Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2007, 02:31 PM

1,594 posts, read 5,283,088 times

Advertisements

This year had a few good finales but it got me thinking about my favorite finales. Here are my top five:

1. Alias season 2: Sydney Bristow wakes up in a foreign country and discovers that she's been missing for two years and doesn't remember anything but sees a wedding ring on Michael's finger.

2. Lost season 1 or maybe season 2 or 3...oh hell all of them!

3. Grey's Anatomy season 2: Poor Denny! I rarely cry but this one made me loose it. Cliffhangers galore: who will Meredith choose and will Izzy be back. Loved it!

4. Star Trek: The Next Generation season 3: Captain Picard becomes a Borg. I am not a huge Star Trek fan but this one really had me on the edge of my seat - talk about a cliffhanger!

5. Quantum Leap season 3: Sam leaps into a mental patient and gets electroshock therapy and starts acting like all the people he has been. At the end lighting strikes and Al switches places with Sam.

What are some of your favorite season or series finales??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2007, 02:51 PM

578 posts, read 3,063,460 times
These are my favorite finales:

Prison Break Season 2 - what is going to happen to them in jail, what was all that shouting at the end?
Lost season 3 - always makes me want more and like the other season finals leaves a big ? is Jack off the island along with kate?
Jericho - Sad ending but also war is about to erupt
Heroes - Hiro is stuck in 1600's

Old 07-07-2007, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anarchy View Post
These are my favorite finales:

Prison Break Season 2 - what is going to happen to them in jail, what was all that shouting at the end?
Lost season 3 - always makes me want more and like the other season finals leaves a big ? is Jack off the island along with kate?
Jericho - Sad ending but also war is about to erupt
Heroes - Hiro is stuck in 1600's
I always wished I watched Jericho. Good list!

Old 07-07-2007, 12:56 PM

468 posts, read 1,637,540 times
I don't watch a lot of TV to be honest, but I horribly enjoyed all of the West Wing season finales until Aaron Sorkin left.

Old 07-07-2007, 01:41 PM

2,433 posts, read 6,678,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmj_fla View Post
This year had a few good finales but it got me thinking about my favorite finales. Here are my top five:

1. Alias season 2: Sydney Bristow wakes up in a foreign country and discovers that she's been missing for two years and doesn't remember anything but sees a wedding ring on Michael's finger.

2. Lost season 1 or maybe season 2 or 3...oh hell all of them!

3. Grey's Anatomy season 2: Poor Denny! I rarely cry but this one made me loose it. Cliffhangers galore: who will Meredith choose and will Izzy be back. Loved it!

4. Star Trek: The Next Generation season 3: Captain Picard becomes a Borg. I am not a huge Star Trek fan but this one really had me on the edge of my seat - talk about a cliffhanger!

5. Quantum Leap season 3: Sam leaps into a mental patient and gets electroshock therapy and starts acting like all the people he has been. At the end lighting strikes and Al switches places with Sam.

What are some of your favorite season or series finales??
Did you see the Quantum Leap series finale? That one was pretty good as well.

Old 07-07-2007, 03:40 PM

238 posts, read 554,428 times
FRIENDS but i wish it hadn't have ended!
with Monica and Chandler finally having their children and ross and rachel together what a more perfect ending.

Old 07-07-2007, 04:02 PM

578 posts, read 3,063,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmj_fla View Post
I always wished I watched Jericho. Good list!
Cheers cmj_fla, Jericho was great I can't believe CBS are killing the show though its gutting

Old 07-07-2007, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye48 View Post
Did you see the Quantum Leap series finale? That one was pretty good as well.
:::Quantum Leap Spoiler alert (a few decades late but just in case):::Yes, I did it was awesome as well even though Sam never makes it back home
My favorite episode was when he was Lee Harvey Oswald. What an amazing show.

Old 07-07-2007, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anarchy View Post
Cheers cmj_fla, Jericho was great I can't believe CBS are killing the show though its gutting
I heard that it was saved thanks to all the 20 tons of peanuts that were sent to CBS by disgruntled fans. Why would they send peanuts BTW? Is that a show plot?

Old 07-07-2007, 10:49 PM

10,219 posts, read 15,931,403 times
I missed the Heroes finale because I chose to watch the 24 finale instead. The 24 finale was good but not the best for the show....Season 3 of 24 had the best finale of any show (though S4 was the best season overall).

I heard the Heroes finale was really great though and I'll definitely download it from somewhere or get the DVD. For most of the season, I downloaded both from a campus file sharing network but had my TV turned on to 24 just to support the show. I prefer to watch it afterward downloaded this way I can avoid the commercials. You see, the effect is greatly diminished when in one scene you see Jack Bauer shooting or interrogating (aka torturing in 24) a terrorist then the scene fades to something about lemonade or car insurance
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV