Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2010, 08:30 AM

2,637 posts, read 12,660,285 times

Advertisements

There are many fantastic pieces of art in the world that I would not put in my home.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2010, 08:56 AM

5,299 posts, read 8,278,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tilli View Post
I found the work that was made to be pretty interesting, and here I actually agree with the judges about which was the weakest - Miles' extremely cold pixel graphics. I was reminded of something his father said - that if the process was good then the final product would take care of itself. It's too bad that Miles bought into that line, because it is clearly not possible for technical skill to ever compensate for a lack of vision, or a lack of soul. These are things that Miles is lacking, and all the process in the world will never make up for it. Seriously, he took photos that captured someone's last days on Earth and this inspires him to make these ice-cold modernist dot compositions? It would have been so much better if he had just never revealed what the pictures were about. I was especially concerned when he mentioned that he spent his childhood killing small animals? Suddenly my head was full of the theme from Criminal Minds, and all his weird manipulative charm combined with total self-absorption finally made some kind of terrible sense. I hope that was just an artifact of editing or something and he's not actually quite THAT crazy.
It was a split decision in my house. DH liked Abdi's work, while I chose Peregrine. As I said before, Miles just rambles on about his projects, but his explanations don't convey any meaning. Miles probably made up the whole story about the homeless man dying. He knew it wasn't real and the reason why he produced a piece lacking in empathy.
I noticed that Miles did not appear in the final scene when the former contestants were shown streaming into the room. I assumed he was somewhere off pouting. Mile's disclosure about killing small animals was very disturbing, and one can only hope it was taken out of context.
I'm glad that judge finally admitted he was constantly singling Abdi out for criticism while letting Miles slide every week. All in all, I really liked WOA and hope it returns. I only wish they would eliminate the edited clips and all the drama between the contestants.

Old 08-19-2010, 10:41 PM

2,303 posts, read 5,690,116 times
I was surprised Abdi won. I thought it'd be Miles. They seemed to like him up to the end. That one judge told Abdi he was starting to doubt his ability to something or another...I figured he'd be biased toward the others at that point. Peregrine's art was like an acquired taste. I think it takes a certain type of mindset to appreciate it. Me, since I'm so surface level when it comes to art....I didn't quite get it. I did love that spiritual piece Abdi did shortly before the finale. There was something very powerful about it. That's the only piece of art I'd consider purchasing. I thought it was an okay show.

Old 05-20-2011, 08:28 AM

5,299 posts, read 8,278,340 times
Does anyone know when Season Two will air? I read it's been renewed but can't find the date.

Old 05-20-2011, 01:45 PM

6,790 posts, read 8,218,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerlily View Post
Does anyone know when Season Two will air? I read it's been renewed but can't find the date.
I watch Bravo quite often, and it's not being advertised yet, so I imagine it's at least a few months away, maybe it will air in the fall, IDK.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV