Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-16-2010, 07:29 AM

2,600 posts, read 3,693,914 times

Advertisements

I really hate the new power. I don't think anyone should go into a challenge with an advantage unless that advantage just happens to be stronger/better players.

On the young team, I really like Brenda. I didn't really get a good "feel" for anyone else.

I'm rooting for the older team. I like Jimmy Johnson more than I thought I would. I don't know him from football, only from the Extenze commercial so I kind of saw him as a joke. He actually seems very likable, and I'm rooting for him. I don't think he stands a chance, but I'm still rooting for him. Jimmy T. annoys me. I also like the big black guy. I can't remember his name, though.

Old 09-16-2010, 08:13 AM

15,891 posts, read 18,386,181 times
As a long time Cowboys fan I am quite familiar with Jimmy Johnson. I have always considered the guy to be a total jerk. I think I'm still mad about the Tom Landry fiasco.

But I have to say that he did himself proud on episode #1. I hope he continues to do so.

I find the older team to be more interesting. Maybe that is because I am older myself. Those folks just seem to have more to them than the youngsters. I realize that editing may very well have a lot to do with my take on the tribes. That one fellow looks like a mafia hitman or a pit boss in Atlantic City. He really has not had an opportunity to show his stuff yet but I have a feeling he is going to be a very interesting character. Again, I have to admit that I tend to like folks from Brooklyn because that was where my father was from. Love the accent. "We're going to jern da choich this Sunday." bwwwahahahahaha.

Dimples is looking good.

I'm so happy that Survivor is back in business.

Old 09-16-2010, 08:32 AM

4,363 posts, read 6,552,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYTom View Post
I bet someone is going to hide that girl's leg somewhere!
Russell H would have on the first night.

Ok first epi - Team Old is looking shaky. I HATE HATE HATE Jimmy Johnson but for one time I am rooting for him to at least get to hang around for a while. This tribe was falling apart on Day One - yikes! Lets hope they can pull through and at least win a challenge. I've given up hopes of any of them winning.

Old 09-16-2010, 09:38 AM

8,228 posts, read 14,253,962 times
I wouldn't have voted out Jimmy NFL, but the other guy, not sure his name, wearing the bandana? The guy at council who said it was frustrating because in his real life he was a leader. I think he's the fisherman?
But the guy that fell apart after the challenge - "I need to lay down I'm so traumatized by the challenge" and then later went off about something with "no I will be heard". That guy. What a emotional wimp.
The guy with the salt and pepper short hair seems the best of the oldsters so far. Looks a bit like a used car salesman but I like what he says, when he says it and how he says it.

Wendy - I think the decision was made before TC so running her mouth didn't change anything. Since she was so quiet and trying to act different - I almost wonder if she would have lasted longer if she'd just been herself. Sure absolutely annoying - but in shape and a worker - its all about surviving, who cares if she's annoying?

Old 09-16-2010, 09:47 AM

6,560 posts, read 14,496,339 times
It's probably just as well the goat gal got voted off now. She would have been voted off soon anyway. In order to be completely unaware of how others perceive you and get anywhere in Survivor, you have to have something else going for you (for example, Coach being a pretty fair physical specimen, or Russhole being a complete clever snake). In the beginning they are looking for fairly uncontroversial boots and her little speech was directed more at herself than anyone else, essentially trying to convince herself that her gameplay didn't suck.

Could not believe, could not believe, the idiocy of the Old tribe's bucket gal at the top, just slopping it all over the place. Either she was too weak to manage the bucket, in which case one needs to pour less water at a time, or she did not comprehend the need to pour the water with caution, in which case she is stupid.

Old 09-16-2010, 10:20 AM

4,884 posts, read 5,032,633 times
Coach Jimmy was not looking good at the TC. He looked like he had been there 30 days already. Was it Holly on the bucket? She looks like a player that goes home pretty quick.

Old 09-16-2010, 10:47 AM

15,370 posts, read 39,190,069 times
Quietly wonderin to hisself if Coach J brought along a 3 month supply of Extenze..........

Old 09-16-2010, 11:00 AM

7,398 posts, read 5,512,445 times
I hate when they pit younger against older, it's not fair in the physical challenges. If I was there I'd be on the older team so I am rooting for them.

Old 09-16-2010, 11:08 AM

7,835 posts, read 8,460,241 times
I loved last night's show! As a fogy, myself, I'm of course rooting for the old people's team. Go Fogies!

I was a huge, huge fan of Tom Landry -- they really don't come any classier than that. But I don't understand the Jimmy Johnson hate. It was Jerry Jones who screwed Landry over, not Johnson. And after a bad first season, he led the Cowboys to back-to-back Superbowl titles. So is the hate related to his Dolphins tenure?

Old 09-16-2010, 12:37 PM

3,943 posts, read 6,388,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slamont61 View Post
Russell H would have on the first night.

Ok first epi - Team Old is looking shaky. I HATE HATE HATE Jimmy Johnson but for one time I am rooting for him to at least get to hang around for a while. This tribe was falling apart on Day One - yikes! Lets hope they can pull through and at least win a challenge. I've given up hopes of any of them winning.
I can't stand Jimmy Johnson either. I was so hoping he would get voted out first.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV