U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 10-11-2010, 11:28 AM
FBJ FBJ started this thread
 
Location: Tall Building down by the river
39,605 posts, read 55,716,446 times
Reputation: 9451

Advertisements

Tonight starting at 8pm on HUB

8pm-Family Ties,
8:30pm-Family Ties
9pm-Wonder Years
9:30pm-Doogie Howser
10pm-Happy Days
10:30pm-Happy Days
11pm-Laverne and Shirley
11:30pm-Batman



Now that's a real treat for old sitcom lovers, I'm excited-lol
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-11-2010, 11:47 AM
 
16,086 posts, read 39,164,651 times
Reputation: 6336
I was never much of a Happy Days/LaVerne and Shirley fan but I liked 60s sitcoms and Batman's campy/absurd alliterative writing... I would like to see more from that era being shown and although it's before my time Nick used to show stuff from the 50s like Burns and Allen, I Married Joan, My Little Margie, Love That Bog, Bachelor Father, Pete and Gladys, Life of Riley, Jack Benny (my fave).. I would love to see that stuff again. You would think there would be a market for that - I mean Happy Days hasn't exactly been out of circulation.

I saw reruns of "Our Miss Brooks" as a kid in the 60s and would kill to see that again. Nobody could deliver a mordant line or look like Eve Arden!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-11-2010, 11:52 AM
FBJ FBJ started this thread
 
Location: Tall Building down by the river
39,605 posts, read 55,716,446 times
Reputation: 9451
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
I was never much of a Happy Days/LaVerne and Shirley fan but I liked 60s sitcoms and Batman's campy/absurd alliterative writing... I would like to see more from that era being shown and although it's before my time Nick used to show stuff from the 50s like Burns and Allen, I Married Joan, My Little Margie, Love That Bog, Bachelor Father, Pete and Gladys, Life of Riley, Jack Benny (my fave).. I would love to see that stuff again. You would think there would be a market for that - I mean Happy Days hasn't exactly been out of circulation.

I saw reruns of "Our Miss Brooks" as a kid in the 60s and would kill to see that again. Nobody could deliver a mordant line or look like Eve Arden!

Happy Days hasn't been on a national cable channel since 2002
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-11-2010, 12:07 PM
 
Location: Matthews, NC
14,691 posts, read 25,135,574 times
Reputation: 14385
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
Happy Days hasn't been on a national cable channel since 2002
Is TVLand not considered a national cable channel? I could swear it was on that channel after 2002. What is your source for stating that it has not been on since 2002?

Also, I am amazed at how many channels keep popping up with these retro TV shows. I guess they can get them for pretty cheap and the channel must not cost that much to maintain.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-11-2010, 12:12 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread
 
Location: Tall Building down by the river
39,605 posts, read 55,716,446 times
Reputation: 9451
Quote:
Originally Posted by bs13690 View Post
Is TVLand not considered a national cable channel? I could swear it was on that channel after 2002. What is your source for stating that it has not been on since 2002?

Also, I am amazed at how many channels keep popping up with these retro TV shows. I guess they can get them for pretty cheap and the channel must not cost that much to maintain.

My source is my EYES. I watched HD everday after work in the summer of 2002 and then after 2002 it was gone. It hasn't been on TV land since 2002. Actually I will talk to another junkie to confirm
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-11-2010, 12:14 PM
 
948 posts, read 3,019,933 times
Reputation: 687
Earlier this morning I was channel-surfing and happened to notice the new channel.

I hope they show more old shows soon!

Watch Kids Videos and Play Free Online Games | Hub TV | HubWorld
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-11-2010, 01:38 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread
 
Location: Tall Building down by the river
39,605 posts, read 55,716,446 times
Reputation: 9451
Quote:
Originally Posted by bs13690 View Post
Is TVLand not considered a national cable channel? I could swear it was on that channel after 2002. What is your source for stating that it has not been on since 2002?

Also, I am amazed at how many channels keep popping up with these retro TV shows. I guess they can get them for pretty cheap and the channel must not cost that much to maintain.
Ok I talked to someone and it last aired on TV Land in 2006 as part of a Merrython. But the last time it was shown on a regular basis on a cable station was the summer of 2002.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-12-2010, 06:57 AM
 
6,367 posts, read 15,742,113 times
Reputation: 5926
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
Ok I talked to someone and it last aired on TV Land in 2006 as part of a Merrython. But the last time it was shown on a regular basis on a cable station was the summer of 2002.
Wrong

Happy Days - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Syndication
"Happy Days has aired in syndication on many different networks, having aired in the United States on Nick at Nite in the 1990s, TV Land from 2002-2007, and WGN America from 2002 until 2008. FamilyNet aired the show from 2009-2010. The Hub began airing the program in October 2010."
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-12-2010, 07:25 AM
 
Location: Columbia, SC
1,859 posts, read 4,755,018 times
Reputation: 797
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
Tonight starting at 8pm on HUB

8pm-Family Ties,
8:30pm-Family Ties
9pm-Wonder Years
9:30pm-Doogie Howser
10pm-Happy Days
10:30pm-Happy Days
11pm-Laverne and Shirley
11:30pm-Batman



Now that's a real treat for old sitcom lovers, I'm excited-lol
Yes, I've known this for about a month, was so excited to see Wonder Years returning to TV!! Doogie & Family Ties are good shows too.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-12-2010, 08:20 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread
 
Location: Tall Building down by the river
39,605 posts, read 55,716,446 times
Reputation: 9451
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimme3steps View Post
Wrong

Happy Days - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Syndication
"Happy Days has aired in syndication on many different networks, having aired in the United States on Nick at Nite in the 1990s, TV Land from 2002-2007, and WGN America from 2002 until 2008. FamilyNet aired the show from 2009-2010. The Hub began airing the program in October 2010."


Maybe it seemed like it because it was no longer being aired in primetime like it was in 2002
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2022, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top