Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Tulsa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-09-2011, 05:34 PM

2,572 posts, read 4,251,576 times

Advertisements

Raelyn I wasent ragging on you because you were going through a difficult time while here in Tulsa, I ragging on you because you said I had false information and you were wondering where I got it. I got it from you. I just simply copied and pasted one of your post.

Look, I would much rather be a friend than an enemies. There have been places I have lived that wasn't right for me but you don't see me getting on that post and making a big mess. I bet I have lived in more places than not only you but most on here.

I used to live in Euless, TX. When I saw you post on here that the traffic in DFW Meto area was not as bad as Tulsa and that the drivers down there were less aggressive then those in Tulsa I just had speak out. DFW is famous for heavy traffic and aggressive drivers.

My sister still lives in Dallas. a few months ago we went to the Central MKT in South Lake. A jerk was trying to pass us on one of the side streets. Well a car was coming in his land and he had on where to go. My sister slammed on her breaks but it was too late. The jerk that was passing side swiped her and then just sped off. She has an older car and only carried liability. So she is out the repair on her car. My sister and her other half love coming to Tulsa and are trying to get transferred up here.

You also mention that the summers were worst in Tulsa. Did you ever venture out of your home last summer?

Dallas has a humid subtropical climate, though it is located in a region that also tends to receive warm, dry winds from the north and west in the summer, bringing temperatures well over 100 °F (38 °C) at times and heat-humidity indexes soaring to as high as 117 °F (47 °C). When only temperature itself is accounted for, the north central Texas region where Dallas is located is one of the hottest in the United States during the summer months, usually trailing only the Mojave Desert basin of Arizona, southern Nevada, and southeastern California.

Sorry Tulsa didn't work out for you but I am glad to hear that your are happy in DFW. A lot of us here including me used to live in the DFW area but now live in Tulsa or Oklahoma and are very happy here.

Old 03-10-2011, 11:34 AM

10,400 posts, read 15,581,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raelyn28 View Post
Ok...sooooo??? This has nothing to do with my dislike for Tulsa... What do you mean the plot thickens? I don't get it?? Please do not use my personal problems (which I shared with y'all in order to get help and advise) then turn it around to use it against me twisting the words. There has been enough pain in my life. Geez... I didn't say my husband was trying to get away from me I said he was moving on with his life. Without disrespect for him, I will keep that confidential cause it is a long story. He is still with me today...so I guess I am not that bad, huh? And turning 40 was not a negative thing for me, quite the contrary. I am proud to be over forty and feel great. What is your issue here? Just because I said I didn't care for Tulsa everyone is making me into a monster.. Excuuuuuse me for living. I guess this is not a free country and we all have to walk around being fake and liking the same things.. Anyway, I am done with this subject. I don't live in Tulsa any longer and I don't care.

Have a good week.

I always knew deep down inside THAT A MAN COULDN'T LEAVE
A WOMAN LIKE YOU Raelyn28.........

Old 03-10-2011, 11:37 AM

10,400 posts, read 15,581,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodpasture View Post
Actually that is just what we told the civilians......the real reasons are many. I liked traveling and got paid for it, I liked physical activity, I got to shoot lots of different guns, I got to get laid by women from around the world, there for a while I got to shoot people and people got to shoot at me, we got all we wanted to eat, we got to get drunk almost every weekend, we got to fly on helicopters real low to the ground, we got to wake up early to the smell of napalm. What teenager wouldn't love it? And when we came home we got to brag about how tough we were and how we were standing in the breaches so grandma could attend the church of her choice. Well, not when we came home right a way.......it took a few years before people actually said thanks, had a fight or two when I got back on campus and told my peers what I had been doing the last 4 years. But for the most part, we had fun......and that is why I was in. But I've always been a bit of a cynic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7Y0e...eature=related

I never knew the REASON FOR JOINING THE MILITARY so the
MILITARY GAVE ALL OF US GI THOSE TALKING POINTS....LOL

Actually that is just what we told the civilians......the real reasons are many. I liked traveling and got paid for it, I liked physical activity, I got to shoot lots of different guns, I got to get laid by women from around the world, there for a while I got to shoot people and people got to shoot at me, we got all we wanted to eat, we got to get drunk almost every weekend, we got to fly on helicopters real low to the ground, we got to wake up early to the smell of napalm. What teenager wouldn't love it? And when we came home we got to brag about how tough we were and how we were standing in the breaches so grandma could attend the church of her choice. Well, not when we came home right a way.......it took a few years before people actually said thanks, had a fight or two when I got back on campus and told my peers what I had been doing the last 4 years. But for the most part, we had fun......and that is why I was in. But I've always been a bit of a cynic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7Y0e...eature=related

Old 03-13-2011, 03:24 PM

1,837 posts, read 4,149,271 times
Well.. if I am such a bad woman then why are ALL my ex-boyfriends trying to get back with me. My ex-husband who recently passed away from cancer told me before he died that I was the BEST woman he ever had. I am not bragging or anything but you know NOTHING about me and are making a mountain out of a mole-hill. Excuse me for not liking Tulsa...Now I am receiving character assassinations. Whatever...have fun putting people down. I know why people do that so it doesn't bother me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howest2008 View Post
I always knew deep down inside THAT A MAN COULDN'T LEAVE
A WOMAN LIKE YOU Raelyn28.........

Old 03-13-2011, 03:33 PM

You know what okie1962? I am pretty much done with this discussion.
You like it there, I like it here...so let's just enjoy where we are and let it go. It is no big deal and I was just responding to another person's post.. I will stay away from the Tulsa forum as long as I don't receive anymore character assasinations. To attack me personally is is not only wrong but a violation of the rules on this forum. I am surprized that the administrator's allow some of the things to be said that have been said.

I have NEVER attacked anyone personally by name calling and I just get really offended when I am attacked by others. I should just ignore it and move on which I am desciding to do today. I don't have time for all this anyway.

Thankyou for your post. I am truly happy that you like Tulsa. I am truly happy that I like Flower Mound, which by-the-way..really isn't that close to Dallas. I hardly ever have to leave this area because everything is here and the city itself is self-sufficient which I enjoy. I am not saying that Dallas doesn't have traffic problems because it does and I didn't say it wasn't hot here because it is. I just felt that Oklahoma was a lot more in-tolerable (to me) because of the humidity but I am sure they are both HOT.

Anyway, enough is enough...I leave in peace and wish you well...
Take care now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by okie1962 View Post
Raelyn I wasent ragging on you because you were going through a difficult time while here in Tulsa, I ragging on you because you said I had false information and you were wondering where I got it. I got it from you. I just simply copied and pasted one of your post.

Look, I would much rather be a friend than an enemies. There have been places I have lived that wasn't right for me but you don't see me getting on that post and making a big mess. I bet I have lived in more places than not only you but most on here.

I used to live in Euless, TX. When I saw you post on here that the traffic in DFW Meto area was not as bad as Tulsa and that the drivers down there were less aggressive then those in Tulsa I just had speak out. DFW is famous for heavy traffic and aggressive drivers.

My sister still lives in Dallas. a few months ago we went to the Central MKT in South Lake. A jerk was trying to pass us on one of the side streets. Well a car was coming in his land and he had on where to go. My sister slammed on her breaks but it was too late. The jerk that was passing side swiped her and then just sped off. She has an older car and only carried liability. So she is out the repair on her car. My sister and her other half love coming to Tulsa and are trying to get transferred up here.

You also mention that the summers were worst in Tulsa. Did you ever venture out of your home last summer?

Dallas has a humid subtropical climate, though it is located in a region that also tends to receive warm, dry winds from the north and west in the summer, bringing temperatures well over 100 °F (38 °C) at times and heat-humidity indexes soaring to as high as 117 °F (47 °C). When only temperature itself is accounted for, the north central Texas region where Dallas is located is one of the hottest in the United States during the summer months, usually trailing only the Mojave Desert basin of Arizona, southern Nevada, and southeastern California.

Sorry Tulsa didn't work out for you but I am glad to hear that your are happy in DFW. A lot of us here including me used to live in the DFW area but now live in Tulsa or Oklahoma and are very happy here.

Old 03-14-2011, 03:05 PM

34,254 posts, read 20,536,080 times
Poor Raelyn28. I hope you find happiness in TX. I really do. There are a lot of places I would not care to live, but I would not go so far as to call an entire city the armpit of the U.S.

Quote:
No a hate filled person is one who calls people names...like trolls, etc.

That doesn't make me a hate filled person, however I do dislike/hate name calling...
Quote:
There were a few things I liked but basically it was as someone once explained... The armpit of the United States...
It is ironic that you cry foul and lament the "character assassination" against you for simply not liking Tulsa (which is fine by me) then turn around and call the entire city of Tulsa, most of whom you have never met, the armpit of the U.S.

Quote:
Well.. if I am such a bad woman then why are ALL my ex-boyfriends trying to get back with me.
Is this a trick question? Off topic rhetorical question, but it does make one wonder...

Quote:
You know what okie1962? I am pretty much done with this discussion.

Clapping for Flower Mound, TX. The housing there is a little steep, but who can argue with their crime stats? That can only be good for your boys.
(see the City-data crime stats)

Old 03-14-2011, 08:47 PM

2,572 posts, read 4,251,576 times
I don't see where I attacked her, I just reposted what she had posted in the past. I'm just glad the mess is cleaned up.

Old 03-14-2011, 08:56 PM

HaHaHa!! Somebody from Tulsa told me it was the armpit of the United States. I was just repeating what someone told me..but whatever. They said it because of the rendering plant in Collinsville. I was going to move there and a member of City data pm'd me and told me about the plant. Up until then I had never heard of one...

You guys are so funny. I am so sorry that I have started the stirring of a bees hive. Never intended on that to happen by simply stating my view, experience and opinion.. I didn't personally attack the people of Tulsa or Oklahoma cause there are lots of great people there. I just said I didn't like the town and now I am being stung.

Have a good week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by _redbird_ View Post
Poor Raelyn28. I hope you find happiness in TX. I really do. There are a lot of places I would not care to live, but I would not go so far as to call an entire city the armpit of the U.S.

It is ironic that you cry foul and lament the "character assassination" against you for simply not liking Tulsa (which is fine by me) then turn around and call the entire city of Tulsa, most of whom you have never met, the armpit of the U.S.

Is this a trick question? Off topic rhetorical question, but it does make one wonder...

Clapping for Flower Mound, TX. The housing there is a little steep, but who can argue with their crime stats? That can only be good for your boys.
(see the City-data crime stats)

Old 03-14-2011, 09:51 PM

7,525 posts, read 16,981,976 times
Quote:
Well.. if I am such a bad woman then why are ALL my ex-boyfriends trying to get back with me..................
Are you serious? I can think of several reasons why a guy would want to get back with a former gf........lets see..........

1) She was the only girl that would go out with losers like them.........
2) She was easy
3) She was rich
4) She was decorative
5) She was more fun than anyone since

As to why they want to get back with you, who knows? I would imagine each of them has their own reason. I recall a book I read once where the hero said to the heroine "I don't know why anyone would want to marry a fool like me" whereupon she said "A lot you know, you ever know a fool that wasn't married?"

In my history, although I've never tried to get the girl back that I dumped some time in the past, I'm not sure what would motivate me to try to get her back..........someone somewhere must have really low esteem.....maybe if the girl were a bad woman in a good way...............

Old 03-14-2011, 09:53 PM

7,525 posts, read 16,981,976 times
Quote:
HaHaHa!! Somebody from Tulsa told me it was the armpit of the United States.
and hair you were, eh? (pardon the pun, eh?)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Tulsa