel to BA to do the things listed above I have everything here that I need. I suppose that this question may seem strange to some people but if I lived, shopped or worked in BA I would be asking the same question if I were planning a move to Tulsa.

Old 05-05-2010, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAGuy View Post
Broken Arrow is definitely a great community to be in, tookey. Good luck on your search. I live in the south area of the city and love it here. The areas to the north, as mentioned above, are also excellent (new retail, restaurants, neighborhoods, etc...). There really isn't a bad part of B.A.
Thanks BAGuy I appreciate the good info. The last time I was in BA I felt like I was in a calmer, less congested place even though I was there on business and there only a few minutes I felt if only for a short time I was in a whole other city (even though BA is part of Tulsa) I will definitely start my search.

Old 05-05-2010, 11:05 PM

Broken Arrow, while still growing, continues to invest a lot in street widening and maintenance so traffic is not as bad as some communities with 100,000 people. I think you will find most everything you need right here in BA and more stores and restaurants are on the way.

Old 07-06-2010, 10:30 PM

5 posts, read 20,922 times
My husband, 3 kids and I are re-locating from Atlanta to Broken Arrow, we think. We're considering a home for rent in the W Tuscon/W Jasper St area. I dont know if that's a good/bad/somewhere in between area or not. My husband says it seems nice, i'm just still nervous. Any insite?

Gina

Old 07-07-2010, 06:10 AM

7,525 posts, read 16,976,226 times
It's a great area......suburbia at it's best.

Old 07-07-2010, 12:56 PM

Georgiagin, that area of Broken Arrow is great. The traffic is never real heavy in that part of town. There is a Walmart Supercenter nearby and the Creek Turnpike has on/off ramps on Elm Place. There will be new on/off ramps along Aspen Ave.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Tulsa