Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-10-2014, 05:07 AM

7,672 posts, read 12,887,388 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemaine View Post
Good episode! I still don't understand why the jawless, armless walkers don't try to attack Michonne when she walks them on the leash. They walk right behind her, and don't try to attack? Even without jaws and arms, I would think they would try to bite her. Hmmmm.
That was the only hiccup for me but I ignored it as the rest of the episode was really good. I saw that call was still a brat but the show played up to it perfectly. And he coming to the realization how it really is our there and it isn't simple/black and white.

I was very happy to see them back on track with the original story line.

Old 02-10-2014, 05:35 AM

10,247 posts, read 11,232,153 times
Commercials Every 10 minutes...

My only complaint(s) about last nights episode - Not enough Michonne, too much Carl and his falling down...

Old 02-10-2014, 05:59 AM

11,787 posts, read 17,875,248 times
Quote:
Good episode! I still don't understand why the jawless, armless walkers don't try to attack Michonne when she walks them on the leash. They walk right behind her, and don't try to attack? Even without jaws and arms, I would think they would try to bite her. Hmmmm.
They never really explain why and I guess we never will really know. We are just supposed to accept it. Milton and the Gov at least talked about but couldn't come up with an explanation only that the desire to feed was gone. I guess it is kind of like neutering a dog. But it does take away from the relentless nature of zombies that is portrayed when they, for instance, walk through fire or follow the sound of a gunshot for hours and miles. Even a severed head will try to bite you.

Even though several people have seen her do it - she's the only one willing to.

Old 02-10-2014, 06:04 AM

4,975 posts, read 11,728,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourian View Post
They never really explain why and I guess we never will really know. We are just supposed to accept it. Milton and the Gov at least talked about but couldn't come up with an explanation only that the desire to feed was gone. I guess it is kind of like neutering a dog. But it does take away from the relentless nature of zombies that is portrayed when they, for instance, walk through fire or follow the sound of a gunshot for hours and miles. Even a severed head will try to bite you.

Even though several people have seen her do it - she's the only one willing to.
Maybe removing the jaw acts like neutering a dog. Either way I find it really creepy to have 2 leashed walkers following her around. (And at one point they were walking ahead of her.) I try not to over think this show too much. Can't wait for next week!

Old 02-10-2014, 06:12 AM

5,094 posts, read 5,193,270 times
What's with the houses that have no dust in them? It seems like they are slacking on the details. After all the time that has elapsed, every surface should be covered in dust and the yards should be overrun with weeds.

Old 02-10-2014, 06:33 AM

3,859 posts, read 3,063,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaten_Drinker View Post
What's with the houses that have no dust in them? It seems like they are slacking on the details. After all the time that has elapsed, every surface should be covered in dust and the yards should be overrun with weeds.
The maid comes in once a week and cleans them.

Old 02-10-2014, 06:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourian View Post
I guess it is kind of like neutering a dog.
Quote:
Maybe removing the jaw acts like neutering a dog.
Umm, yeah - good point.

But not only that it trains them too. They walk in step with her and don't bunch up or trip over each other and the respond to the rope like horses. She's got nerves of steel, I could not be in a herd like that with zombies behind me and all around without freaking out. Sudden moves could alert them.

Old 02-10-2014, 06:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaten_Drinker View Post
I'd cut them some slack on that being that it is a TV show and not a movie. They probably had to ask that whole street to evacuate for at least a week during certain times of the day and borrow some folks houses. All for just what turns out to be a half hour of screen time.

There's just no way to prep a yard and House that quick and not damage it too much once they are done shooting.

Old 02-10-2014, 06:56 AM

7,424 posts, read 5,531,511 times
Quote:
There was a scene in season 3 where Andrea was making her own walker by chopping off the arms and breaking the jaw. If I remember right she explained to Milton, who was there, that by doing that it calmed them down. So, yeah, I guess like neutering them.

The only thing I didn't like about last nights episode was Herschel's head. It was kind of like seeing him killed all over again. Of course if Michonne had done that to the Gov's head I would have been OK with that.

Old 02-10-2014, 06:58 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,145,088 times
Quote:
Maybe removing the jaw acts like neutering a dog.
That's kinda what I think as well. Though they seem to have a very low level of awareness, I guess they eventually realize that, without arms and a jaw, they can't eat, and just sort of go docile.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV